Firefall Catch-All

Dimmerswitch wrote:

Can't wait to give this a try - really impressed by everything I've seen so far.

Yeah, I have to say that it does look pretty interesting. I'm not usually a huge multiplayer guy, but it does look like soloing is at least partially viable.

I love the cel-shading art style, putting this and Borderlands 2 high on my list of games to get this year.

Can't wait for this one, I need a fresh game in which to shoot goodjers in the face, I'm way burned out in TF2 and L4D

Tyrian wrote:
Dimmerswitch wrote:

Can't wait to give this a try - really impressed by everything I've seen so far.

Yeah, I have to say that it does look pretty interesting. I'm not usually a huge multiplayer guy, but it does look like soloing is at least partially viable.

I love the cel-shading art style, putting this and Borderlands 2 high on my list of games to get this year.

So there's an issue with everyone here wanting in. I looked and there's more than 70 people that have posted in the thread and only 3 of us have access, unless someone went at PAX and hasn't checked in. It's gonna be a while before we get everybody in. I'm up for suggestions on how to select to give my invites to next. Then again, I still would like to get my local friends in, too. I only bring it up because I wish more goodjers were already in.

Also, soloing so far is mostly viable, but it's difficult at first when you try out thumpers by yourself. You can do it, but it requires a bit of work.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

So there's an issue with everyone here wanting in. I looked and there's more than 70 people that have posted in the thread and only 3 of us have access, unless someone went at PAX and hasn't checked in. It's gonna be a while before we get everybody in. I'm up for suggestions on how to select to give my invites to next. Then again, I still would like to get my local friends in, too.

You're the best judge of the distribution method that makes you most comfortable, but if you're looking for suggestions...

How about a lottery? Everyone's names go in the list, winning numbers decided by random.org. In terms of balancing the two communities you want to support, have winners agree to give their first invite to a member of the opposite community from that list. (Adjust upwards from one, depending on how many invites new folks are given to share).

Rainbow Blast and Shooting Butt.

I definitely don't need an invite, much as I want to try the game.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

I definitely don't need an invite, much as I want to try the game.

This for me as well. I'm perfectly happy for other people (who likely are more interested in multiplayer than I am) to get any potential "friend of" invites.

Don't worry about me!

So there's an issue with everyone here wanting in. I looked and there's more than 70 people that have posted in the thread and only 3 of us have access, unless someone went at PAX and hasn't checked in. It's gonna be a while before we get everybody in. I'm up for suggestions on how to select to give my invites to next. Then again, I still would like to get my local friends in, too. I only bring it up because I wish more goodjers were already in.

Get your friends in first or do whatever your gut tells you. There is plenty of time before release and ample opportunity to get gwjers in. Its a beta, not life and death. If you get 3 invites and want to toss one to a gwjer thats fine. If not, its not like you are going to lose your gwjer card.

I want beta access, but I can wait and I tend to be pretty lucky with these things so put me at the bottom of the list with fed and tyrian.

Agreed. Plus we're on the internet! We can't punch you in the face! (Easily)

Michael Zenke wrote:

Agreed. Plus we're on the internet! We can't punch you in the face! (Easily)

Spotify link with a Nickelback song...boom

This looks like another reason to build a PC that can play a game from this century.

Consider me in the same boat as well. Game looks fantastic, but my pile needs to be lightened up before I can think of partaking.

Just fired up the game for a bit tonight. Unless I'm in a group, Medic and Dreadnaught are a no go in the open world. Assault or Engineer are the way to go for me. I still have yet to ever try Recon. You'd think the dreadnaught would be ok by himself at dishing out damage when doing things in the open world, and vs 1 other enemy, he is. But in groups, which happens a lot, he's crappy since he has no area of effect attack. This game just begs for you to play with at least 1 other person.

I tried this out a bit tonight. It's definitely rough around the edges, but it was a lot of fun. Only done assault so far, but it seems like a pretty well-rounded class. I like how it's a shooter at the core, but it has a lot of MMO and RPG elements integrated into it to keep it interesting. I'm not sure if there are guilds or different servers or whatnot, but I'm playing as Kozz.

Koz wrote:

I tried this out a bit tonight. It's definitely rough around the edges, but it was a lot of fun. Only done assault so far, but it seems like a pretty well-rounded class. I like how it's a shooter at the core, but it has a lot of MMO and RPG elements integrated into it to keep it interesting. I'm not sure if there are guilds or different servers or whatnot, but I'm playing as Kozz.

Cool, another goodjer in. How'd you get your invite? The army (guild) system isn't working yet. Servers are not defined like most other games, but you can join a squad (small, up to 5 man group) and jump to the leader's instance by typing /joinleader

mrtomaytohead wrote:
Koz wrote:

I tried this out a bit tonight. It's definitely rough around the edges, but it was a lot of fun. Only done assault so far, but it seems like a pretty well-rounded class. I like how it's a shooter at the core, but it has a lot of MMO and RPG elements integrated into it to keep it interesting. I'm not sure if there are guilds or different servers or whatnot, but I'm playing as Kozz.

Cool, another goodjer in. How'd you get your invite?

I signed up at PAX.

Koz wrote:

I signed up at PAX.

Oh, ok. I figured since nobody said they were gonna check out that nobody had. Then again, I saw Elysium tweet about how that and Torchlight 2 were his 2 favorite things at PAX.

Well, if you see me on Steam / Vent, try I'm always up for a round or something. I've actually taken to launching via Steam now.

I signed up at Pax also. I like what I've played of the game, but agree it's still rough around the edges. I like playing Medic and randomly helping people doing thumper drops.
I will start checking Vent and Steam for people playing, when I am in the mood to jump in.

Yeah, it's definitely very much still in true beta. They're adding content and balancing a lot still. Patches are weekly things.

I had a terribly laggy time on Sunday when I jumped in to show a friend for the first time. Like worse than I've ever seen for this game. Yet somehow when I jumped into the PvP, the lag disappeared.

Major patch just hit. Friends lists are now in game among a ton of other things. I'm still reading the patch notes, but who's up for meeting up in game tonight (that's in the beta)?

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Major patch just hit. Friends lists are now in game among a ton of other things. I'm still reading the patch notes, but who's up for meeting up in game tonight (that's in the beta)?

I might be available.

oohhhhh everyone that's in the beta should have 2 invites to give out now. Go check it out.

I'd love an invite from someone with spares, please

I uh, might accept one if they are plentiful now.

But I still can't play a ton until my son sleeps through the night, so...use your own judgment.

The beginning of the GWJ takeover! At the risk of this devolving into a "Me too!" begging thread, if someone has a spare I certainly wouldn't say no.

If someone has one lying around, I'd take an invite as well.

Thanks!

+1 if there's more available...

thanks!

Did you get an email, mrtomaytohead? Where did you find your extra codes?

I've been keeping my eye on this game for what, several years?, man it's been forever. Can't wait to try it and play it when it's open beta.

Does anyone know if open beta accomplishments carry over when game goes gold?

Oh hey. I did make an account at Firefall forums. Cool.