Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Yeah last stage of TM should be its own map really, and join the previous 2 stages into 1 map or something, cut a few sides. As it is, the map is huuuuge and long (much like me) so we usually only play 1 side.

I like process because there's few 5cp maps and it's a decent one, although it is pretty ugly and uninspired.

Everything but 2fort sucks.

My biggest issue with thundermountain is how long it is. It will pretty much suck up the entire game night if we try to play it.

ukickmydog wrote:

Process is too narrow and creates way too many stalemates.

I like the narrow corridors, it's more or less balanced with the fact that there are so many paths. And with a 5-point push/pull map, you're going to have stalemates, true with granary, true with well, true with badlands, true with fastlane... all great maps!

ukickmydog wrote:

Both Maps Suck Equally

Process is too narrow and creates way too many stalemates. It is also ugly with no artistic inspiration at all so I can't even stare at pretty water or giant robots

Spoiler:

(wooo meridian!)

to cure my boredom.

Process was balanced around smaller numbers of players. It works pretty well for 6v6, but has too many chokepoints and is a bit too small for a full pub server.

First 2 stages of thunderturd are fine, not good, but not bad. The last stage is terrible in every way, mostly in the fact that it is incredibly too long.

This, a thousand times.

VEKrueger wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:

Process is too narrow and creates way too many stalemates.

I like the narrow corridors, it's more or less balanced with the fact that there are so many paths. And with a 5-point push/pull map, you're going to have stalemates, true with granary, true with well, true with badlands, true with fastlane... all great maps!

They get stalematey (arr) when there isn't much thought going into attack or defense. To get through those bottlenecks successfully you have to coordinate or hope there is a critical mass of hopeless pubbies on the other side. I agree with Krueger, it's the nature of the beast.

FlamingPeasant wrote:

To get through those bottlenecks successfully you have to coordinate

And I loooooove a map like that. Teamwork owns.

FlamingPeasant wrote:
VEKrueger wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:

Process is too narrow and creates way too many stalemates.

I like the narrow corridors, it's more or less balanced with the fact that there are so many paths. And with a 5-point push/pull map, you're going to have stalemates, true with granary, true with well, true with badlands, true with fastlane... all great maps!

They get stalematey (arr) when there isn't much thought going into attack or defense. To get through those bottlenecks successfully you have to coordinate or hope there is a critical mass of hopeless pubbies on the other side. I agree with Krueger, it's the nature of the beast.

Teamwork on TF2? That's preposterous

Update

Valve wrote:

- Added Chemistry Sets as a bonus drop. Chemistry Sets are recipe items that have varying inputs and varying outputs. You can complete a Chemistry Set by fulfilling all of its inputs, which will then give youthe items it has listed in its outputs.
- The in-game player status panel has been updated to show an animated image of your character with their current loadout
- Can be disabled in Advanced Options
- Added Romevision sharing: anyone playing Mann vs. Machine on the same server with an owner of the Hardy Laurel can now opt-in to Romevision
- Manage your Romevision preference in the Advanced Options dialog
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Jarate and Mad Milk from applying to all targets within range
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Marked For Death icon to stay in the world after the owning player died
- Fixed a bug that would allow Spies to exploit the Kunai's higher overheal limit
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Medigun's "Share Power Ups" upgrade from working correctly in Mann vs. Machine mode
- Fixed a bug that would cause the last few characters of text to be lost when copying text from input fields
- Fixed a client sv_cheats exploit related to the commentary dialog
- Fixed a problem that would cause the shotgun shell model to appear incorrectly third-person when using the Family Business
- Improved bot pathing behavior around ramps
- Bots can now reflect energy-based projectiles
- Fixed incorrect alpha in the backpack images for the Valley Forge and the Founding Father
- The Foppish Physician and the Distinguished Rogue are now paintable and are team-colored by default
- Added server log entries for jarate_attack and milk_attack when using Jarate, Mad Milk, or the Sydney Sleeper
- Fixed using an incorrect path for downloaded custom player sounds
- Fixed duplicate support/mission icons in the Mann vs. Machine HUD
- Don't allow players without admin access on the server to use the various entity-creating commands to create point_servercommand entities
- Updated cp_egypt_final
- Fixed players building inside of Blu's first spawn
- Updated cp_manor_event
- Fixed players building in rafters
- Updated cp_mountainlab
- Fixed clip brush exploit above hallway leading toward final cap
- Fixed exploit where players could be trapped in small space near final cap using teleporters
- Updated plr_hightower
- Added nobuild to cliff bottom to prevent engineers building in the kill volume
- Updated the localization files

Chemistry? Not even sure if I want something like that in game? Just need to kill mannez.

Sparhawk wrote:

Chemistry? Not even sure if I want something like that in game? Just need to kill mannez.

But it might be HATTES!

I just fired up steam and the TF2 page says that I last played on June 26.

Going to cram some food in my face hole, make a cocktail and then work on my respawn skillz, yo!

Update broke my TF2...

Server crashed :(. Wow, lots and lots of pubbies, grr, lol.

Hooray they fixed jarate!

Edit: also, comic

Edit Edit: holy crap, strange hattes

cheeba wrote:

Server crashed :(. Wow, lots and lots of pubbies, grr, lol.

Another update, another broken sourcemod.

Unfortunately there's not a fixed version out yet, I'll get it updated tomorrow when it's released.

Is the Steam cloud broken for anyone else? Can't play on any servers due to errors...

Crate #60 contains Strange Disciplinary Action, Loose Cannon, Fan O'War and a Pomson 6000 Strangifier, and strange part: taunt kills[i]

NOooooooooooo....... taunt kill tracker in salvaged crate......... noooooooooo

Mex wrote:

Is the Steam cloud broken for anyone else? Can't play on any servers due to errors...

People were talking all night about oddities with connections, not being able to make an announcement, not connecting to the item server, etc.

So, a standard TF2 update evening?

A Summer Shades strangifier? What the? Does the strange version count how many times you perform a David Caruso glasses-pull or something?

ukickmydog wrote:

NOooooooooooo....... taunt kill tracker in salvaged crate......... noooooooooo

Admit it, you won't stop until you have the taunt kill tracker on all of the weapons.

Hey usually they save this stuff for Friday nights.

ukickmydog wrote:

Crate #60 contains Strange Disciplinary Action, Loose Cannon, Fan O'War and a Pomson 6000 Strangifier, and strange part: taunt kills[i]

NOooooooooooo....... taunt kill tracker in salvaged crate......... noooooooooo

And my dream of a strange whip

So the Chemistry Sets will apply a strange effect?

FlamingPeasant wrote:

So the Chemistry Sets will apply a strange effect?

You need to collect all of the weapons for the chemistry set (every one requires a strange weapon, some of them pretty hard to obtain) and you get something to make a specific hat strange. Each hat has it's own required ingredients. It smells like a gold sink to me.

iaintgotnopants wrote:

It smells like a gold sink to me.

I'd smell fantastic even if I was gold, thank you very much.

Not sure how I've missed this crate all the time. But only noticed it now..
Thanks Evilseed! (I guess better late than never...)
Traded for a key and got a Strange Splendid Screen out of it. Too bad, no bacon grease!

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920146575183452527/F075FEB07AD3BE50BD005B0844F239A91D1AE9D1/)

iaintgotnopants wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

So the Chemistry Sets will apply a strange effect?

You need to collect all of the weapons for the chemistry set (every one requires a strange weapon, some of them pretty hard to obtain) and you get something to make a specific hat strange. Each hat has it's own required ingredients. It smells like a gold sink to me.

To make a strange all father you need a strange festive grenade launcher. It's trading for 10 - 12 keys. I don't think so valve.

Oh and thanks for the crash to desktop update valve it's awesome!!

ragin_redneck wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

So the Chemistry Sets will apply a strange effect?

You need to collect all of the weapons for the chemistry set (every one requires a strange weapon, some of them pretty hard to obtain) and you get something to make a specific hat strange. Each hat has it's own required ingredients. It smells like a gold sink to me.

To make a strange all father you need a strange festive grenade launcher. It's trading for 10 - 12 keys. I don't think so valve.

Oh and thanks for the crash to desktop update valve it's awesome!!

As brian pointed out to me, the stranges required for the recipes aren't the same every time. I've seen other stranges in that recipe. And the crashing thing I think is if you have a custom hud. YOu have to turn off the 3D hud models, that's what happened to me.

The 3d HUD thing looks awful and grainy for me, I turned it off :7

Good games tonight, I'm becoming convinced that engineer should not be played by anyone that doesn't know what they're doing.