Pillars of Eternity Catch-All

48 hours left! Remarkably, the $3.5 million stretch goal is looking achievable. Between the Kickstarter and Paypal pledges, Project Eternity is only $330,000 away from the last stretch goal. It would require the kickstarter to make $165,000 during each of the next two days; and the average over the last four days has been $127,500. It would not take much of a boost to make it. I'm excited, a second major city would be a great addition to a game that looks great to begin with.

Might I recommend that if you are interested in the game and have pledged, taking a look at the add-ons? Obsidian has been continually updating the list of what you can receive for boosting your pledge, so there might be something new there that looks appealing.

They've added some new things to the tiers, all backers will now receive 10 Tim Cain recipes (he wrote the recipes in the Fallout and Arcanum manuals). Obsidian has also decided to create a documentary, using their own money so they won't be dipping into what they receive from this kickstarter, which will be included in tiers of $35 and above.

So is this game going to have dragons in it or what?

Dungeons, but no dragons.

They are pretty open about taking questions, you could ask them directly about dragons.

If you include Paypal, the kickstarter now stands at $3,395,114. With 26 hours left, things are looking really good.

Also, at 5 PM PT tonight, Obsidian will be streaming a D&D session here on UStream with the developers.

Signed up for the $50 spot + $25 for the t-shirt.

fangblackbone wrote:

Signed up for the $50 spot + $25 for the t-shirt.

I'm pretty sure you can only add on physical objects to the $65 tier and higher.

http://project-eternity.tumblr.com/p...

It is a little more complicated than that, they only allow physical add-ons for physical reward tiers ($65, $100, $140, $250, and everything over $250), presumably for shipping reasons.

The D&D stream has started, I'm not sure who exactly is participating but Chris Avellone and J.E. Sawyer are definitely in. Avellone was the lead designer of Planescape: Torment and Sawyer was behind Icewind Dale II & Fallout: New Vegas. Some heavy RPG credentials at that table.

Edit: Project Eternity has now overtaken Double Fine Adventure, which makes it the most pledged for kickstarter for a game.

Tannhauser wrote:

Project Eternity has now overtaken Double Fine Adventure, which makes it the most pledged for kickstarter for a game.

Considering how much money it raised in its first 24 hours, I fully expected this to break DFA's kickstarter total. Early in this thread, I think I even predicted that it would pass $4 million. I'm kind of surprised that it's not higher than it is at the moment, in the final 24 hours.

Including the more than $100,000 pledged through Paypal, Project Eternity just broke $3.5 million! It looks certain that the kickstarter will hit the $3.5 million on its own before the end. It looks like there will be a comfortable buffer for failed payments and the like.

Cheering and celebratory drinking on the stream (also weresharks).

Tempted to up my backing amount to get the collector's book and soundtrack...

Over 3.5 million on the kickstarter alone now as well.

Breaking DFA's record has turned into a significant news story of itself, and I think it is only escalating PE's success. Obsidian has a livestream in their office for the last few hours here.

They are now offering a $4 million stretch goal, and the scary thing is they might make it. Including Paypal, they are only $200,000 away right now. During the last hour they received $42,000 in pledges, and there are 4 hours left in the Kickstarter. A moderate boost in their final hours will be enough to push them over.

As for that $4 million stretch goal? Enhancing the whole game.

Obsidian wrote:

After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

There was also this very neat picture of the development process for that environmental screenshot they released.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/a7p7T.jpg)

Fine, I guess I'll join this whole Kickstarter fad...

I'm not a backer as I felt this would be a resounding success without my participation, but I must say I'm completely blown away at how well they ran this thing and how much they've raked in. A true testament to the power of the fundraising platform, gamers as a market, and customer-driven product development.

Can't wait to pick the game up in 2014!

So it seems that, if they do have $200k in paypal, they're ~$55k short of the $4M mark. That is insanely awesome.

Awesome, commentary is my favorite extra a developer can do for their game.

AnimeJ wrote:

So it seems that, if they do have $200k in paypal, they're ~$55k short of the $4M mark. That is insanely awesome.

Just saw an employee hold up a piece of paper saying "Paypal $137.5K", which is impressive, but significantly less than the $200K from whatever source you got that number.

MeatMan wrote:

Just saw an employee hold up a piece of paper saying "Paypal $137.5K", which is impressive, but significantly less than the $200K from whatever source you got that number.

I think he misread a clumsily constructed sentence of mine. This is pretty exciting, I've been watching the stream as much as I'm able. Almost exactly a two hours left, and there is about $10,000 left until $4 million. They will certainly get above $3,900,000 on Kickstarter alone, and could possibly break $4 million there.

Now they're singing Journey. MUTE!

Nevermind. I can't read.

MeatMan wrote:

Now they're singing Journey. MUTE!

Looks like it prompted Feargus to chase everyone working on the South Park game to get back to work. Now the stream is pretty awkward.

They've made 4 million, but they haven't realized it yet on the stream.

Tannhauser wrote:
MeatMan wrote:

Now they're singing Journey. MUTE!

Looks like it prompted Feargus to chase everyone working on the South Park game to get back to work. Now the stream is pretty awkward.

Yeah, lame stream is lame.

MeatMan wrote:
AnimeJ wrote:

So it seems that, if they do have $200k in paypal, they're ~$55k short of the $4M mark. That is insanely awesome.

Just saw an employee hold up a piece of paper saying "Paypal $137.5K", which is impressive, but significantly less than the $200K from whatever source you got that number.

"If they do" was the operating term there, it had been mentioned by Tannhauser previously.

That said, they're over 4 million between the two of them now.

Also, tannhausered for calculating.

Tuned back in to catch the last 15 minutes. The stream was definitely not lame at that point. Plenty of fun shenanigans.

Looks like the KS total ended up at $3,986,423 (not including Paypal of course).

At least another $140,099 on Paypal, though that hasn't been updated in a while so I'm sure there is more there.

Also Chris Avellone got really drunk. At the start, J.E. Sawyer though they had a 50/50 chance at making their initial $1.1 million goal, so it's pretty understandable.

Well its funded and I'm out a lot of cash. I really hope its an awesome game.

Tannhauser wrote:

Also Chris Avellone got really drunk. :)

Indeed. Seconds before they turned off the camera, Chris said words to the effect of "Drinks are on me. It's time to go drinking and get f*cking hammered."

They took my money and I'm glad they did so well. Developer commentary is a pleasant surprise. It's something I very much enjoy when games include.

MeatMan wrote:
Tannhauser wrote:

Also Chris Avellone got really drunk. :)

Indeed. Seconds before they turned off the camera, Chris said words to the effect of "Drinks are on me. It's time to go drinking and get f*cking hammered."

:drink:

I liked when they opened up bad Polish vodka and started saying what a good vodka it is.
Also, when they tried to pronounce the name.

UCRC wrote:
MeatMan wrote:
Tannhauser wrote:

Also Chris Avellone got really drunk. :)

Indeed. Seconds before they turned off the camera, Chris said words to the effect of "Drinks are on me. It's time to go drinking and get f*cking hammered."

:drink:

I liked when they opened up bad Polish vodka and started saying what a good vodka it is.
Also, when they tried to pronounce the name.

Well, for them it's just European vodka