X-Com Enemy Unknown AAR: First Contact

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Your face is like a sectoid's ass, Prozac!

[size=18]Status Report[/size]
Date: March 20th, 2015

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700266930115/1B98B5D87DA02B0BA3CBBA047672F1C2311ECE91/)

Operation Brutal Dirge was a success! The following promotions are effective immediately:

Cartoonin Brandt: Squaddie to Corporal
Quintin Stone: Rookie to Squaddie: Sniper

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700268934044/038F4475E6967C27C77FD164BE04DE8488395943/)

[size=14]Barracks roster:[/size]
[color=blue][size=14]Officers[/size][/color]
Squaddie Brizahd Wizahd ASSAULT
Squaddie Elimu Edwin SNIPER
Rookie Chuki Cyrax [color=red]GRAVELY WOUNDED: 14 Days[/color]

[color=blue][size=14]Soldiers[/size][/color]
Sergeant Prozac Fluoxetine HEAVY WEAPONS [color=red]GRAVELY WOUNDED: 15 Days[/color]
Corporal Cartoonin Brandt SUPPORT
Squaddie Vincent Vega SUPPORT
Squaddie Quintin Stone SNIPER [color=red]WOUNDED: 5 Days[/color]
Rookie Wandering Taoist
Rookie Dennis D-Man777
Rookie Tatu Tkyl
Rookie Puce Moose

Additionally, we failed to announce in our last report that we started our scientists working on researching the arc thrower. We hope to have it completed within the week.

[size=18]Status Report[/size]
Date: March 24th, 2015

Our engineers have reported that the alien containment facility has just been brought online. Now, we only need to get our scientists to complete their research on the arc thrower, and we can begin trying to capture a live alien for interrogation.

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700268994628/A0B72A1A96502633F129DEAB930132987E39524B/)

[size=18]Status Report[/size]
Date: March 27th, 2015

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700269020004/CF1A0C537BA62FC80F8CAD0140E38A638E0F9659/)

Arc Throwers are now available for construction. It will be vitally important for our field officers to insure a capture of a live alien on their next mission, so that we may get vital intel from them.

Our scientist will now focus their efforts on the secrets of Experimental Warfare. ETA: 1 week. (Why is it always 1 week with these people? I feel they may just be giving me a timeline so I'll go away)

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700269059536/EF270E36388C9C01B319E80D2FD3D296FC845F64/)

[size=18]Status Report[/size]
Date: March 27th, 2015, evening

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700269205648/56EB9E040300BCE1EFF82D1A0EDFCB7F81224027/)

Important communique from X-Com council!

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700269203393/3F7622CAF5C9E5EF3DF18BEA490FCDADE4476736/)

How can we refuse to help those that fund us? We can't, so we are organizing a strike team to get in there and save this "friend" of the council. Team will be lead by Squaddie Brizahd Wizahd.

[size=14]Response Team:[/size]
Squaddie Brizahd Wizahd, commanding
Corporal Cartoonin Brandt, Support
Squaddie Vincent Vega, Support
Rookie Wandering Taoist

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103700269195654/1DBAAC7ED1A89D4FCBB2960E3B971C985295278B/)

Godspeed, gentlemen, come back safely. Oh, and bring back a live alien, or you won't get fed tonight.

When I inevitably die in my first mission and I get turned into a zombie thing that spawns a crysalid, can we document that crysalid's adventures? I'll just be glad a little part of me lives on to slaughter the rest of you.

oilypenguin wrote:

When I inevitably die in my first mission and I get turned into a zombie thing that spawns a crysalid, can we document that crysalid's adventures? I'll just be glad a little part of me lives on to slaughter the rest of you.

I don't know if we can document it, mostly because anytime I've tried to follow a Chryssalid around, it keeps trying to impregnate me (and not even buying me a drink first!) I'm sure we can come up with some good fan fiction for it, though. I mean, other people can, I can't write for sh*t.

Laarrs wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:

When I inevitably die in my first mission and I get turned into a zombie thing that spawns a crysalid, can we document that crysalid's adventures? I'll just be glad a little part of me lives on to slaughter the rest of you.

I don't know if we can document it, mostly because anytime I've tried to follow a Chryssalid around, it keeps trying to impregnate me (and not even buying me a drink first!) I'm sure we can come up with some good fan fiction for it, though. I mean, other people can, I can't write for sh*t.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I'm confused now because cyrax's shot showed me becoming a heavy. I do like being a sniper more, mind you. Funny role for the guy who kept missing.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I'm confused now because cyrax's shot showed me becoming a heavy. I do like being a sniper more, mind you. Funny role for the guy who kept missing. :lol:

Ha, how about that! Looks like class promotion is determined back at base, and not in the field. I finished the mission and went back to base to snap the report card, but didn't save it because I didn't know if Laars wanted me to mess with the upgrades. When he loaded up the save I sent, and was brought to the base, the class was re-selected.

Like you said, a much more appropriate promotion. Now you'll be able to hit something not just in front of your face!

Oh, I got arc thrower as my loadout. I sense my time will soon be over in the squad...

wanderingtaoist wrote:

Oh, I got arc thrower as my loadout. I sense my time will soon be over in the squad...

Bah! That's silly talk, rookie! Now get out there and chase down that group of sectoids! I'm sure the rest of the squad will be watching your back....safely....from behind full cover.

...

Sorry, man

cyrax wrote:

Like you said, a much more appropriate promotion. Now you'll be able to hit something not just in front of your face!

Sniper rifles actually give a penalty if the enemy is too close.

CO Cyrax reporting for duty. Here's your AAR, Commander. (I didn't realize at the time that Steam screenshots can't be categorize well, or linked as a group. Sorry for the mess.)

10/18 Edit:

Moved the screenshot links to a spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...

Videos now uploaded. I wish I would've sped them up, as I take an unreasonable amount time to make my decisions. So, there's your warning. Either view it while multi-tasking, or have some music going, because it's not very exciting.

Playlist

I'd like to report for duty as soon as a spot opens up for a fresh rookie presumably after quintin blows up Prozac.

I'm in, too, if you need more fodder.

Excuse me?! Prozac is the one who panicked!

INTERNAL MEMO

To: X-Com publicity department
From: Commander Laarrs

Regarding the video helmet footage from Operation Brutal Dirge: I believe that you are correct, we do need to get some more positive press, and the release of this footage to the media is approved. However, I highly recommend editing out the footage that starts at the 8:30 mark of video 1, and resume again after the 9:00 mark. The last thing we need the world to see is how much of a coward Corporal Prozac Fluoxetine is in the field. That would hamper our efforts at calming the populace at large. Additionally, having the world see our commanding officer taken out by a stationary car isn't much better. I expect to have the final cut on my desk by the morning for review.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Excuse me?! Prozac is the one who panicked!

I have no idea what you're talking about. *whistles innocently*

Yes... Panicked.... I... Panicked. There is no other explanation for my actions, why else would I possibly fire upon Quintin 'Nemeslut' Stone?

Everybody loves me. IMAGE(http://rps.net/QS/Images/Smilies/angel.gif)

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Everybody loves me. IMAGE(http://rps.net/QS/Images/Smilies/angel.gif)

IMAGE(http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/8122012005932fbcbbb.jpeg)

The mission is done, and the AAR is in the works. I need to edit the video and upload it. Screen capturing gave my mouse some slight lag so there was one funny moment with an errant grenade. Thankfully no one was hurt or killed.

IMAGE(http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/brizahd/th_xcomaar.png)

Looks like Cartoonin continues to be a stud.

Here is the helmet cam. I've got some honey do stuff to do so I'll write the AAR later today.

How the hell those poor men survived is beyond me... I mean, at one point you just LEFT HIM out in the open! :p

I dare say, Sq. Brizahd, you should be reprimanded for the numerous decisions you made that put our men directly into mortal danger. You so crazy, Sir.

cyrax wrote:

Looks like Cartoonin continues to be a stud.

I don't care what context this is in. *YOINK*

cyrax wrote:

I dare say, Sq. Brizahd, you should be reprimanded for the numerous decisions you made that put our men directly into mortal danger. You so crazy, Sir.

.... and this is from the guy that almost got himself killed by standing next to a burning car!

Also, Brizahd, don't forget to send the files back to me. Thanks!