Random thing you love right now that doesn't deserve its own thread

Listening to Daft Punk 2007 Live while writing background for a boardgame.

Strangeblades wrote:

Listening to Daft Punk 2007 Live while writing background for a boardgame.

Dude, stop. You are on such a roll today. Alive 2007 is one of my top 5 albums of all time.

Thanksgiving - love my family, and food, and oh god, tryptophan..

Also, getting my dad to play Cards Against Humanity with the younger set of the family

Tanglebones wrote:

Thanksgiving - love my family, and food, and oh god, tryptophan..

Same here. We stated the day out with a new tradition, a 5K walk at Forest Park. Went my wife, daughter, a friend and our pup Crowley.

After an awesome dinner, we are just about to start a tradition we began a few years ago. We watch the entire extended edition of Lord of the Rings. Tonight is Fellowship of the Ring, and we will watch the next two tomorrow and Saturday night.

Hope everyone had, and are having a great Thanksgiving.

Good dinner. Is a 20 pound turkey for 2 people a lot? We put a hell of a dent in this bum wine size Pinot Grigio.

Half-way through an episode of Star Trek I pass out on the floor, my fiancee on the couch. We regain consciousness an hour and a half later.

Considering we had a 12.5 lb turkey for 2 adults and 2 kids, and still have a ton left over, yes, I would say that's a lot.

Tanglebones wrote:

Also, getting my dad to play Cards Against Humanity with the younger set of the family

We got my wife's aunt to play with us, and she asked me what smegma is. I declined to answer. It was still a blast

Rallick wrote:

Considering we had a 12.5 lb turkey for 2 adults and 2 kids, and still have a ton left over, yes, I would say that's a lot.

Related note, would anyone be interested in assisting me with consuming enough fluid ounces of turkey soup to fill an oil tanker?

Got an email from element14 that the new model of Raspberry Pi's were in-stock again in Singapore. 10 minutes later, one Raspberry Pi & case order completed. I love the Internet

Strangeblades wrote:

Scheduling a job interview for tomorrow. IMAGE(http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/Strangeblades/Emoticons/smiley_emoticons_nicken.gif)

Good luck Strangeblades !!

SallyNasty wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

Listening to Daft Punk 2007 Live while writing background for a boardgame.

Dude, stop. You are on such a roll today. Alive 2007 is one of my top 5 albums of all time.

That's kind of a loathe for me. 7 years since the last proper studio album came out. Come the hell on guys.

davet010 wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

Scheduling a job interview for tomorrow. IMAGE(http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/Strangeblades/Emoticons/smiley_emoticons_nicken.gif)

Good luck Strangeblades !!

Thanks.

kuddles wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

Listening to Daft Punk 2007 Live while writing background for a boardgame.

Dude, stop. You are on such a roll today. Alive 2007 is one of my top 5 albums of all time.

That's kind of a loathe for me. 7 years since the last proper studio album came out. Come the hell on guys.

Yes. Yes.

Getting three games for a Goodjer and a non-Goodjer or what we call 'normals'. No, no no no. Don't shun the normals. They deserve our love and protection.

Writing about cults.

Getting the crazy-good Vita deal on Amazon before it sells out for my sister

Tanglebones wrote:

Getting the crazy-good Vita deal on Amazon before it sells out for my sister

After thinking we were not going to replace our Vita, my wife got a hankering for it again. This deal was no-brainier. Turns out, they turned it on a little early, it took my order at about 11:45 PST.

Glad I didn't rob your sister of a Vita.

Random name generator.

Taking the first steps in ditching Bell Sympatico and moving to TekSavvy. Router purchased (thanks to Parallax Abstraction for the heads up) and modem will be purchased soon.

Oh god. Goodjer bot on the #GWJ Quake IRC channel. I love that thing. I'll always have someone to talk to. *sniff* And get close with.

Persona 4: Golden--
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/IkIbC.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/2rJ6k.jpg)

Thanks to Twitter and Tanglebones, I managed to score one of my girlfriend's Christmas presents for 50% off! Twitter found me the deal and since the vendor won't ship to Canada, Tanglebones graciously offered to have me order it, send it to him and then he'll send it up here for me. Still saving a fortune over paying full price for the item in Canada. He's one awesome (and sexy) man he is!

Also, once again my amazing co-workers here at BluMetric Environmental. My boss and I are swamped and frustrated right now because of our transition to BluMetric (which just became a thing this week) and a lot of our users were not using the proper channels to contact IT when they had issues, instead IMing or calling us, interrupting our work or trying to reach us when we weren't at our desks and wondering why they couldn't get help. It was no one's fault, people just developed some bad habits and it was stressing us. I sent out a very polite e-mail reminder yesterday saying basically that and if people could stick to our help desk e-mail that would be great. Anywhere else I worked, that would have been met with immediate snark and resentment from the users who thought we were being dicks. Here? I got 5 e-mails by the end of the day from people being super apologetic for inconveniencing us and that they didn't mean to and they appreciate our work so much etc. etc. It wasn't even a big deal but people actually felt bad. It's so nice to work at a place where the staff truly appreciate IT and treat you like an ally, not an enemy. This is how IT should be everywhere.

Caustic for Android.

It's like an $8 Android mashup of the Rebirth sounds and Reason workflow. It's still an Android app that weighs 12 megabytes or so, but it's good when I'm stuck at a cafe between responsibilities and need to get music out of my head fast.

I also like clean basketballs.

Little Inferno on Steam.

I am burning everything in sight for pleasure and profit.

Spoiler:

But mostly pleasure. The marshmallows, the coffee cup, and the toast freak out in the most hilarious fashion when you set them on fire.

Best Steam gift ever.

Watching my nephews play Castle Crashers for the first time. Animals violently crapping themselves is apparently the pinnacle of comedy for 9, 3 and 12 year old boys.

I love cheap Blu-Rays.

I'm not sure if it's just the location or that I live in an area with a lot of older people, but the electionics section of the local Walmarts and Targets is always loaded with stuff. And always I find clearance games that should have been sold out long before.

And now the last couple years I have went to the Walmart a day or two after BF and they still have gobs of cheap blu-rays out.

Picked up The Matrix, X-Men, and X-Men 2 for $4, to replace my old DVDs of all 3. And picked up X-Men:First Class for $8.

There were a lot more in there, Harry Potter and some other good stuff. Waiting until there's a full set for those though.

Anyway, it's just nice to walk in, pick up cheap stuff, and be the only person in the checkout line at 1am. BF deals without all the hassle.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

I sent out a very polite e-mail reminder yesterday saying basically that and if people could stick to our help desk e-mail that would be great. Anywhere else I worked, that would have been met with immediate snark and resentment from the users who thought we were being dicks. Here? I got 5 e-mails by the end of the day from people being super apologetic for inconveniencing us and that they didn't mean to and they appreciate our work so much etc. etc. It wasn't even a big deal but people actually felt bad. It's so nice to work at a place where the staff truly appreciate IT and treat you like an ally, not an enemy. This is how IT should be everywhere.

Oh God...let me touch your arm, you have found like the freaking Holy Grail of IT support.
I was roasted the weekend I was due to go back for Military Reserves Training by a user who accused my team of "losing half of her department files" from one of the file servers. Not knowing what files are supposed to be there or not she gets the IT department manager to agree to "just restore from backup everything". Turns out that means getting the offsite storage vendor to pack up and deliver the LTO tapes back to the office on a weekend. After waiting for the tapes and about 3/4 through the restore process, she calls back saying that she found a "recent backup" of all the files on her laptop and that she will be doing us a favor by helping us copy it back. I tell her that there is no need for that since the full backups + incrementals should have it covered.
Later, I get a hunch and check the audit logs, and yep, that user moved instead of copied the files for the weekend.

She has been called random at times, and I do love her. I could make a thread, but it would get me in a lot of trouble, and I don't deserve that, so the thread would be undeserving too... Meets all criteria!

It's my anniversary today.

Posted this on the book of faces too.

22 years together,
12 of those in marriage,
4 with kids.
8,035 sunrises,
833,068,800 heart beats too (give or take).

Thanks for being the best thing in my life,
And thank you for being you, and choosing to share that with me.

I love you random wife thing...

Congrats Monkey!

Congrats, Monkey - I hope you have many, many happy years ahead!