NFL 2012 Week 4 Thread

ukickmydog wrote:
Miashara wrote:

Edit: I'm excited because we're 2-2. These are the 'Skins under D Snyder. A non-losing season is a rare treat.

Skins started out 3-1 last year... that didn't end so well :)

Yeah, but it was great for four games!

This is DC. You take what you can get, and you like it.

Fang said it. Going into a game with a reasonable hope, not born of whiskey and desperation, that you'll actually win is a rare and wonderful thing.

Gruden went from slightly entertaining to straight up annoying

That happened a long time ago for me.

I'm not sure Gruden got more annoying as much as we have to hear him more now that Jaws has been kicked off the reservation. OK, that's not true, Gruden did get more annoying, but it's so much more noticeable ever since they got rid of the actual real football guy on the broadcast.

Yes, he has always been annoying. It is weird, imagine him as your coach, but he was successful.

LeapingGnome wrote:

Yes, he has always been annoying. It is weird, imagine him as your coach, but he was successful.

Good playcaller, terrible personnel guy. He and Bruce Allen's draft record was just abysmal; my personal favorite is 2007, where the team's first three picks were Gaines Adams (dead), Arron Sears (jail, apparent mental illness), and Sabby Piscitelli (indescribably bad). Anyways, Gruden was good on game day, a really inventive offensive mind, but he was so acerbic and critical that he drove players away, plus his ability to judge the talents of QBs was practically Childress-esque; after getting rid of an aging Brad Johnson, there was an endless wheel of forgettable players (Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Shaun King, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown). There was lots of talk that Tampa had difficulty attracting free agents because Gruden was just such an ass.

I'd love to have the guy as my offensive coordinator, as long as their was a head coach around to tell him to shut the holy hell up every once and a while.

Jay Cutler acts like such a little bitch.

Welcome to the NFL, Claiborne.

Gumbie wrote:

Jay Cutler acts like such a little bitch.

I love him, he's the Jeff George of the 2000s.

*Legion* wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Jay Cutler acts like such a little bitch.

I love him, he's the Jeff George of the 2000s.

Will you be his Whitlock?

garion333 wrote:
*Legion* wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Jay Cutler acts like such a little bitch.

I love him, he's the Jeff George of the 2000s.

Will you be his Whitlock?

Ha, no. I'm already committed to Whitlocking for Kaepernick.

Oh No Romo!

Wow 5 interceptions for Romo.

Somewhere dammitsammit has a gun in his mouth.

Less Cowboy fans in the world is good for everyone.

Gumbie wrote:

Somewhere dammitsammit has a gun in his mouth.

Stele wrote:

Less Cowboy fans in the world is good for everyone. ;)

Messed up. Also, LOL.

AW sh*t SON, NECKBEARD IS HERE.

Bill Callaghan...

Gumbie wrote:

Somewhere dammitsammit has a gun in his mouth.

What Romo really needed was Roy Williams, because this is the year he really would have turned it on.

LeapingGnome wrote:

Wow 5 interceptions for Romo.

Stele wrote:

Less Cowboy fans in the world is good for everyone. ;)


MilkmanDanimal wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Somewhere dammitsammit has a gun in his mouth.

What Romo really needed was Roy Williams, because this is the year he really would have turned it on.

Woo! What a game by the Bears.

Brandon Marshall looked great last night. Looked like a top 5 receiver.
Winning 1 on 1 battles, making plays on the ball, catching with his hands and getting yards after the catch

Time for Chicago to climb up in the power rankings.

No Week 5 thread? Or am I blind?

Legion, he is very lazy.

IMAGE(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4936210378_a5dcf61aeb.jpg)

Yeah since there's a Thu game every week this year, thread needs to be up Wed at the latest.

Stele wrote:

Yeah since there's a Thu game every week this year, thread needs to be up Wed at the latest. ;)

Yep as I missed last weeks picks because I couldn't check after Wed.

There hasn't been a Thur night game in the picks yet though

TheGameguru wrote:

There hasn't been a Thur night game in the picks yet though

Right. But the thread is about the whole week, not just about picks. Really it should be up on Tues, as soon as the previous week is done. But it could wait until Wed if it has to for some reason. It just should be up 24 hours before the first game of the week, so that we can start talking about the week.