Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

MyBrainHz wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

If you have a standard HD to go with your SSD, use this awesome tool to move Steam games around. It's super easy, I've been using it for 2 years without any problems.

It's worth noting that once the SteamPipe conversion is complete you won't need that tool for TF2.

Actually the reverse... right now, the tool doesn't work with TF2. But after the conversion I think it will.

Weird. I thought one of the benefits of SteamPipe was that the games could be installed to a different library location natively, which isn't something I've tried since I'm running a single drive.

MyBrainHz wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

If you have a standard HD to go with your SSD, use this awesome tool to move Steam games around. It's super easy, I've been using it for 2 years without any problems.

It's worth noting that once the SteamPipe conversion is complete you won't need that tool for TF2.

Actually the reverse... right now, the tool doesn't work with TF2. But after the conversion I think it will.

Brainz knows his stuff. I use SteamMover, but the idea (and execution) is the same: easily move a few non-TF2 games that you don't play very often onto a secondary HD so Steam doesn't fill up your SSD. The program then creates a type of filesystem link to the new location in the steam folder so that Steam is none the wiser. Then move it back if you start playing it frequently. Under this scenario, it is even more powerful and flexible than Steam's own ability to install games to an alternate location. It allows you can move games back and forth between those two drives in under a minute.

Edit: Steam Mover actually tells you how big each game is, which is cool. I think it's exactly the same as SteamTool otherwise.

tl;dr: If you don't have much space on your SSDs, use one of these applications to move your large but low-priority games over to your D drive for TF2 to do its thing. It's super-simple and easily reversible.

My "workaround" is to have Steam installed on my HD and move games to my SSD as desired.

Itsatrap wrote:

My "workaround" is to have Steam installed on my HD and move games to my SSD as desired.

Psst:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/LcFReNk.png)

MyBrainHz wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

If you have a standard HD to go with your SSD, use this awesome tool to move Steam games around. It's super easy, I've been using it for 2 years without any problems.

It's worth noting that once the SteamPipe conversion is complete you won't need that tool for TF2.

Actually the reverse... right now, the tool doesn't work with TF2. But after the conversion I think it will.

EDIT: Not that I'm ever moving TF2 off my SSD anyway. It loads soooo much faster. I brought it up as a way to move other games around, even if only temporarily.

I agree with everything in this post. Brainz turned me on to the SSD and SteamTool. Both are awesome.

Dethroned with an airborne point blank reflect.

Crossover art with the webcomic Sam & Fuzzy, for those interested: http://samandfuzzy.tumblr.com/post/4...

Good showing of the head & mouse control options built in.

Love the video thumbnail. I can't wait for this!

evilseed wrote:

Good showing of the head & mouse control options built in.

Hehehe, C-cups...

Norfair wrote:
Itsatrap wrote:

My "workaround" is to have Steam installed on my HD and move games to my SSD as desired.

Psst:
(image removed to save space)

Not all games allow for remote installation (last I checked, anyway), so if you keep Steam on the SSD, there are titles that get installed there whether you want them there or not.

Update:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Prevent game servers from opening the MOTD panel more than once if the player connected through matchmaking or quickplay
Added new promo items
Fixed a bug where dispensers sapped by a Red-Tape Recorder would continue to heal players
Fixed buildings destroyed by the Red-Tape Recorder not always displaying a death notice
Fixed a bug in Mann Vs. Machine related to carrying buildings and using the "Upgrade Buildings" canteen
Fixed the guitar sound not always playing when taunting with the Neon Annihilator
Fixed missing cloak effect for the Wanga Prick
Fixed the Bat Outta Hell using the Red team arms skin while on the Blue team
Fixed custom cursors in VR mode
Fixed Hydra input in VR mode
Improved performance of Linux dedicated server binaries

FlamingPeasant wrote:

Dethroned with an airborne point blank reflect.

Awesome! I was going to post this but you got to it first. Was a fun night although I've still to learn when to reflect something. I'm awful at it

Awesome! I was going to post this but you got to it first. Was a fun night although I've still to learn when to reflect something. I'm awful at it :)

Just do it often and you will get a feeling for the timing. Don't bother with the Liberty Launcher, really hard. Although I have seen pyros reflecting those just
as easily... And when they start shooting almost at their own feet, walk away

Last night was fun up until when I got called a "sir" by a 13 year old.

Gumbie wrote:

Last night was fun up until when I got called a "sir" by a 13 year old.

IMAGE(http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9172/gumbietune.jpg)

Gumbie the elder n_n

That was pretty great.

Sir Gumbie. Maybe he thought Gumbie was a Knight.

I thought it was funny as well when that youngster asked if his team could get a medic and lots of people replied and told him, you could go medic.. :)..

If I'm old you guys are dinosaurs. Pretty sure I'm the youngest one here.

Gumbie wrote:

If I'm old you guys are dinosaurs. Pretty sure I'm the youngest one here. :)

Aren't we the same age?

Dude I'm 36 and I'm not even *close* to being the oldest one here

We all playing our age cards now? I'll be hitting 29 myself this month.

Isn't TBoon like 60?

Hint: We played an "under vs. over 30" game a few months back. We had to change the break point to 35 or 40 almost immediately since there were so few whippersnappers.

Archangel wrote:

Hint: We played an "under vs. over 30" game a few months back. We had to change the break point to 35 or 40 almost immediately since there were so few whippersnappers.

Well, who won?

fleabagmatt wrote:

Isn't TBoon like 60?

I always thought he was in his 70s.

ukickmydog wrote:

Aren't we the same age?

If you're 28 then yes, yes we are.

Gumbie wrote:
fleabagmatt wrote:

Isn't TBoon like 60?

I always thought he was in his 70s. :wink:

Playing TF2 with TBoon is like being in an episode of Golden Girls.

fleabagmatt wrote:
Gumbie wrote:
fleabagmatt wrote:

Isn't TBoon like 60?

I always thought he was in his 70s. :wink:

Playing TF2 with TBoon is like being in an episode of Golden Girls.

I remember that episode, everyone got set on fire while some old man laughed maniacally. It was a surprisingly dark turn for the series.