Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Just wanted everyone to know that my youngest kiddo is in high school now, and I found her listening to the TF2 soundtrack today

In case you wanted to feel old

...cause I do

I put my oldest son to bed when he was five years old while I played TF2 on a laptop. He's 16 now.

Brainz and Homer, I have 2 in college and my youngest is also in HS. I don't believe any of them listen to the soundtrack but I have caught the two older watching you tube TF2 videos (but they have also played). I don't feel old because I still play occasionally. TF2 is my sorcerer's stone.

My kids watch tf2 videos all the time. Not gameplay but the tf2 characters made with garrys mod or source video. They know them well.

I'm a grandpa now so I don't need ya'll to make me feel old.

But you are not helping at all. Check yer six, time is coming up behind you always.

I have an 8 month old baby. I'm not old, you guys are.

Spoiler:

I'm old. Having kids in your 30s is tiring. Only going to get worse. I'll probably get "is that your dad or granddad?" when she's in high school.

Aw man. I used to play with my son in a baby bjorn. He's 13.

Lets all get in a server and complain about our knees.

Stele wrote:

I have an 8 month old baby. I'm not old, you guys are.

Spoiler:

I'm old. Having kids in your 30s is tiring. Only going to get worse. I'll probably get "is that your dad or granddad?" when she's in high school.

Having kids in your 40s is even more so. I’m going to be close to retirement when my baby is going to want to go off to college.

Strewth wrote:
Stele wrote:

I have an 8 month old baby. I'm not old, you guys are.

Spoiler:

I'm old. Having kids in your 30s is tiring. Only going to get worse. I'll probably get "is that your dad or granddad?" when she's in high school.

Having kids in your 40s is even more so. I’m going to be close to retirement when my baby is going to want to go off to college.

I have a 6 year old. I'm 49. I'm not tboon old but close.

FlamingPeasant wrote:

Aw man. I used to play with my son in a baby bjorn. He's 13.

Lets all get in a server and complain about our knees.

Sounds like a good idea.

Last time I played with y'all, I had just met my wife... Now our child is 9 and my grey hair outnumbers my others. I miss having good knees.

Old Man Pi wrote:

Last time I played with y'all, I had just met my wife... Now our child is 9 and my grey hair outnumbers my others. I miss having good knees.

So your name is getting more accurate?

Stele wrote:
Old Man Pi wrote:

Last time I played with y'all, I had just met my wife... Now our child is 9 and my grey hair outnumbers my others. I miss having good knees.

So your name is getting more accurate?

I've always been a grumpy old man at heart.

Any of the old TF2 crowd play fantasy football? Tboon plays... would love to trash talk some of you again, haha.
https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/...

Barring that, I think it's nearly time for our annual TF2 reunion night...

ukickmydog wrote:

Any of the old TF2 crowd play fantasy football? Tboon plays... would love to trash talk some of you again, haha.
https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/...

Barring that, I think it's nearly time for our annual TF2 reunion night...

I don't do Fantasy Football, but pick a night and I'll hop on TF2 again.

+1 to a TF2 night like its 2012 all over again.

I'd be up for a reunion night as well.

Thumbs up guy registers his approval of this idea

How about one week from today. Monday, August 19th at 8:00 PM CST? That gives everyone time to reinstall if they've removed it.

Ahhh good 'ol TF2 Monday nights. See y'all on the internet!

Edit: What is the preferred method for voice comms nowadays?

I loved TF2, my most hours on steam by far. Makes me sad that they haven't done any big events/updates in quite a while that I'm aware of. I heard they broke the economy and maybe now I can get an unusual item. 10 years playing and I never found one. I would be up for playing as well.

I hope my son isn't bothering anyone in the group with trade requests. He is still using my account on steam and hooked onTF2. I'm sure he has sent some of you trade request.

T-Prime wrote:

Ahhh good 'ol TF2 Monday nights. See y'all on the internet!

Edit: What is the preferred method for voice comms nowadays?

Probably the discord.

Somebody more clever then I could make a meme themed channel there.

Nekroman wrote:

I hope my son isn't bothering anyone in the group with trade requests. He is still using my account on steam and hooked onTF2. I'm sure he has sent some of you trade request.

Ah, so that's who it is. I just assumed you had really gotten back into TF2.

Tell your son to maybe offer something in the trade, not everyone is a nice old grandpa who has no use for his TF2 crap anymore or any other Steam crap.

Nekroman wrote:

I hope my son isn't bothering anyone in the group with trade requests. He is still using my account on steam and hooked onTF2. I'm sure he has sent some of you trade request.

Ha! I wandered why I had a bunch of trade requests! I thought you were a bot now or something.

I'm really sorry guys, he's 12 and I have no idea what trades he has sent. Hope you guys aren't annoyed.

This Monday should be do-able for me. I'll ping some folks who don't come visit here any more to see if they're available.

Bah, I’m on vacation but I’m also out of town. Hope you guys have a blast.

Cry some more!

See you Monday!

Whoever has the ability to create a tf2 channel in the GWJ discord, please do so and then post an invite link incase people aren't in the GWJ group yet. I assume we are using discord?

1 hour remaining.

There's now a TF2 voice channel on the GWJ discord: https://discord.gg/TwQSjYV