Let me throw some random draft thoughts out there:
* I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on Dontari Poe. The league has seen too many physically dominant "Tarzan" interior D-linemen wash out from "playing like Jane". These are the guys who'll give you an awesome year and then disappoint you forever. Sean Gilbert? Dan Wilkinson?
* I think I like Stephon Gilmore nearly as much as Morris Claiborne, much like I felt Prince Amukamara was just as worthy as Patrick Peterson a season ago. I like fast, natural cover corners with fluid hips. I certainly wouldn't turn down either of the LSU guys, but Gilmore (as did Amukamara) fits my "mold" of cornerback.
* Justin Blackmon doesn't belong in the top 10. He's not a dominating presence. At the same time, I would have a hard time naming 10 guys that deserve to go in the top 10 this year. The top end gets real lean, real fast. The bottom half of the top 10 is kind of a sh*tty place to draft right now.
* Let's talk about Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden this way: if they were in last year's draft, I wouldn't select either of them before the 2nd and 3rd round QBs in that draft: Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett. In fact, there's a good chance a team on draft day trades for Ryan Mallett instead of chasing one of these guys. New England only needs to keep one out of Mallett and Brian Hoyer.
* I don't see what makes Kendall Wright not belong in the pack of receivers destined for round 2. He looks to me like a guy where the spread offense got all the separation for him. I worry taking him early would be spending a 1st round pick on the kind of slot receiver that is plentiful later in drafts.
* In the latter half of the top 10, I would absolutely be willing to spend a pick on David DeCastro.
* If there's someone in this year's group that's going to emerge and be a legitimate pass rushing DE, I don't know who it is. Nor would I be interested in spending my 1st round pick to try and find out.
* I saw one draft site compare Fletcher Cox to Kevin Williams and that's a great comparison.