Guild Wars 2 Catch All

Looks like I am going to skip the new living world stuff, PvP and WvW for me. The Necro Changes are intresting following on the heels of the large change last patch. Greater LF regenration from spectral traits and Axe, but moving greater marks to the middle tier of traits . . . man. It is feelin like a nerf overall though I know it is not.

Big thanks to everyone who came out for guild events tonight, Guild Rush always a blast.

Elycion wrote:

The new content is live, and it's a lot less impressive than the Zephyr Bazaar. It's mostly about repeating the same things over and over again to earn tokens.

It was apparently too much to hope for that they'd come up with more new and interesting competitive content like the Sanctum Sprint. The two new PvP activities are just lousy IMO, they make the Dragon Ball look fun by comparison.

I am holding to the hope that this is still part of the old development rotation with two teams doing the content every month instead of four having two months each.

It seems like most of the "pros" who where grinding Sanctum Sprint for the chest and loot bags have moved on to grinding the campaign content, so any of you who still need the Sanctum Sprint or Speedy Sprint acheivements, now would be a good time.

Actually enjoyed the survival game when I played it the other night. Havent tried the other game yet.

Got my first level 80, a Sylvari warrior. I leveled from 73 - 80 crafting up to 375 armor crafting. Now on to wvw, armor craft to 400 and working on my mesmer and thief alts.

It's really a nice change that you can level doing crafting or WvW instead of grinding. Changes it up quite a bit.

whispa wrote:

Got my first level 80, a Sylvari warrior. I leveled from 73 - 80 crafting up to 375 armor crafting. Now on to wvw, armor craft to 400 and working on my mesmer and thief alts.

It's really a nice change that you can level doing crafting or WvW instead of grinding. Changes it up quite a bit.

Congrats! Getting a character to max level is a nice accomplishment.

PWAlessi wrote:
whispa wrote:

Got my first level 80, a Sylvari warrior. I leveled from 73 - 80 crafting up to 375 armor crafting. Now on to wvw, armor craft to 400 and working on my mesmer and thief alts.

It's really a nice change that you can level doing crafting or WvW instead of grinding. Changes it up quite a bit.

Congrats! Getting a character to max level is a nice accomplishment.

Indeed, and once you have a bit of coin crafting is a very viable way to get the last 10-20 levels for an alt. Levelling cooking and jewellery from 0-400 will net you 20 levels at the cost of 4-6 gold depending how much stuff you have piled up. Depending on what you wanna do with your alt it might be worth it.... I know it was for me for alts 3 to 7.

The Queen's Jubilee is next week's patch/event.

August 6, 2013

A celebration of ten years of Queen Jennah’s rule is about to kick off in Divinity’s Reach! The queen has commissioned a new gladiatorial arena for the occasion—the Crown Pavilion—as a shining symbol of her people’s endurance.

Take a hot air balloon ride with dignitaries from across Tyria to the capital of the Krytan nation, and be there for the opening ceremony. Join in the festivities and compete in ceremonial combat in Her Majesty’s honor!

1 year birthday coming up too. One of the devs has hinted at a big open world dynamic event either for that patch or coming soon.

Can you mix and match different qualities of rune and get a lowest common denominator set effect?

So much goodness in next week's patch.

I want a mini Watchknight.

Scratched wrote:

Can you mix and match different qualities of rune and get a lowest common denominator set effect?

If by "mix and match different qualities" you mean a Major Rune on one item and a Minor Rune of the same kind on another item, yes you can do that. However, I don't believe the Major Rune will count towards increasing the benefits than if you had 2 minor runes. In other words, I don't think the Major becomes a "minor" for effects, then reverts to a Major when you add 2nd Major rune on another item.

I just always used the same qualities, so I never really tried this, but the tooltips would seem to suggest the answer to your question is probably "no".

I was thinking of a major and superior run of the same set. I was thinking not as well.

Ugh going on vacation from the 3rd to 11th, hopefully I won't miss it all!

Scratched wrote:

Can you mix and match different qualities of rune and get a lowest common denominator set effect?

Mixing and matching works as you suspect. Major runes work with other major runes, and sup runes with other sup runes. Mixing and matching like that bis one one the only ways to min/max certain stats like Boon duration.

For max boon duration from runes you use
2x Superior rune of water (15% on the second rune)
2X Superior rune of the monk (15% on the second rune)
2x Major rune of the monk (10% on the second rune)

Also.. I think I cried a few tears of joy when they mentioned a token wallet for the next update.

the main thing i noticed from the wallet announcement that seems to be slipping under the radar is Karma now being an account pool.. everything else was already shared, the wallet simply making the access easier

GrandmaFunk wrote:

the main thing i noticed from the wallet announcement that seems to be slipping under the radar is Karma now being an account pool.. everything else was already shared, the wallet simply making the access easier

Yes account wide karma.... ANet taking baby steps reducing character and gear lock in.

Eleima wrote:

Karma is going to be account wide?? No there's good news I can get behind!!

Karma, dungeon tokens, and WvW badges are going to work like laurels and gold now (soon).

Karma is going to be account wide?? Now there's good news I can get behind!!

That's really, really good news. I still haven't gotten extra bank space, and all that stuff is just clutter at this point.

Tyops wrote:
GrandmaFunk wrote:

the main thing i noticed from the wallet announcement that seems to be slipping under the radar is Karma now being an account pool.. everything else was already shared, the wallet simply making the access easier

Yes account wide karma.... ANet taking baby steps reducing character and gear lock in.

/me drinks all the karma jugs

edit: In fact, such items might as well disappear now.

Eleima wrote:

Karma is going to be account wide?? Now there's good news I can get behind!!

I have too much of the stuff. It is practically useless.

I'm thinking something similar with the various boosts. I've got about 7 karma boosts saved "for when I'll really need them" - I just used one to boost all my karma jugs and then the rest are going back in the bank again. I'll never really know when the next time "Oh, for the next hour I'm going to do lots of karma rich activities" is.

What they really need is to make awards "your next X karma awarded are +50%" and apply them instantly across all characters, or just make it a flat "here's a bunch of karma instantly" bonus.

I'll agree they need to give you more to spend it on, or possibly exchange it into another non-tradeable currency. When labyrinthine cliffs opened up I grabbed a load of cooking reagents that are harder to find.

Tenebrous wrote:
Eleima wrote:

Karma is going to be account wide?? Now there's good news I can get behind!!

I have too much of the stuff. It is practically useless.

You can always sink it into Orrian Jewelry boxes for cash/lodestones or sunbead weapons to offset flushing cost.

And new things to spend karma on will surely come along.

I'm hoping the champ bags end up dropping a good amount of tier 6 items.

I just did a quick count and if it includes the badges of honor, this will clear up an entire bank tab for me =)

next stop: consumables.

they need a better system to hold and manage them. and they need to stack in length (or be queue-able)

GrandmaFunk wrote:

I just did a quick count and if it includes the badges of honor, this will clear up an entire bank tab for me =)

next stop: consumables.

they need a better system to hold and manage them. and they need to stack in length (or be queue-able)

I think it'll approach 1 and a half for me.

Good LEGENDARY weapon guide?

karmajay wrote:

Good LEGENDARY weapon guide?

The wiki is fine by now.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

Start with the components that are common to all legendaries (gift of fortune, gift of mastery). Keep in mind that there will eventually be new legendaries and even legendary armor at some point. New legendary weapons should have similar crafting, but for the legendary armor I have no idea. In addition the scavenger hunt for your precursor is somewhere in the pipeline so you dont especially need to pull the trigger on that yet.

-World map clear first if you havent done that yet.
-Then do the clovers because you generate T6 mats and lodestones from failed clover attempts.
You should have gift of battle already covered with badges from achievement chests.
-Dont spend money on icy runestones and gift recipes before you have to, those are fixed prices and their value only goes lower as coin becomes easier to acquire. Focus your buying on things that are likely to cost more later (if you can anticipate).
-Southsun is still a pretty good place to farm T6 mats even without that +MF boost.
-If you have no other plans for your karma after making your clovers and getting your obby shards, dump it into Orrian boxes for coin/mats/lodestones.
-If you have no use for your laurels you could use them for the t6 material bags (I avoided that, laurels are time-gated so they are a very hard to replenish currency).

If you want to go deeper and look at the RoI for upgrading to T6 mats with the mystic forge you can look at Egg Baron's spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-wCpIszrT9dFB3YjVUVFhfenlDUUpXTVBIdm5qWmc#gid=12

There may be other guides out there but this was more or less sufficient for me.

If you have a mind for the trading post, making money off the market is far better than grinding events/CoF. You can even do both.