Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts of Wing Commander and Privateer fame

I get a lot of holiday cards in the mail. This one made my mouth start to water. I think I have a Pavlovian response to space ships...especially when I can land them on a planet!

IMAGE(http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/happyholidays1.jpg)

mateofalcone wrote:

I get a lot of holiday cards in the mail. This one made my mouth start to water. I think I have a Pavlovian response to space ships...especially when I can land them on a planet!

IMAGE(http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/happyholidays1.jpg)

Yeah, that was really nice. They also sent out the first newsletter to subscribers, and it's REALLY cool.

Grubber788 wrote:

Then again, there were people who complained that you couldn't do private DayZ servers from the start (you can now), so there's no pleasing everyone.

I think that DayZ really needed private servers due to the massive amount of hacking going on so that people could "police their own" sort of like what we do on the Minecraft server.

Popping this up again.
Did anyone else buy in as a founder? I got an email yesterday about the new site and the need to migrate your account over.

Here's my new profile
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I'm hoping to upgrade my donation for a higher tier but not sure how to go about it. I have a post on the forum looking for answers.

I was about to call you a filthy skimmer but it appears we were talking about the game in the space games thread. I'm finding their model to be interesting, but I'm not giving them a single penny until there's some sort of game to play.

The advertising is cool though.

Hehe, There was mention in the Space thread that there was no Star Citizen thread. I just wanted to pop it back to the surface.

I'm in with both feet on this one. Chris Roberts can't go wrong. He just can't.

Here's me: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

Still looking forward to this one a lot!

groan wrote:

I'm in with both feet on this one. Chris Roberts can't go wrong. He just can't.

Quoting for eternity. Not that I hope you're wrong or anything.

I bought in for the lowest tier that gets you a craft, because I don't know how much I'll end up liking it. If that means I have to be a bit more careful and not do suicide runs, so be it.

On the main RSI site, once logged in, if you go to the Store button at the top, I think it holds pretty much everything to do with giving them more money, from buying new ships, to increasing level (I think).

EDIT: Maybe time for a thread title change?

EDIT2: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

Holy crap this new system is a pain in the ass. Three different IDs, none of them can match, two of them can't be changed and none of them can contain spaces? That's ridiculous. Also, my gnarly LastPass generated password didn't meet minimum requirements until I upped it to 16 characters?! WTF?!

I want to upgrade to the $10000 tier but my wife won't let me for some reason.

I'm in at the Bounty Hunter level. maybe I'll stick to that and see how it goes. I think we get 2 ships. maximum.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Holy crap this new system is a pain in the ass. Three different IDs, none of them can match, two of them can't be changed and none of them can contain spaces? That's ridiculous. Also, my gnarly LastPass generated password didn't meet minimum requirements until I upped it to 16 characters?! WTF?!

ya a few id's. Groan, groaner and poyzon. all common names for me so I didn't have that difficulty. my password was OK so that didn't have to change.

groan wrote:
Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Holy crap this new system is a pain in the ass. Three different IDs, none of them can match, two of them can't be changed and none of them can contain spaces? That's ridiculous. Also, my gnarly LastPass generated password didn't meet minimum requirements until I upped it to 16 characters?! WTF?!

ya a few id's. Groan, groaner and poyzon. all common names for me so I didn't have that difficulty. my password was OK so that didn't have to change.

Looks like the two 'public' ids can't match your login id, but they can be the same as each other. I'm just plain billybob for handle and the other one and tacked the 476 on there for the login.

It is pretty irritating though.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I bought in at the Scout LTI level during the initial kickstarter, and I don't plan on spending more until the game is ready. That said, the 300i video tested my resolve.

groan wrote:

Popping this up again.
Did anyone else buy in as a founder? I got an email yesterday about the new site and the need to migrate your account over.

Here's my new profile
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I'm hoping to upgrade my donation for a higher tier but not sure how to go about it. I have a post on the forum looking for answers.

Thanks for mentioning this! For some reason the RSI e-mails always go into my junk mail folder, no matter what I do to them, lol.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Holy crap this new system is a pain in the ass. Three different IDs, none of them can match, two of them can't be changed and none of them can contain spaces? That's ridiculous.

And are any of them the callsign that will actually appear in game? They posted something a while ago about their ID policy, but I can't find it on their new site.

mateofalcone wrote:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I bought in at the Scout LTI level during the initial kickstarter, and I don't plan on spending more until the game is ready. That said, the 300i video tested my resolve.

I'm looking forward to seeing my 300i.

OK, I keep trying to talk myself into this game. I was looking at the $65 pack that includes early access + the i300 (Digital Bounty Hunter LTI). How long are these prices and benefits going to be around? I understand at some point the insurance deal will go away, right?

groan wrote:

Popping this up again.
Did anyone else buy in as a founder? I got an email yesterday about the new site and the need to migrate your account over.

Here's my new profile
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I'm hoping to upgrade my donation for a higher tier but not sure how to go about it. I have a post on the forum looking for answers.

Yep I bought in during the Kickstarter. Got myself a Freelancer. Pretty high tier I know but I figure I should give back for all the wonderful hours and memories that Wing Commander 1-3 + Privateer 1-2 + Starlancer gave me that I blatantly pirated in my youth.

Haven't checked out the new website yet, but they do give out constant updates on art, design, gameplay and even lore concepts on a regular basis. So I'm pretty sure we will get some sort of game eventually. Will it match up to the expectations they have churned up from their pricing model? That remains to be seen.

EDIT: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

MannishBoy wrote:

OK, I keep trying to talk myself into this game. I was looking at the $65 pack that includes early access + the i300 (Digital Bounty Hunter LTI). How long are these prices and benefits going to be around? I understand at some point the insurance deal will go away, right?

The deadline to get lifetime insurance is midnight PST Saturday.

I love this page
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

and this line

I would like to clarify one further thing about the commercial: the video you saw wasn’t just made in-engine, it used actual game models. You’re looking at the 300i mesh you will see in Star Citizen and not some high-poly fake created for cutscenes and good PR. What you’re seeing is what you’ll play.

That ship looks glorious.

That is in reference to this

I'll be interested to see if the specs they stated in the original video are maintained.

groan wrote:

That ship looks glorious.

I have to say, the 300 series looks mighty prutty...
I'm attempted to pick up the fighter variant model because I'm planning to outfit my Freelancer for Long range Exploration and trading. But nahh, going to wait till they do the full brochure treatment for the Freelancer and see if I want to upgrade my stock model to one of it's variants.

I know the 300i isn't going to be big enough to do a lot of trading or mining, unless my cargo is small and valuable, like a CHILD!
Eventually I'll be able to get myself into a larger cargo ship and hire mercenaries! (I have no clue if that will even be an option though there will likely be some Organizations out there that will offer escort services)

Here my profile for now. I'll fill it out more later.

I finally weakened and pulled the trigger, picking up the Origin 325a Fighter. Don't tell the Mrs!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

I'm tempted to pick up the Centurion subscription as well, but I've managed to talk myself out of it for the moment.

Veloxi wrote:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

Bitches. ;)

Citizen record #139?? Holy Maverick!

I assumed that the 300i video was pre-rendered. If that's actual gameplay, that is pretty incredible. My thought now is what type of rig will I need to get to those settings at 1080p??

As much as I've talked about being unsure about this game... I am on board with it being Chris Roberts, I do have confidence it will be amazing... Hmm....

Falchion wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...

Bitches. ;)

Citizen record #139?? Holy Maverick!

You know it babe. I get in quick. Why do you think my user number here is only #15?