Time for another community lets play! So me and Prozac came up with the idea of doing a Luddite campaign. Here are the restrictions:
- Superhuman difficulty, prepare your anus.
- No alien tech can be used at all or even researched, except for the bare minimum required to get to Cydonia.
- Highly restricted Earth tech. Soldiers must earn authorization to use prototype equipment. Otherwise no laser weapons smaller than a tank cannon can be used, and only personal armour can be used by everyone.
- Soldiers will be psi-screened if we can get the technology, but this is just so we can laugh at people with low scores.
I will be using a slightly XcomUtil modded version of the game, but because of how we will play only two of the changes have any real effect:
- Tank's are slightly up-armoured to match hovertanks in terms of toughness which means they die in two hits instead of one. Maybe.
- The damage of HE Packs is boosted so they can be used to punch through UFO walls and make our own doors.
Every Goodjer who volunteers will have a soldier named after them. When you die you will be cloned at the nearest opportunity. Deployment will be handled by rotation. Your career and kill-death ratio will be tracked but will reset with every death, kills count for points which can be spent on equipment. For every 5 kills soldiers will be authorized to carry special gear starting with laser pistols and ending with power armour.
If you want in send me a PM or let me know here. You may pick one class role as described below:
Redshirt: Carries pistols and grenades. Responsible for using HE packs and stunning live aliens. Low life expectancy, so kills count double for the purpose of unlocking equipment.
Commissar: Carries a pistol and is allowed to use it on any Redshirts who panic or anyone else who turns traitor. There can be only one per squad.
Assault: Carries rapid fire rifles, grenades and medpacks.
Heavy: Uses the heavy weapons like heavy cannons, autocannons and rocket launchers.
Tank Crew: Tanks are used for fire support and scouting duties. Higher life expectancy.