RavenCon - March 1st & 2nd, 2013 – Now with 100% More Hoop & Stick!
Nearly five months ago, I posted a crazy idea here on GWJ. I was going to buy a castle, and in that castle I would hold a Child’s Play Fundraiser such as had never been seen before! *maniacal laugh*
Ahem. Sorry about that.
As I was saying, it’s been nearly half a year since I conceived of Hoop & Stick. Today, I am thrilled to announce that with MonoCheli’s help, that concept has become a reality.
On March 1st and 2nd, Ravenwood Castle will be holding the first annual RavenCon. This weekend long convention will include board games, role playing games, medieval dinners, and a general overall good time. RavenCon will also feature game demonstrations by Colby Dauch of Plaid Hat Games, publisher of Summoner Wars, Dungeon Run and Mice & Mystics, and a recent guest on GWJ’s own Conference Call.
But at the center of RavenCon, cleverly hidden amongst the fun and frivolity, lies Hoop & Stick – a devious fundraising beast waiting to snatch the hard earned dollars from your pocket, and send them to sick kids. In hospitals. Who need toys.
Here’s how it works:
- You rent a room at Ravenwood Castle at regular prices for the nights of March 1st and 2nd.
- You buy a ticket for RavenCon, which costs $75 and gets you:
- Saturday Night’s Medieval Style Dinner
- Access to all gaming sessions
- A commemorative Ravenwood Castle dice set
- You enter raffles, silent auctions and tournaments to your heart’s content.
- You have a blast!
While you’re busy doing all that, we will be:
- Donating 50% of all room rentals for the weekend to Child’s Play.
- Donating $50 of each ticket to Child’s Play (the rest covers your giant turkey leg).
- Donating 100% of any raffle, silent auction and tournament proceeds to Child’s Play.
What’s that? You can’t make it to RavenCon, but you really want to help the sick kids? Well aren’t you sweet! Don’t worry, we’ve got a solution worked out just for you! For the entire month leading up to RavenCon, we will be running an online donation drive on the Ravenwood Castle website and Facebook page. The donation drive will use Child Play’s own ChipIn! link, so you can be sure your donation will go directly to Child’s Play, and won’t ‘accidentally’ wind up in MonoCheli’s board game account…
Your donation will also be tracked as part of the Hoop & Stick fundraiser, so it will count towards our goal. What goal? Why, our $5,000 goal! That’s right, we’re aiming to raise at least $5,000 for Child’s Play. That may be a lofty goal for our first time out of the gate, but with your help, we can do it! (Honestly, I think we can make $10,000.)