Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

The big drawback to prop hunt at the end of a round (aside from being a control point too frequently) is I can't try for ambush taunt kills.
I did like being a traffic cone and watching 4 guys run past me.

I was the rocket on Doomsday and somehow was not discovered. Good times

I kept throwing stickies at a traffic cone, convinced it was a player hiding, but no... It was only a traffic cone. Hope no one saw that u_u

The_Judge wrote:

The big drawback to prop hunt at the end of a round (aside from being a control point too frequently) is I can't try for ambush taunt kills.
I did like being a traffic cone and watching 4 guys run past me.

I was a wooden cutout of a cow, Ragin' started calling me out because it was funny. I thought we still had all talk on so I told him to zip it. I was concerned until 3-4 players ran past on their way to the spawn door. I live!

I was really surprised to see that I actually did this the other night. I can generally reflect rockets okay, but I've never gotten the knack for reflecting grenades.

IMAGE(http://stanspub.hlstatsx.nfoservers.com/hlstatsimg/games/tf/ribbons/1_deflect_promode.png)

fleabagmatt wrote:

I was really surprised to see that I actually did this the other night. I can generally reflect rockets okay, but I've never gotten the knack for reflecting grenades.

IMAGE(http://stanspub.hlstatsx.nfoservers.com/hlstatsimg/games/tf/ribbons/1_deflect_promode.png)

Reflecting grenades is almost the same as a fast rocket. Luck is a big factor in reflecting it.

Sparhawk wrote:
fleabagmatt wrote:

I was really surprised to see that I actually did this the other night. I can generally reflect rockets okay, but I've never gotten the knack for reflecting grenades.

IMAGE(http://stanspub.hlstatsx.nfoservers.com/hlstatsimg/games/tf/ribbons/1_deflect_promode.png)

Reflecting grenades is almost the same as a fast rocket. Luck is a big factor in reflecting it.

Reflecting them when they're rolling on the ground, instead of mid-air, can be a good strategy.

Gumbie, as promised:

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578982602169879542/240538EEA85C0D891ED61190905AE7B8F0D040E2/)

Nice

Also I turned off the scramble before round I don't think it was working very effectively.

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it

ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it :(

I didn't play it either but everyone that did pretty much hated it.

I don't think I've ever played on a server that did the friendly fire thing before a round. How does that affect Medics and building up ubers?

fleabagmatt wrote:

I don't think I've ever played on a server that did the friendly fire thing before a round. How does that affect Medics and building up ubers?

It's just in the waiting for players to join time, not the pre-round set up time so it doesn't affect it at all. I'd think it would be good to have since we extended the waiting time to a minute now...

If the Free for All was mele only it might work better, then you could spam taunt kills or something.

ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it :(

It was horrible. You would have loved it.

tboon wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it :(

It was horrible. You would have loved it.

I know I would have

ukickmydog wrote:
tboon wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it :(

It was horrible. You would have loved it.

I know I would have :(

There would be way too much panning!

KUThunderchief wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
tboon wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

On second thought lets give it a few more days to see how it does. There's a fixed version of the plugin that is supposed to resolve some issues with it that's only been out a month or so. I'm gonna try it out

boooo, and what happened to the friendly fire thing? I never got to try it :(

It was horrible. You would have loved it.

I know I would have :(

There would be way too much panning!

All Pans while waiting for players!

Looking forward to pointing and clicking tonight!

Re: Skullgirls Hatte

1 new Announcement:
We’ve received word from Valve on the Leviathan Team Fortress 2 hat, and have informed us that the Team Fortress 2 team “just doesn’t have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat.”
We’re naturally disappointed, and understand that many of you will be, too. Nix’s early model was looking solid, and we were also really excited for the Big Band hat/item concept he was proposing, too.
So how did we get here?
We announced on a recent stream that we intended to make TF2 hats, thinking that didn’t count as 100% confirmation. People were excited and the story took on a life of its own, and we felt it would be hard to go back on that. Given that there were a handful of recent and upcoming releases that featured promotional hats, we took a chance and included it in the campaign. At the time we felt confident that getting approval would not be a problem, but obviously we were wrong.
We haven’t given up – since the PC version and beta are still a few months away, we are currently investigating to see if the Team Fortress 2 team will have an opening in their schedule between now and then to see if we can salvage this.
We’re also simultaneously investigating alternative digital items to replace the Leviathan hat, and hope we’ll be able find something as desirable if not more so. Of course, in the interest of not repeating the same mistake, we won’t discuss what those items are quite yet.
In the event that any or all of these items are approved, they will all be awarded to anyone at the “Backer” ($30) level or higher, regardless of what the Perks said at the time of your order.
So as of now, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to honor the TF2 hat or any other digital items at this time. We never had any intention of misleading you, and I regret and take full responsibility for the situation.
If the hat drove your decision to contribute, please feel free to contact [email protected] to have your contribution refunded.
Sincerely,
Peter Bartholow
CEO
Lab Zero, Inc.
Infernarl wrote:

Re: Skullgirls Hatte

1 new Announcement:
We’ve received word from Valve on the Leviathan Team Fortress 2 hat, and have informed us that the Team Fortress 2 team “just doesn’t have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat.”

They announced they would include an item in another companies' game but didn't even run it by Valve first?...

Removed, for being redundant...

How am I suppose to afford another unusual hatte if they keep releasing updates while I'm idling at work?

Update

  • Added new promo items
    • Croft's Crest, Fortune Hunter, Tomb Wrapper
  • Added crafting recipes for the Sticky Jumper and the Rocket Jumper
  • Fixed r_depthoverlay ConVar not using the correct material
  • Improved performance and stability for the Linux version

Ewww, you guys get on server before pubbies fill it up again

Too late.

Before round scramble is turned off for good.

Gumbie wrote:

Before round scramble is turned off for good.

I'm just going to point out that the problem wasn't the scrambling itself as much as the fact that it seems to be a team-stacking plugin.

Walken Dead wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Before round scramble is turned off for good.

I'm just going to point out that the problem wasn't the scrambling itself as much as the fact that it seems to be a team-stacking plugin.

Well its gone now so we can go back to the normal "players placed on same team because of the order they load in" team stacking.

This...looks uncomfortable.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118288657561562245/D60103A3680D0F9BF3722DAA42FF484D6836EFAC/)

What HUD is that? Mine is broken. Can't see mvp anymore. So looking for a replacement now.

Ruki came back last night!

IMAGE(http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/fwp/myfuncards/LoveDating/lg/CompleteHeart.jpg)