2012: Unofficial GWJ Secret Santa 6.0 feat. Trichy Claus

Dimmerswitch wrote:

Glad XCOM was a success (and glad I got in before you'd picked it up for yourself).

I know I'd said I would PM you the tracking number, but my car is currently buried under the blizzard we've had over the past 36 hours, so that'll happen when I manage to dig it out. In terms of what's in the box? I don't think it's too big a hint to say that you strike me as a thirsty fellow.

Hey, don't worry about it. Its only been rain here, and I know what Wisconsin snows are like! I'll keep an eye on the front step for the next few days, and will post when I can.

Color me intrigued. And thirsty.

I wasn't able to get pictures snapped yet but I wanted to thank Squee9 for the awesome game Dixit! Thanks and I will try to get some pics posted soon!

I received my Secret Santa package a while ago, haven't been around to post that I'd received it yet. I'm waiting to open the box closer to Christmas to see what unknown joys it contains! I'll post pics once I crack it open!

Stantee and Stan - reveal thyselves!

farley3k wrote:

I wasn't able to get pictures snapped yet but I wanted to thank Squee9 for the awesome game Dixit! Thanks and I will try to get some pics posted soon!

Got your back son! A physical letter should be there soon as well.

In other news, thanks for the sweet Black Mesa coffee mug TigerBill!

Johnvanjim wrote:

I received my Secret Santa package a while ago, haven't been around to post that I'd received it yet. I'm waiting to open the box closer to Christmas to see what unknown joys it contains! I'll post pics once I crack it open!

IMAGE(http://cococubed.asu.edu/images/87a/images/unknown_pleasures.jpg)

I still don't know/have not figured out who my Stanta is. I do know he or she is from here in Minnesota:) At least that is what the return address was

Squee9 wrote:

In other news, thanks for the sweet Black Mesa coffee mug TigerBill!

There's more coming. You will be getting another package today, one is in transit form California, and, one hasn't shipped yet.

Tanglebones wrote:
Johnvanjim wrote:

I received my Secret Santa package a while ago, haven't been around to post that I'd received it yet. I'm waiting to open the box closer to Christmas to see what unknown joys it contains! I'll post pics once I crack it open!

Unknown Pleasures

Rainsmercy wrote:

To whomever is my Secret Stanta, thank you so much! Will definately use the leather punches! And I have always wanted to play Dungeon Command, now to find someone to play with me:)

(Pics)

Thanks again secret Stanta, whoever you are!

Aww crap, I forgot to sign the card! Twas I! Glad to hear that you didn't have those particular punches yet (I was a tad afraid of that!) and although I don't have dungeon command, I hear good things about it! Mebbe we can convince someone else who has it locally to come to one of the game nights and give it a go!

Happy Holidays!

Johnvanjim wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

To whomever is my Secret Stanta, thank you so much! Will definately use the leather punches! And I have always wanted to play Dungeon Command, now to find someone to play with me:)

(Pics)

Thanks again secret Stanta, whoever you are!

Aww crap, I forgot to sign the card! Twas I! Glad to hear that you didn't have those particular punches yet (I was a tad afraid of that!) and although I don't have dungeon command, I hear good things about it! Mebbe we can convince someone else who has it locally to come to one of the game nights and give it a go!

Happy Holidays!

Didn't find a card, just a post it note inside:) Thanks JVJ! I guess you can play two player with one of the sets, though don't know how yet, have not had the time to sit down and read the instructions, though my wife did offer to play it with me, that didn't go so well when we tried to play wrath of ashardalon....planning on bringing it to the next gaming night!

TigerBill wrote:
Squee9 wrote:

In other news, thanks for the sweet Black Mesa coffee mug TigerBill!

There's more coming. You will be getting another package today, one is in transit form California, and, one hasn't shipped yet.

Just got it, it's nice having the day mostly off. Thanks for the shirt!

I got a awesome present from Santa Nasty, but no opening pics as yet.

My daughter grabbed them and said "These go under the tree until Christmas!"

I can tell from the cards that this is going to be GOOD!

Oh, and Santa Nasty (if you're Nasty) also dropped Arkham City GOTY in my Steam account, which is all sorts of awesome!

Many thanks SallyNasty!

So nice I posted twice!

I have received what I imagine to be the 2nd package from my Stanta. I will open it soon, I wonder what's inside?

Dr.Incurable wrote:

I have received what I imagine to be the 2nd package from my Stanta. I will open it soon, I wonder what's inside?

IMAGE(http://www.matdiablo.com/storage/photos/h_in_2001_bowman_03.jpg)

SallyNasty wrote:

Stantee and Stan - reveal thyselves!

Been busy and haven't been watching the thread.

Glad you like what I picked for you. Happy holidays, sir!

kilanash wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Stantee and Stan - reveal thyselves!

Been busy and haven't been watching the thread.

Glad you like what I picked for you. Happy holidays, sir!

Buddy, you nailed it. Will make a drink and take a picture tonight!

Got my package on the 19th.

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2739571/2012-12-18%2014.42.28.jpg)

Sable the kitty decided she wanted to open it first.

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2739571/2012-12-18%2014.43.32.jpg)

Upon opening:

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2739571/2012-12-18%2014.44.15.jpg)

And the final shot of everything:

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2739571/2012-12-18%2014.45.17.jpg)

Psoplayer, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks so much!

My Stan hit it out of the park! I apologize for the crappy picture though.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/oFS5o.jpg)

Nice! I loved Ready Player One, it's a fantastic read.

I will get some pics up this evening. I have no idea who my Stanta is. I actually thought it was Paleocon, as it was mailed from Columbia, MD. But then the package didn't blow up or slice my hand off.

But whoever it was kicked butt!

soonerjudd wrote:

Nice! I loved Ready Player One, it's a fantastic read.

I'm really excited.

Jayhawker wrote:

I will get some pics up this evening. I have no idea who my Stanta is. I actually thought it was Paleocon, as it was mailed from Columbia, MD. But then the package didn't blow up or slice my hand off.

But whoever it was kicked butt!

Nope. Groan posted picks of the item I sent him. Not a Krissmass Kukri, but he seemed to enjoy it all the same.

Paleocon wrote:

...Not a Krissmass Kukri, but he seemed to enjoy it all the same.

Did you just start a new tradition with a Han-O-kuh Hatchet?

TigerBill wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

...Not a Krissmass Kukri, but he seemed to enjoy it all the same.

Did you just start a new tradition with a Han-O-kuh Hatchet? ;)

Feliz Vinniedad!

TigerBill wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

...Not a Krissmass Kukri, but he seemed to enjoy it all the same.

Did you just start a new tradition with a Han-O-kuh Hatchet? ;)

That would be Hawnukkah 'hawk.

Here are some unboxing photos of SillyRabbit's gifts. Sorry about the delay in getting these out, but we had a front come through here and it knocked out our power for a little over 24 hours and we're recovering from that as well as getting packed up to head out of town for Christmas.

Anyways, a brown box from Kentucky showed up at my door on Wednesday. Upon opening it, there was a nicely wrapped package with two envelopes attached.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/bTWq3.jpg)

The first envelope contained a nice note from Secret Santa SillyRabbit.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/uikhR.jpg)

On the package there was a really neat circuit board dog Christmas ornament (which went directly on the tree here in the house).

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/br6Kh.jpg)

Inside the wrapping was a copy of TTR Europe! We have regular TTR here at the house and it gets a lot of playtime, so we'll definitely be playing this.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/crdnZ.jpg)

Also, not pictured was a code to redeem an audiobook and a was a nice gift of Botanicula via Steam. I'm in the process of downloading the audiobook now and hope to give it a listen on the 7 hour car-ride to my folks' house.

Great job, SillyRabbit, and Feliz Vinniedad to you and yours too!

So my box came with three gifts.

First up, a new Jayhawks cap I've needed to replace my assorted worn caps:

IMAGE(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8295252419_4c6a3c50fa.jpg)

Then came a copy of a Vimes Centric Discworld book:

IMAGE(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8364/8296302412_493ba89486.jpg)

And then finally, this 2nd Amendment repealing, gun-banning pacifist is going to be shooting some wild animals!

IMAGE(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8358/8295252111_25ec057452.jpg)

As I said, there was no indication as to who sent the gifts, but it was well done. Thanks, Secret Stanta!

I cannot make promises as to that game in particular, but Cabella's is surprisingly fun. On an HDTV at least. Just don't play story mod.e.

SixteenBlue that is a great f*cking gift set. Ready Player One didn't blow me away like it seems to have with others, but it was a fun read indeed. You'll like it, I imagine.