Disney Buys LucasFilm, Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015

SpacePPoliceman wrote:
Tscott wrote:

Now the question is... Will time travel be somehow involved in the plot?

Fringe, Lost, Alias, Star Trek and even

Spoiler:

Felicity

all had time travel in them.

Brainstorming: Obi Wan, after being killed by Vader and merging with the Force, becomes aware of inconsistencies between earlier events in his life leading to Vader becoming Vader, and the current, ideal chain of events that will lead to the fall of the Empire. The culprit is Sidious, who prepared, should he die, for the past to be altered--suddenly, Uncle Owen only met Anakin once, the mother Leia remembers is actually her adopted mother, Yoda only trained Obi Wan through elementary school, etc--the accumulation of these changes resulting in the present being torn asunder, invalidating his death. Obi Wan projects into the past, restoring events to as they should have been. It's a do-over on the prequels, basically.

I'd watch it.

I'm a big fan of the expanded universe and I'm not sure how I feel about sequels.

Part of me wants them to respect the expanded universe, even though it's not canon. The other part of me wants something completely new and surprising knowing that it would "ruin" the future of Star Wars that I'm familiar with.

Now I know what a lot of hard-core comic book fans feel like when they make movies based on comic book stories. Do you simply re-tell the story panel-for-panel? Do you take the ideas and tweak them a bit? Or do you go off completely on your own with an original story?

I like reboots. I'd take retelling of the entire six movie saga. Any order, and any changes to make them better.

But if Abrams does that, I'd probably have to never visit a forum on the movies again. The Star Trek stuff was bad enough. I think the internet would melt down if they jacked with Star Wars.

The internet would melt down with joy if it were only the prequels that were being rebooted.

People would primarily flip out if they touched ESB.

Just when I thought I was out..

I hate the way that guy broke up the VII.

All I ask is that they film on location.

Grenn wrote:

All I ask is that they film on location.

IN SPACE

garion333 wrote:

I hate the way that guy broke up the VII.

I dislike the zero in 2015, actually. Which is a weird thing to get uptight about, but typography nerd so what can you do?

Duoae wrote:
Tscott wrote:

Now the question is... Will time travel be somehow involved in the plot?

Fringe, Lost, Alias, Star Trek and even

Spoiler:

Felicity

all had time travel in them.

Darth Vader: Luke.... You are my father!

Luke Skywalker: No.. It can't be... NOOooooo!

That's impossible!

Tanglebones wrote:

Just when I thought I was out..

Stupid involuntary chills.

mr_n00b wrote:

Stupid involuntary chills.

Wow, me too. Freaky.

Tanglebones wrote:

Just when I thought I was out..

Needs more lens flare.

Katy wrote:

Needs more lens flare.

So I ended up watching Mission Impossible III the other day thanks to the Netflix thread—somebody said that it was worth re-watching before diving into Ghost Protocol. Anyway, what with all the lens flare in Star Trek and Abrams' involvement with Star Wars I paid extra attention to the lighting.

There were a lot of light sources on-screen in MI3. There weren't a lot of lens flares. There was a little bit of glare around the lights, but it didn't get in the way of what was on-screen. Mostly it served to add some nice bits of color, and kept it from being a generic teal-and-orange mess. There was also a lot of interesting use of colored light illuminating the sets and actors.

You know what Star Wars has lots of? Interesting colored light sources. If blaster bolts and light saber blades pop like the city lights and background fixtures did in MI3 then I think it could look awesome, especially if they also shine their colors out into the world.

So now they've announced 2 spin-off Star Wars movies that are going to be released in addition to the new trilogy they're planning. Rumor has it that one movie will focus on a young Han Solo while the other focuses on Boba Fett.

Kehama wrote:

So now they've announced 2 spin-off Star Wars movies that are going to be released in addition to the new trilogy they're planning. Rumor has it that one movie will focus on a young Han Solo while the other focuses on Boba Fett.

YES PLEASE!

Kehama wrote:

So now they've announced 2 spin-off Star Wars movies that are going to be released in addition to the new trilogy they're planning. Rumor has it that one movie will focus on a young Han Solo while the other focuses on Boba Fett.

If they don't base the young Han Solo stuff off of the Han Solo trilogy of books, I will be sad.

BadKen wrote:
mr_n00b wrote:

Stupid involuntary chills.

Wow, me too. Freaky.

Yep. *happy nerd sigh* *sad sigh*

BadKen wrote:
mr_n00b wrote:

Stupid involuntary chills.

Wow, me too. Freaky.

Those shivers are because John Williams is a frelling genius.

I'm less than impressed with that trailer - when the two pieces of the logo changed scale, they didn't change at the same rate and that break in the line around the numbers where the edges of Star Wars used to be was highly annoying to me. Having a fine break there as a visual separation is good; having it not move with the letters and fill in the line around the numbers behind itself as it shifted is a newb's mistake. This isn't a fan-film for crying out loud.

That, and there was absolutely nothing in it about the actual film at all.

momgamer wrote:
BadKen wrote:
mr_n00b wrote:

Stupid involuntary chills.

Wow, me too. Freaky.

Those shivers are because John Williams is a frelling genius.

I'm less than impressed with that trailer - when the two pieces of the logo changed scale, they didn't change at the same rate and that break in the line around the numbers where the edges of Star Wars used to be was highly annoying to me. Having a fine break there as a visual separation is good; having it not move with the letters and fill in the line around the numbers behind itself as it shifted is a newb's mistake. This isn't a fan-film for crying out loud.

That, and there was absolutely nothing in it about the actual film at all.

To be fair, it was also a fan-trailer

Tanglebones wrote:
momgamer wrote:
BadKen wrote:
mr_n00b wrote:

Stupid involuntary chills.

Wow, me too. Freaky.

Those shivers are because John Williams is a frelling genius.

I'm less than impressed with that trailer - when the two pieces of the logo changed scale, they didn't change at the same rate and that break in the line around the numbers where the edges of Star Wars used to be was highly annoying to me. Having a fine break there as a visual separation is good; having it not move with the letters and fill in the line around the numbers behind itself as it shifted is a newb's mistake. This isn't a fan-film for crying out loud.

That, and there was absolutely nothing in it about the actual film at all.

To be fair, it was also a fan-trailer

Oh. I didn't realize that. Well then somewhat scratch the bit about the letters, and double-down on the John Williams comment.

momgamer wrote:

Those shivers are because John Williams is a frelling genius.

In point of fact, if there is no John Williams, I will not buy a movie ticket.

Nimcosi wrote:
momgamer wrote:

Those shivers are because John Williams is a frelling genius.

In point of fact, if there is no John Williams, I will not buy a movie ticket.

Careful what you say... I assume that no matter what happens we will all buy tickets. Because we are sheeple...

manta173 wrote:

I assume that no matter what happens we will all buy tickets. Because we are sheeple...

That way leads to suffering...

As long as there's no Shia The Beef in ANY of this... I'll be fine with it.

dhelor wrote:

As long as there's no Shia The Beef in ANY of this... I'll be fine with it.

You didn't hear that they are casting him as the young Han Solo?

Nevin73 wrote:
dhelor wrote:

As long as there's no Shia The Beef in ANY of this... I'll be fine with it.

You didn't hear that they are casting him as the young Han Solo?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Nevin73 wrote:
dhelor wrote:

As long as there's no Shia The Beef in ANY of this... I'll be fine with it.

You didn't hear that they are casting him as the young Han Solo?

You take that back! LALALALALALALALA

Guys, if you mention him 3 times, he's summoned to your favorite movie that's coming out soon. So stop it.

Radical Ans wrote:
Kehama wrote:

So now they've announced 2 spin-off Star Wars movies that are going to be released in addition to the new trilogy they're planning. Rumor has it that one movie will focus on a young Han Solo while the other focuses on Boba Fett.

YES PLEASE!

Really?

I mean, really?

Do you guys actually love Star Wars that much? Because I kind of want to groan. They haven't even made a new movie yet and I'm already sick of the universe.