Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Mex wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

These are mannes after my own heart

How can anyone get mad at this silly game

The music in that video is great.

Anyone playing tonight? I'll be on in a few minutes : )

Going to try to fill my server tonight, manne shooting and hatte finding commences shortly

The bewildered scout at the end of the replay is Krueger.

Hahaha, I made my own replay of that too. That was hilarious.

It's time to raaaaaaace

Oh man that was great

A server in my favorites list was on a map called koth_trainsawlaser_b3 this evening. Does this merit further investigation?

Cyranix wrote:

A server in my favorites list was on a map called koth_trainsawlaser_b3 this evening. Does this merit further investigation?

Trainsawlaser is one of my favorite friggin maps. I love that map so much

Cyranix wrote:

A server in my favorites list was on a map called koth_trainsawlaser_b3 this evening. Does this merit further investigation?

I feel like the only way to describe that map is: " Train RAIN!"

Otherwise it's a fun map and the level designer is actually balancing it so that it is fun and not just a headache of death. Would suggest we play it sometime.

Edit: Before I posted this I tried to find a trailer video I'd once seen for the map, couldn't find that but I did find a long, guided history, of the map. As someone who likes creating levels I found it very interesting to listen too and I feel it would be very informative for players just to see the amount of revisions even a joke map goes through.

koth_trainsawlaser_b2 is so page 1650, this is the new hotness. Krueger was way more into it then.

I believe Mex and I shared a moment when we teamed up to poof an offending pyro off a cliff. It was wonderful.

Naturally, I forgot to hit the replay button. But I prefer to live in the moment and look back upon it with nostalgia.

evilseed wrote:

koth_trainsawlaser_b2 is so page 1650, this is the new hotness. Krueger was way more into it then.

Hahaha. Of course I had to go back and check. Sigh

T-Prime wrote:

I believe Mex and I shared a moment when we teamed up to poof an offending pyro off a cliff. It was wonderful.

Naturally, I forgot to hit the replay button. But I prefer to live in the moment and look back upon it with nostalgia.

Not only that, we managed to simul-taunt the falling pyro

process followed by an hour of thundermountain.....I miss playing good maps with you guys.

Process rules

Gumbie wrote:

process followed by an hour of thundermountain.....I miss playing good maps with you guys. :(

Me too!

However, Mannetreading ukick more than made up for it. I just wish I had remembered to save the video so TF2 could not let me edit me it later and I would still be unable to share it.

Ukick: "What just happened?"
Me: "I mannetreaded you! That's the best!"
Ukick: "..."
Me: "!!!"

(may not be an exact transcript)

VEKrueger wrote:

Process rules

IMAGE(http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif)

Gumbie wrote:

process followed by an hour of thundermountain.....I miss playing good maps with you guys. :(

Blame Brian.

I was only on for the hour of Thundermountain last night, but eh, I had fun. Fun is what you make of it in this game, and both sides had solid pushes to cap the map. It at least doesn't have the problem process has of being too large, so that you run for five minutes only to die in five seconds.

tboon wrote:

Ukick: "What just happened?"
Me: "I mannetreaded you! That's the best!"
Ukick: "..."
Me: "!!!"

(may not be an exact transcript)

And now Ukick and TBoon will always be JRPG characters in my mind. Or maybe they always were?

IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img547/848/nk3w.jpg)

ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

process followed by an hour of thundermountain.....I miss playing good maps with you guys. :(

Blame Brian.

Hey, I nominated Doublecross instead of Process the first time around!

EDIT: Besides, I kind of like Thundermountain... it's a good spy map. Better than Hoodoo, anyway

Gumbie wrote:
VEKrueger wrote:

Process rules

IMAGE(http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif)

It's got awesome verticality (especially around the 2nd points) and the non-linear nature gives you tons of options. I don't see what the problem is with it!

VEKrueger wrote:

It's got awesome verticality (especially around the 2nd points) and the non-linear nature gives you tons of options. I don't see what the problem is with it!

I can stomach a little Thunder Mountain every once in a while, but it's a very large and time consuming map, and it's practically indefensible (as suggested by the fact that Team 50-Percent Pubbie succeeded against Team Goodjers when attacking). Blu gets to control a lot of heavily sheltered high ground while Red is stuck defending low open plains for significant portions of the first two stages. On the last stage, Red engis generally have to commit to defending the out-of-the-way first or second points well in advance (which removes them from the action for a long time), but the central tower is usually seen as more advantageous to control, so the engis commit there instead and suffer a rain of demo spam.

VEKrueger wrote:
Gumbie wrote:
VEKrueger wrote:

Process rules

IMAGE(http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif)

It's got awesome verticality (especially around the 2nd points) and the non-linear nature gives you tons of options. I don't see what the problem is with it!

I like Thundermountain except the third stage is just way too long and grindy. If they would shorten the start (going through the building could be removed I think) and the end (make it a ramp straight up the tower instead of winding around it), it would be a much better map in my opinion. The first two stages are good fun.

Mex wrote:
T-Prime wrote:

I believe Mex and I shared a moment when we teamed up to poof an offending pyro off a cliff. It was wonderful.

Naturally, I forgot to hit the replay button. But I prefer to live in the moment and look back upon it with nostalgia.

Not only that, we managed to simul-taunt the falling pyro :cool:

In retrospect we should've high-fived. Next time.

IMAGE(http://f.cl.ly/items/3f3m0j3d2X2b3V2Y3r3V/tumblr_inline_mrs7n43daH1qz4rgp.gif)

Is there any chance I can get an invite to the GWJ TF2 group? I log into the Stan's Lounge server on occasion.

Here's a link to my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MistrPloppy/

tboon wrote:

I like Thundermountain except the third stage is just way too long and grindy. If they would shorten the start (going through the building could be removed I think) and the end (make it a ramp straight up the tower instead of winding around it), it would be a much better map in my opinion. The first two stages are good fun.

Cyranix wrote:

I can stomach a little Thunder Mountain every once in a while, but it's a very large and time consuming map, and it's practically indefensible (as suggested by the fact that Team 50-Percent Pubbie succeeded against Team Goodjers when attacking). Blu gets to control a lot of heavily sheltered high ground while Red is stuck defending low open plains for significant portions of the first two stages. On the last stage, Red engis generally have to commit to defending the out-of-the-way first or second points well in advance (which removes them from the action for a long time), but the central tower is usually seen as more advantageous to control, so the engis commit there instead and suffer a rain of demo spam.

I was talking about Process D:

VEKrueger wrote:

I was talking about Thunder Mountain

FTFY. No one is to speak of the P-word again.

Both Maps Suck Equally

Process is too narrow and creates way too many stalemates. It is also ugly with no artistic inspiration at all so I can't even stare at pretty water or giant robots

Spoiler:

(wooo meridian!)

to cure my boredom.

First 2 stages of thunderturd are fine, not good, but not bad. The last stage is terrible in every way, mostly in the fact that it is incredibly too long.