NFL 2012 Week 7 Thread

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

Hmm, same as Gumbie.

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

I'm not sure if you got my picks from last week right, Legion. By my count, I should have gone 2-3: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1... I'm the first reply on that page.

Votes for first coach fired?

I think Andy Reed is trending but hes in season safe so I'll throw him out.

Don't even know the Clevelands coachs name but I'll assume since Holmgren was already thrown out hes in trouble BUT the current coach gets to finish the year out as an 'audition' of sorts.

So my guesses would be in no specific order.

Romeo Crennel.

Jim Schwartz.

Jason Garrett.

and.......... Norv Turner.

caveat I know nothing in depth about any promises these guys might have to see the season out. Also Norv might actually be bullet proof cause if the owner hasn't cared to date what makes us think they will start now.

I might put some Jelly Beans on Garret this week if the prop comes up because a loss to Carolina (plausible) and hes a definite dead man walking.

Cowboys
Patriots
Bengals
Vikings
Saints

Norv Turner is the most hated man in San Diego. After letting the Broncos pull off that stunning upset, you've got to think his seat is hotter than ever.

I don't think Crennel goes during the season. The Chiefs front office is in chaos, and Pioli is very likely going to be gone. I think a new GM will come in and be given the opportunity to assemble a staff. Unless Pioli leaves first, I think he keeps Crennel rather than point out another mistake he made.

I think there will be an entire new front office and coaching staff next year. I don't thin Pioli is going to be granted the right to hire and fire prior. It sucks, as a Chiefs fan, but the rest of this season is pretty much written off.

Norv Turner, I think. If you let one of your biggest rivals pull a comeback like that, then you gotta expect that the whole town's gonna be out for blood.

I would simply point out that, were Norv Turner susceptible to being fired for making dumb decisions, he would have been fired a really, really long time ago.

San Diego should fire Norv and bring in someone who can instill some discipline. Like Marty Schottenheimer.

Jayhawker wrote:

I don't think Crennel goes during the season. The Chiefs front office is in chaos, and Pioli is very likely going to be gone. I think a new GM will come in and be given the opportunity to assemble a staff. Unless Pioli leaves first, I think he keeps Crennel rather than point out another mistake he made.

I think there will be an entire new front office and coaching staff next year. I don't thin Pioli is going to be granted the right to hire and fire prior. It sucks, as a Chiefs fan, but the rest of this season is pretty much written off.

With your starting QB situation this was sort of a given, to me.

The Cowboys aren't good but yet Jerry Jones thinks they are. I'll take Jason Garrett with the mid-season firing after losing the next 2 games.

fangblackbone wrote:

I am really surprised that Marty hasn't landed a coaching job somewhere.

He did, of course - the UFL! Which he is now suing.

I don't think he has potential to make a superbowl contender (at least all by himself). But i do know that he can get his team to have solid fundamentals and make them less prone to blowing leads or making stupid mental mistakes.

I think teams regularly under perform with Norv Turner as coach. I don't think the same can be said of Schottenheimer.

Shotty was unfairly scapegoated for the Chargers' shortcomings in the playoffs. I still think San Diego made a mistake letting him go.

Of course, what really happened was a power struggle with Chargers GM AJ Smith, who brought in the agreeable Norv Turner to be a suitable yes-man. They had initial success with the team built under Marty, and it's slowly disintegrated since then.

I am really surprised that Marty hasn't landed a coaching job somewhere.

I don't think he has potential to make a superbowl contender (at least all by himself). But I do know that he can get his team to have solid fundamentals and make them less prone to blowing leads or making stupid mental mistakes.

I think teams regularly under perform with Norv Turner as coach. I don't think the same can be said of Schottenheimer.

I have a hard time seeing Jason Garrett fired. That'd be Jerry Jones folding on his pet project, his phenom.

What that franchise needs right now is to acquire an offensive coordinator that Jason Garrett will be willing to delegate playcalling to.

Right now, they have Bill Callahan. Which, just... no.

Jayhawker wrote:

I don't think Crennel goes during the season. The Chiefs front office is in chaos, and Pioli is very likely going to be gone. I think a new GM will come in and be given the opportunity to assemble a staff. Unless Pioli leaves first, I think he keeps Crennel rather than point out another mistake he made.

I think there will be an entire new front office and coaching staff next year. I don't thin Pioli is going to be granted the right to hire and fire prior. It sucks, as a Chiefs fan, but the rest of this season is pretty much written off.

Yeah I underestimated how bad the Chiefs are. They made Tampa Bay look good last week.

I would assume Schottenheimer has some not so minor control issues. He obviously ruffled feathers with Snyder in DC. But I don't think he is without fault there. (he ruffled feathers with Darryl Green who happens to be a really nice guy, the NFL's fastest man and was a long time team leader)

But I would have kept him anyways.

I saw that bit about the UFL. At least he finally got a championship! Being paid would be nice too though.

*Legion* wrote:

I have a hard time seeing Jason Garrett fired. That'd be Jerry Jones folding on his pet project, his phenom.

What that franchise needs right now is to acquire an offensive coordinator that Jason Garrett will be willing to delegate playcalling to.

Right now, they have Bill Callahan. Which, just... no.

I was thinking this but the more Garrett sucks the more it makes Jerry Jones look bad because he is his pet project. Maybe I should say after 4 losses in a row because that is going to happen if the Cowboys don't beat the Panthers this Sunday. And I mean that because they have a tough upcoming 4 game schedule: Panthers, Giants, Falcons, Eagles.

Elliottx wrote:

The Cowboys aren't good but yet Jerry Jones thinks they are. I'll take Jason Garrett with the mid-season firing after losing the next 2 games.

The Jerry Jones factor! can never be underrated.

Thx for the insight Jayhawker. When it comes to the NFL sometimes guys have infinite rope in season because they are pretty much 100% done after the last game anyways.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

I would simply point out that, were Norv Turner susceptible to being fired for making dumb decisions, he would have been fired a really, really long time ago.

Thats the feeling I get also.

SD has a bye so hes safe this week by default I assume.

Week 8? Chargers at Browns. Lose to the Browns coming off a bye probably should do it... Otherwise we can probably declare everyone above Norv dead and hes been able to keep them animated like weekend at Bernies somehow.

For Garret its Carolina then home vs the Giants... Lose both and especially the latter in epic fashion and I think he could be done. At 2-5 the Jerry Jones factor would definitely come into play.

edit: wasn't aware of the pet project status.

Boy howdy I suck at this game-picking thing.

Cowboys at PANTHERS. I'm going with the dysfunctional team that's desperate for a win. Also, PANTHERS.

Jets at Patriots. Tebow. Ick.

Steelers at Bengals. Tomlin!

Cardinals at Vikings.

Saints at Buccaneers. Sorry, MMD, but my Panthers need your Bucs to lose.

Xeknos wrote:

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

I'm not sure if you got my picks from last week right, Legion. By my count, I should have gone 2-3: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1... I'm the first reply on that page.

Er, Legion?

Cowboys at Panthers
Jets at Patriots
Steelers at Bengals
Cardinals at Vikings
Saints at Buccaneers

Easy for Seattle's defense to look good when they get away with pass interference like that.

Xeknos wrote:
Xeknos wrote:

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

I'm not sure if you got my picks from last week right, Legion. By my count, I should have gone 2-3: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1... I'm the first reply on that page.

Er, Legion?

You're updated.

*whistles* Seattle +9 under 37.5

You know, this game would be interesting if there was good defense or offense going on. Or if the refs were trying to actually control the game. It seems like both teams are just trying to out-suck each other. But they're not trying too hard, because that would be interesting.

Matthew Berry [email protected]
Apparently, to catch a pass, Golden Tate needs a DB to do it for him.
*Legion* wrote:
Xeknos wrote:
Xeknos wrote:

Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Saints

I'm not sure if you got my picks from last week right, Legion. By my count, I should have gone 2-3: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1... I'm the first reply on that page.

Er, Legion?

You're updated.

Much obliged, sir.

jowner wrote:
Matthew Berry [email protected]
Apparently, to catch a pass, Golden Tate needs a DB to do it for him.

I think that the Seahawks accidentally brought the greased balls to the game instead of the real ones.

IMAGE(http://www-thescore.s3.amazonaws.com/images/60241/original.gif?1350616213)

starting to think he might be a tad too intense.