Gaming Confessions & Blasphemy

ccesarano wrote:

Either way, Mega Man X is still the best Mega Man game ever, even better than 2. :P

IMAGE(http://t.qkme.me/3qk8ef.jpg)

This is our hobby. I has a sad.

IMAGE(http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-qqjJ5H2/0/L/i-qqjJ5H2-X3.jpg)

Archangel wrote:

This is our hobby. I has a sad.

IMAGE(http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-qqjJ5H2/0/L/i-qqjJ5H2-X3.jpg)

My wife and I finished up a castle in the new Super Mario Bros, and posted the following to the Miiverse:

Go home Bowser Jr, you're drunk

It was deleted within 30 minutes

I'm getting really sick of multi-phase boss battles. It's been done to death, and I'm tired of having my sense of accomplishment completely ruined when a defeated enemy unexpectedly transforms into something new and more powerful. Even worse, this mechanic always either takes away player control while the boss is monologuing/transforming, or just makes the boss temporarily invincible. Just once I'd like an option to shoot Evil McVillainpants in the face just as he's about to inject himself with Formula X or perform some magic ritual or whatever.

muttonchop wrote:

I'm getting really sick of multi-phase boss battles. It's been done to death, and I'm tired of having my sense of accomplishment completely ruined when a defeated enemy unexpectedly transforms into something new and more powerful. Even worse, this mechanic always either takes away player control while the boss is monologuing/transforming, or just makes the boss temporarily invincible. Just once I'd like an option to shoot Evil McVillainpants in the face just as he's about to inject himself with Formula X or perform some magic ritual or whatever.

Hobbes2099 wrote:
ccesarano wrote:

Either way, Mega Man X is still the best Mega Man game ever, even better than 2. :P

IMAGE(http://t.qkme.me/3qk8ef.jpg)

Bring it!

muttonchop wrote:

I'm getting really sick of multi-phase boss battles. It's been done to death, and I'm tired of having my sense of accomplishment completely ruined when a defeated enemy unexpectedly transforms into something new and more powerful. Even worse, this mechanic always either takes away player control while the boss is monologuing/transforming, or just makes the boss temporarily invincible. Just once I'd like an option to shoot Evil McVillainpants in the face just as he's about to inject himself with Formula X or perform some magic ritual or whatever.

O hai:
IMAGE(http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103095215/fallout/images/d/d1/FO01_NPC_Master_B.png)

manta173 wrote:

Played LOL for about 2 hours and quit never to return... it is boring to me when I can't just go for it. (Feeding is the main complaint here as it penallizes aggressive play.)

I have heard tons of complaints about LoL but never someone claim it was boring.

ME3 back and forth, mostly going over what was said earlier in the year

There probably is a 'right' level of seriousness that developers and gamers need to treat their games with. There's no such thing as a serious-o-meter, so everyone's just going to have to be reasonable about it, and there's no 100% 'right' way of handing such a situation as the ME3 ending. "Demand" is probably too strong a word, and outright dismissing peoples' concerns is probably not so great an idea either.

This isn't rocket science.

Tanglebones wrote:
muttonchop wrote:

I'm getting really sick of multi-phase boss battles. It's been done to death, and I'm tired of having my sense of accomplishment completely ruined when a defeated enemy unexpectedly transforms into something new and more powerful. Even worse, this mechanic always either takes away player control while the boss is monologuing/transforming, or just makes the boss temporarily invincible. Just once I'd like an option to shoot Evil McVillainpants in the face just as he's about to inject himself with Formula X or perform some magic ritual or whatever.

O hai:
IMAGE(http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103095215/fallout/images/d/d1/FO01_NPC_Master_B.png)

New confession! I don't what that thing in the picture is.

Kids these days.

Nicholaas wrote:

Kids these days. ;)

Actually, I don't know what that is either, but the image looks freaky and the game unplayable.
Enable me!!!

muttonchop wrote:

New confession! I don't what that thing in the picture is.

Hobbes2099 wrote:

Enable me!!!

I have never played Fallout

Seems to be the in confession right now... and I haven't.

I cannot play games set during either a real-world historical or modern setting that has "kill people" as a central game mechanic.

A couple of years ago, I tried playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. After I realized Ezio HAD to kill random guards (who were just guys doing their jobs, probably working to support a family, what's WRONG with you, you sociopath?) to complete objectives, I lost interest.

I wish Ubisoft would create a tourist mode or set some kind of economics game in those environments.

(Also, add me to the “Zelda is boring” list.)

Origin is OK.

I find it difficult to express anything more than indifference when it comes to publicly-traded game companies like EA and Activision. Life's too short. Play an indie game or something.

Nicholaas wrote:

Kids these days. ;)

Education, lacking, etc..
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Master

The first and only Fallout game I played was Fallout 3. I've missed out on a surprising number of classics over the years.

I actually never played Fallout either... But I bought it on GOG a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I intend to rectify my blasphemy soon-ish.

Spoiler:

it's actually in my pile and I'll probably not play it for some time.

muttonchop wrote:

The first and only Fallout game I played was Fallout 3. I've missed out on a surprising number of classics over the years.

One of the salient features of The Master as a last boss is that if you have a high enough speech score, you can convince him to commit suicide in the final boss fight.

MyLadyGrey wrote:

I cannot play games set during either a real-world historical or modern setting that has "kill people" as a central game mechanic.

A couple of years ago, I tried playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. After I realized Ezio HAD to kill random guards (who were just guys doing their jobs, probably working to support a family, what's WRONG with you, you sociopath?) to complete objectives, I lost interest.

I wish Ubisoft would create a tourist mode or set some kind of economics game in those environments.

(Also, add me to the “Zelda is boring” list.)

It didn't bother me in the Renaissance, but it's really bugging the crap out of me in the American Revolution. And now it's retroactively bugging me that I wasn't bugged about all those dead Italians.

I am a closet sociopath, and have no problems slaughtering untold thousands.[/b]

I made use of Saints Row 3's pre-mapped groin punch button on hundreds of innocents. I killed thousands in that game, plus who knows how many others in other games. Hey, how about Sins of a Solar Empire, where you have to annihilate every living thing on a planet before you can claim it?

I am a very, very bad person when I am playing games.

kazooka wrote:
MyLadyGrey wrote:

I cannot play games set during either a real-world historical or modern setting that has "kill people" as a central game mechanic.

A couple of years ago, I tried playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. After I realized Ezio HAD to kill random guards (who were just guys doing their jobs, probably working to support a family, what's WRONG with you, you sociopath?) to complete objectives, I lost interest.

I wish Ubisoft would create a tourist mode or set some kind of economics game in those environments.

(Also, add me to the “Zelda is boring” list.)

It didn't bother me in the Renaissance, but it's really bugging the crap out of me in the American Revolution. And now it's retroactively bugging me that I wasn't bugged about all those dead Italians.

Assassin's Creed was pretty explicit that the people killed were only NPCs in a simulation. You are not traveling time and carrying out missions, but replaying missions saved within DNA. It's pretty much the definition of a free killing zone.

Jayhawker wrote:

Assassin's Creed was pretty explicit that the people killed were only NPCs in a simulation.

That doesn't explain why you get in trouble for accidentally stabbing the occasional civilian in the back when trying to pickpocket them...

Accidentally, eh?

IMAGE(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vZFuAaiA6LY/T0GL6LJpGDI/AAAAAAAABjM/oJkdKOVx-bs/s1600/murderer.jpg)

Redherring wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

Assassin's Creed was pretty explicit that the people killed were only NPCs in a simulation.

That doesn't explain why you get in trouble for accidentally stabbing the occasional civilian in the back when trying to pickpocket them...

It's stated in games that in the real history your protagonist didn't kill civilians. The simulation is taylored to copy your protagonists historic actions. If you start to act too differently you break (de-sync) the program.

Competitive multiplayer is just a grind.

Grinding is doing the same thing over and over just to make the numbers bigger. Sounds like every recent competitive multiplayer game I know of.

About the hired goons, I'm remembering that Clerks scene.

EverythingsTentative wrote:

Competitive multiplayer is just a grind.

Grinding is doing the same thing over and over just to make the numbers bigger. Sounds like every recent competitive multiplayer game I know of.

Recent games, I'd struggle to disagree with you. There are a number of 'pure' competitive games where it is just the game and your opponents though. Blame the trend where companies feel they have to artificially hook you into the game (with methods other than just having a good game) just long enough for them to put out a sequel to start the cycle again.

EverythingsTentative wrote:

Competitive multiplayer is just a grind.

Grinding is doing the same thing over and over just to make the numbers bigger. Sounds like every recent competitive multiplayer game I know of.

Nah, actually it's the other way around. There's only one number that matters (don't buy into the fluff), and you want to make it as close to one as possible.

But you can say that about any competitive.... thing.

Tanglebones wrote:

O hai:
IMAGE(http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103095215/fallout/images/d/d1/FO01_NPC_Master_B.png)

Confession: I had no idea who this was because the time I made it to the end of Fallout, my copy was pirated and didn't have the FMV movies.