Each week we will be engaging in Portal 2 Level Jams. Everyone building levels will be keeping to a specific restriction or idea (e.g., “verticality”). After everyone submits their levels, you get to vote for your three favorites. The winner then chooses the theme for the next challenge.
- Only one map per participant.
- Maps must be new designs. No submitting ones you've already made.
- Maps must be made using in-game puzzle creator only.
- Until the deadline, any change to your submitted map is permissible.
- Maps are to be your interpretation of the current challenge. You don’t need to ask if your interpretation is permissible- if people don’t like your take on the challenge you’re simply less likely to get votes.
- You can vote without building, but it's important to note that you will forfeit any chance of winning the novelty paperweight.
- Votes should be of your top 3 favorites, in order.
- The winner is tasked with coming up with the next challenge. In case of a tie both parties will mesh their individual ideas into a single challenge.
Elaborate a puzzle or series of puzzles in your chamber, in which all 5 cubes have to be used. Companion, Franken, Reflect, Sphere, and Standard.Repeats are allowed, as long as all 5 DIFFERENT cubes are present at least once. Also, cubes can be reused several times if you so wish.
Dates for the current challenge:
Submissions open: October 9th
Submission deadline: October 13th
Voting begins: October 13th
Voting ends: October 18th
(All times are 11:59 PM EDT)
Challenge history with links to collections:
Science Challenge #1: Verticality (winner: Jolly Bill)
Science Challenge #2: Purist (winner: Jolly Bill)
Science Challenge #3: 4 Slice Pizza (winner: Dimmerswitch)
Science Challenge #4: You gotta have Faith (winners: Jolly Bill & kexx)
Science Challenge #5: Companion Cube Adventures (Winner: Omaha)
Science Challenge #6: Grate Expectations (Winner: Bellirish)
Science Challenge #7: Song Remains The Same (Winner: googleimage)
Science Challenge #8: Grog: May or May Not Contain Kerosene (Winner: Mantid)
Science Challenge #9: Black & White (Winner: Kexx)
Science Challenge #10: Fox Force Five (Winner: ?)