Persona 4 Golden Catch-All

NormanTheIntern wrote:
I'm not saying I just watched the opening song like four times in a row.

Okay yes I'm saying exactly that.

I've been doing that for a week. Atlus uploaded it to YouTube quite a long time ago.

You're welcome.

My eight year old saw it and went happy. I don't know what else to call it. He went completely slack except for this glow in his eyes and the gentlest smile I've seen since he was a baby.

I'm not about to let him see the rest of the game though.

MrAndrewJ wrote:

You're welcome.

My eight year old saw it and went happy.

That made me chuckle.

I'm about 30 minutes into it. It's good so far. I'm not exactly digging the English dubs but I suppose they'll do.

What difficulty did everyone go with? I went with hard because P3P was easy on normal. I would like to have a good reason to do most side missions this time around.

I went with Easy because I want to finish my pile of SMT games. Some day. Ever.

That was really the only reason though.

I went normal because I've played it before and want to experience the story equally.

I find Yosuke to be much more likable than Junpei.

I picked this up even though I just splurged on an impulse buy of RO, so I'm feeling a little guilty. I now have 5 Vita games and 2 classic games and I've only finished MGS2. :/

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
I find Yosuke to be much more likable than Junpei.

Definitely. The game has better characters overall. Not everyone is a home run though. Teddie is.

I went with Normal because I played P3P on easy and thought it was too easy at parts. I wanted more challenge. I just hope I'm not getting in over my head.

I love when a game tells you to sit back and have fun.

Did anyone else put on the skin?

EverythingsTentative wrote:
Did anyone else put on the skin?

I tried but I couldn't get it on right, it finally got to the point were I'd scraped so much of the adhesive off that I had to give up. :/

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
I find Yosuke to be much more likable than Junpei.
I liked Junpei a lot better as Persona 3 went on. As a character, anyway.
EverythingsTentative wrote:
Did anyone else put on the skin?
The Gamestop I pre-ordered from either didn't have them or couldn't find it. The guy tried. I may have updates soon though.

I thought it looked cheesy in the pictures but I put it on anyway. It's actually really subtle. The yellow isn't bright as the pictures made it look. It's all translucent. I do wish it didn't have the copy right stuff on the bottom though.

If you trying to put it on, don't go from side to side. Go from top to bottom or vice versa. It's really hard to line things up when going side to side. It will look right on the starting side but is WAY off on the other. Bottom to top, it was simple as making the edge flush and laying it down.

EverythingsTentative wrote:
I thought it looked cheesy in the pictures but I put it on anyway. It's actually really subtle. The yellow isn't bright as the pictures made it look. It's all translucent. I do wish it didn't have the copy right stuff on the bottom though.

If you trying to put it on, don't go from side to side. Go from top to bottom or vice versa. It's really hard to line things up when going side to side. It will look right on the starting side but is WAY off on the other. Bottom to top, it was simple as making the edge flush and laying it down.


Oh, good tip, thanks! Man it sucks not having this, this week. I think playing All-Stars on my Vita at my Grandparents on Thanksgiving is suitably cool enough.

cyrax wrote:
EverythingsTentative wrote:
I thought it looked cheesy in the pictures but I put it on anyway. It's actually really subtle. The yellow isn't bright as the pictures made it look. It's all translucent. I do wish it didn't have the copy right stuff on the bottom though.

If you trying to put it on, don't go from side to side. Go from top to bottom or vice versa. It's really hard to line things up when going side to side. It will look right on the starting side but is WAY off on the other. Bottom to top, it was simple as making the edge flush and laying it down.


Oh, good tip, thanks! Man it sucks not having this, this week. I think playing All-Stars on my Vita at my Grandparents on Thanksgiving is suitably cool enough.

I'm excited to be the black sheep again at this years family gathering. I like sitting in the corner entertaining myself while knowing I am somehow bothering the rest of the family. I should probably stop.

I'll be taking tomorrow off to play board games with, and hang out with my family! Wife's going away for the weekend, though, so Friday-Sunday will be binge gaming time.

I bought this based on the trailer and hype with no previous experience of the PersonA line of games - wow, I'm only a few hours in but damn this game is cool

Zenistar wrote:
I bought this based on the trailer and hype with no previous experience of the PersonA line of games - wow, I'm only a few hours in but damn this game is cool :)

IMAGE(http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ryanbruc/ChosenWisely.jpg)

garion333 wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:
I find Yosuke to be much more likable than Junpei.

Definitely. The game has better characters overall. Not everyone is a home run though. Teddie is.

I'm going to ingore the implied slight to Chie.

This time.

NormanTheIntern wrote:
garion333 wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:
I find Yosuke to be much more likable than Junpei.

Definitely. The game has better characters overall. Not everyone is a home run though. Teddie is.

I'm going to ingore the implied slight to Chie.

This time.

Really digging P4 so far. Such great style, and the writing, music, etc. are all wonderful. A great week to be thankful for this game!

Some of the voice acting seems like it doesn't fit the mood if a given scene, even when it still fuss the character.

Having never played an earlier version of this, I kind of like how Chie sounds.

MrAndrewJ wrote:
Some of the voice acting seems like it doesn't fit the mood if a given scene, even when it still fuss the character.

Having never played an earlier version of this, I kind of like how Chie sounds.

Yeah, that's what happens with English dubs. They never feel natural. I haven't turned them off yet and will probably just put up with it.

At any rate, I've put a bit over 3 hours into it on hard.

Spoiler:
Seems like hard will be a good level. It's a little tricky at first with 2 party members. Managed to defeat Other Chie without too much trouble, although I did go through my whole stock of stuff. I could have done things a bit differently at first and saved myself some things. I think hard is going to be a great difficulty setting.

I can already tell that the story is going to be pretty good.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
MrAndrewJ wrote:
Some of the voice acting seems like it doesn't fit the mood if a given scene, even when it still fuss the character.

Having never played an earlier version of this, I kind of like how Chie sounds.

Yeah, that's what happens with English dubs. They never feel natural. I haven't turned them off yet and will probably just put up with it.

Is there an option to do that?

garion333 wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:
MrAndrewJ wrote:
Some of the voice acting seems like it doesn't fit the mood if a given scene, even when it still fuss the character.

Having never played an earlier version of this, I kind of like how Chie sounds.

Yeah, that's what happens with English dubs. They never feel natural. I haven't turned them off yet and will probably just put up with it.

Is there an option to do that?

Yep! Settings Config -> Voiced Dialogue> There are actually quite a few interesting options in the Config section.

Ooooooh, you just want want one get rid of the dialogue, I thought you may have wanted the Japanese track.

So this game is gorgeous. It's a visual and audio treat unlike anything I've played on a handheld. One question, though. Is the way you move around the world the same as the original Persona 4? I like it, I'm not complaining. Just curious if they made compromises like in P3P or if this is the full game as originally designed.

Quit saying awesome things about this game. I'm trying to get myself to finish FF IX first. Though since I'm barely into it, my resolve is weak.

obirano wrote:
Quit saying awesome things about this game. I'm trying to get myself to finish FF IX first. Though since I'm barely into it, my resolve is weak.

It obviously is, you're in the Persona 4 Golden thread, after all.

cyrax wrote:
obirano wrote:
Quit saying awesome things about this game. I'm trying to get myself to finish FF IX first. Though since I'm barely into it, my resolve is weak.

It obviously is, you're in the Persona 4 Golden thread, after all.

Maybe he's waiting to be de-enabled. For someone to post and say it's terrible.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
At any rate, I've put a bit over 3 hours into it on hard.
I just got past the same part.
Spoiler:
The part where we can stop saying "I put hours into" the game and we can start saying "I'm playing the game." Then again, the games just work the right way like this.

obirano wrote:
Quit saying awesome things about this game. I'm trying to get myself to finish FF IX first. Though since I'm barely into it, my resolve is weak.
We can't. So far, it's an awesome game.