Awesomenauts Catch-All of Awesomeness! Now on Steam!

Sad that I missed out tonight. I hope it was a good one!

gravity wrote:

Sad that I missed out tonight. I hope it was a good one!

I was all alone with bots, against 3 goodjers, and won...

They even thought I was a bot :S

Manach wrote:
gravity wrote:

Sad that I missed out tonight. I hope it was a good one!

I was all alone with bots, against 3 goodjers, and won...

They even thought I was a bot :S

Were you clunk? He was OP in that match.

AWESOMENAUTS ON STEAM SALE!! 66% off ($3.39) plus DLC discounted!! GOGOGOG!

The first few rounds of Awesomenauts I actually won a bit. Now I cant even get a kill. This is always the case with these Dota-type game though Any tips?

alexjg42 wrote:

The first few rounds of Awesomenauts I actually won a bit. Now I cant even get a kill. This is always the case with these Dota-type game though Any tips?

How many games do you have under your belt and what rank/league are you in? When you start playing more games, things will stabilize and you'll be placed in the same skill level you should be. I kept running into people that bought the game yesterday, should be at a lower league, but were placed in my matches because they managed to win a handful of their first games. However, I think my 11:1 win in one match pushed them down to their correct league :p

Tips:

- Don't die. If you die more than twice you're going to have a bad game. Realistically, that's probably not going to happen but it's a good rule of thumb. You want to avoid it as much as possible because you give solar to the opposing team. However when you die, it's usually because...

- You're getting greedy by chasing other nauts around. Concentrate on drone killing first and try and stick with the group when trying to attack nauts

- Until you get the hang of the game, go for solar tree in most of your builds

- Don't try and be a hero by taking a turret down in one go. Chip at it over time. More than likely if you're hacking away at a turret and haven't been disturbed for more than 10 seconds chances are they're about to mount an attack on you

- Froggy G is probably the most user-friendly naut. If you fancy, start watching gameplay videos of classes on youtube that suit your playstyle.

Here's a youtube bootcamp for beginners:

=======================
I'd also like to add (I've posted this on the steam group) there are two tournaments for Awesomenauts
On the official forums if you guys wanna check it out. Is there any interest in a GWJ presence?

TourneyNauts - http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/vi...
APL Tournament - http://apl.iougaming.com/threads/fir...

Also, you other Goodjers need to friend me up. Kyo and I usually play every night between 10pm-Midnight PST

Checkm-8 you are brilliant.
Thanks for that beginners video. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. At the moment I'm in the lowest rank/league.

I'd love to be part of a tournament but I first have to get some skills and also I'm in South Africa so the games may be laggy for me if I join a USA game(not to mention the time zone factor). But I'm quite interested. If you ever feel like having a match with me I'm on steam kodama42

Also, are you playing with a controller or with mouse/keyboard? I'm playing with controller.

alexjg42 wrote:

Checkm-8 you are brilliant.
Thanks for that beginners video. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. At the moment I'm in the lowest rank/league.

I'd love to be part of a tournament but I first have to get some skills and also I'm in South Africa so the games may be laggy for me if I join a USA game(not to mention the time zone factor). But I'm quite interested. If you ever feel like having a match with me I'm on steam kodama42

Also, are you playing with a controller or with mouse/keyboard? I'm playing with controller.

Just added you on Steam, we can play a few practice rounds to see how stable our games will be. League 9 isn't so bad, I wish I was in there right now, most of the time I"m set up against preset teams.

As for a controller or mouse/keyboard, I went with a controller (Xbox 360 USB). It's funny when people freak out when I tell them after using Raelynn the entire match. You should try both to see what suits your playstyle. I've been a console gamer for most of my life so the controller is second nature.

As for the tournament (and this applies to every Goodjer), don't be intimidated by it. As of right now 8-9 people have only signed up and even Team AWFUL (top ranked team in the game) are trying to encourage people to join. They just want to see an active community

Thanks for those rounds checkm-8. I already feel like I am slowly getting better.

Just picked this game up on the Steam Sale, looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Docjoe wrote:

Just picked this game up on the Steam Sale, looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Join us. I'm still quite noob so I'm good to practise with.

This thread has delivered. I received a handful of awesomenaut friend requests today. I'll be up for some gaming later tonight (PST). Afterwards, I probably won't have access to this game until after New Years.

Setup a time for 10 EST. Peace for all...but them.

Wow, I just won 2 matches. It's starting to grow on me more.

Three things:

1. Awesomenauts is on sale for $3.39 go, go, go and tell others!

2. I would like to participate in the tournaments I mentioned earlier. Represent GWJ who is with me?

3. I would like to hold a tournament of our own, the restriction is that no advanced perks are allowed to give new players a chance. (AKA no perks from beyond the first 3-4 wiil be used on each row. Perhaps piggy bank and health pills are exceptions since they are easy to obtain early levels). I am considering throwing in a game/stream gift card of my choosing to get this going.

checkm-8 wrote:

3. I would like to hold a tournament of our own, the restriction is that no advanced perks are allowed to give new players a chance. (AKA no perks from beyond the first 3-4 wiil be used on each row. Perhaps piggy bank and health pills are exceptions since they are easy to obtain early levels). I am considering throwing in a game/stream gift card of my choosing to get this going.

Count me in if this gets going.

Looking forward to giving this a run shortly, tagging to track and all that

Got Awesomenauts just now and am installing it. Looking for people to play with

Haven't played it yet, but willing to join the tournament. (if and when I am not working. Work odd hours)

I gave in and bought the DLC costume packs and the album.
Looking forward to sink in many more hours. Also Checkm-8 you know you can count me in =)
Edit: The soundtrack is worth it.I already put "Juno's travel to planet DX7" as my ringtone and I'm planning on listening to the soundtrack when returning to work next week.

I'll look at those tourney threads today. I'd at least be up for GWJ one, got no others going on at the moment.

Very cool everyone, keep spreading the word. I will work out our tentative tournament once I get back home later tonight/tomorrow. I will also post the same details on the GWJ stream group.

I am thinking the tourney will be over the course of a few days to a week. This will allow goodjers with conflicting real life schedules and time zones to join.

If there is interest ,I have some nerd stuff I can use as prizes. Some San Diego Comic-Con toys for example and various elephant gifts. We'll see, a simple stream gift card is easier on the logistics side.

checkm-8 wrote:

=======================
I'd also like to add (I've posted this on the steam group) there are two tournaments for Awesomenauts
On the official forums if you guys wanna check it out. Is there any interest in a GWJ presence?

TourneyNauts - http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/vi...
APL Tournament - http://apl.iougaming.com/threads/fir...

Sign-ups are until the 4th. I'll join you. Who's our third?

I'm game for a GWJ tourney, but not the general one.

cyrax wrote:
checkm-8 wrote:

=======================
I'd also like to add (I've posted this on the steam group) there are two tournaments for Awesomenauts
On the official forums if you guys wanna check it out. Is there any interest in a GWJ presence?

TourneyNauts - http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/vi...
APL Tournament - http://apl.iougaming.com/threads/fir...

Sign-ups are until the 4th. I'll join you. Who's our third?

I will do my best to con...err convince! either hannibal or kyoshero to join us. I should be able to get a response by tonight. Which one did you want to participate in?

EDIT: I just found out steam gift cards don't go lower than $20, which would be $$$ for me since I need to purchase three of them (one for each member of the winning team). I hope you don't mind if I just scour steam sales for something /crosses fingers.

Didn't know they were different, they had the same rules.

cyrax wrote:

Didn't know they were different, they had the same rules.

Yeah, they're two different ones apparently

TourneyNauts - http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/vi... <-- this will be postponed to make sure it doesn't conflict with APL Tournament

APL Tournament - http://apl.iougaming.com/threads/fir...

Update: Kyoshero is in. I'll reach out to put our names down cyrax

APL Tournament Info:

-Sign ups will go till the Jan 4th
-Tournament starts Jan 12th @ 1pm EST (use a timezone converter if needed)
- Single elimination style, matches will still be Bo3 and the finals will be Bo5.
-If your team wants to enter just let me know via Steam or APL website.
-This tournament wont have a prize pool, we want to see how smoothly it runs. We will give out medals for your profile on the APL to the top 3 teams so you can show it off If this tournament goes well with no one trying to cheat, etc then next tournament and future ones will have prize pools BUT you will earn "seeding" points for the next tournament so you may wanna play.

Rules:
1. All matches will be a Bo3 (Best of 3) The finals will be a Bo5.
2. Maps are random.
3. If a player gets disconnected during the match they MUST join with the same naut/build as when they got d/c.
4. Matches must start 3v3 with no bots. If you are unable to have all 3 of your members in the match at the appointed time, then your team will forfeit the match.
5. Higher seed team hosts map 1+3, Lower seed team hosts map 2
6. Matches must start no more then 10 minutes after the set start time. If a team does not show up in the first 10 minutes, it will result in a forfeit.
7. Teams are allowed a 5 minute break between maps. If a team shows up after the 5 minute break it will result in that team forfeiting that map.

I thought it was a GWJ tournament These look really cool and well organized. But so far I just played the tutorial.
And I don't want to hold you guys back.
I work tomorrow till 6pm. If you are stuck and need a body...I am willing to give it my best

Well, navigating to get our team into the tournament was a little challenge...but...we're in!

I also found out, anyone from GWJ that wants to be apart of our team can join! Although we can only have three players participate in the match, if we ever need to sub or if any of us can't make future tourneys and you guys want to try out...you're more than happy!

Just let me know and I'll put your name down

I believe the prize for this APL is a higher rank, a duck, and swords and soldiers

UPDATE: We're on their twitter feed, yay!

https://twitter.com/AwesomenautsPL

Nice work checkm-8

I just got the game yesterday so everybody feel free to friend me up for group play.