Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

KUThunderchief wrote:

Good games last night.

Thanks Gumbie for all the tinkering with the server. You have made it more fun. How does one check his/her skill rating on the stats? Is this simply the rank or is there another stat I am missing?

http://stanspub.hlstatsx.nfoservers.com/hlstats.php?mode=players&game=tf

The default sort is by player skill / points.

Wow, Ragin' is 3rd on kills, only behind ukick and evilseed : O

I guess caber does work

ukickmydog wrote:
Queueball wrote:

Can you enable team kills and instant respawn for mayhem during that time?

I approve this message.

I'll try that one out. The problem is I looked at another plugin very similar to the one Queueball is talking about it and enabled the friendly_fire sv_tag on the server which in turn disqualifies the server from quickplay. If this one doesn't do that we should be good.

I just added the HLStats link to the main page of the steam group so people can find it there now.

ragin_redneck wrote:

That's why I like payload maps so much. Everyone is standing relatively still in a group. Well the pubbies do you guys are starting to get wise to the way of the caber.

Was looking at stats for actions and saw "killed charged medic"

http://stanspub.hlstatsx.nfoservers....

Needless to say ragin I don't think you're on the medics good side.

That's why I like payload maps so much. Everyone is standing relatively still in a group. Well the pubbies do you guys are starting to get wise to the way of the caber.

edit: I'm #1 in something though. Deaths.

Ah, so that's why everyone is sporting those logo + weapon avatars.

I added the TF2 pre round mayhem plugin. I don't think it enabled the friendly fire sv_tag so we should be good there. I have no way to test it in the middle of the day so hopefully it doesn't break anything when we start playing.

Gumbie wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Queueball wrote:

Can you enable team kills and instant respawn for mayhem during that time?

I approve this message.

I'll try that one out. The problem is I looked at another plugin very similar to the one Queueball is talking about it and enabled the friendly_fire sv_tag on the server which in turn disqualifies the server from quickplay. If this one doesn't do that we should be good.

Not sure if this one enables it or not: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...

Also, there's a sweet prop hunt mod for the 'humiliation round' time. Apparently a server called "Top Notch" runs both.

Gumbie wrote:

I added the TF2 pre round mayhem plugin. I don't think it enabled the friendly fire sv_tag so we should be good there. I have no way to test it in the middle of the day so hopefully it doesn't break anything when we start playing.

Basically if we don't see pubbers join after we have 6v6 for a while, it probably means it doesn't work, right?

ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Queueball wrote:

Can you enable team kills and instant respawn for mayhem during that time?

I approve this message.

I'll try that one out. The problem is I looked at another plugin very similar to the one Queueball is talking about it and enabled the friendly_fire sv_tag on the server which in turn disqualifies the server from quickplay. If this one doesn't do that we should be good.

Not sure if this one enables it or not: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...

Also, there's a sweet prop hunt mod for the 'humiliation round' time. Apparently a server called "Top Notch" runs both.

The first one is the one I added. I added the prop hunt after round end too. I tried it before and I think we had problems with it but I'll give it another shot. As far as the prop hunt mod goes it works but it may or may not have a bug that makes the props invisible to the player if they are in 3rd person mode. The people hunting you will see you fine but if your in third person view which is enabled by typing !third after the round you may not be able to see yourself. If that's the case it makes it kind of useless since you don't know what you look like to blend in with other stuff.

As much as I do like the pre-round mayhem friendly-fire nonsense and the post-round prop hunt, I kind of like having that time to chill out before and after a round. Anyone have any thoughts for/against?

T-Prime wrote:

As much as I do like the pre-round mayhem friendly-fire nonsense and the post-round prop hunt, I kind of like having that time to chill out before and after a round. Anyone have any thoughts for/against?

One drawback to friendly-fire-insta-respawn is that it gets loud very quickly. I'm not sure where everyone's tolerance on the sound of spammed explosive weapons lies, but quieter alternatives might be worth considering. (Melee-only might be a good compromise, if that's a possible thing? Or even something kind of benign like a trivia question.)

T-Prime wrote:

As much as I do like the pre-round mayhem friendly-fire nonsense and the post-round prop hunt, I kind of like having that time to chill out before and after a round. Anyone have any thoughts for/against?

I don't think anyone will think less of you if you choose to maintain a zen-like repose while everyone else slaughters their friends and any palm trees that might be sitting around.

Personally, I'll either be running down for a drink or building and popping superfluous ubers.

Speaking of superfluous ubers: I think I'd really like the Vaccinator if I could pick a damage type the way I pick weapons (i.e., punch 1 for bullets, 2 for explosives, etc.) and not by cycling through them. The challenge of keeping the right type of resistance on your patient is fun, and it's cool popping the mini-ubers all the time, but the UI is prone to making mistakes, which can be frustrating.

ragin_redneck wrote:

edit: I'm #1 in something though. Deaths.

#1 in our hearts too.

Cyranix wrote:
T-Prime wrote:

As much as I do like the pre-round mayhem friendly-fire nonsense and the post-round prop hunt, I kind of like having that time to chill out before and after a round. Anyone have any thoughts for/against?

One drawback to friendly-fire-insta-respawn is that it gets loud very quickly. I'm not sure where everyone's tolerance on the sound of spammed explosive weapons lies, but quieter alternatives might be worth considering. (Melee-only might be a good compromise, if that's a possible thing? Or even something kind of benign like a trivia question.)

I think that might be part of it. Melee-only would be fun.

but, but my melee goes boom?!

I like your boom-melee. I'm ok with that.

I've never been a fan of ff pre-round mod servers. It does get loud.

evilseed wrote:

I've never been a fan of ff pre-round mod servers. It does get loud.

It's fun for about 30 secs, a couple times per day.

oh God, please make the FF stop

HOORAY! Let us never speak of this dark day again

More FF!

I'm going to have nightmares about this aren't I?

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594745200823172201/B396ED74D60FD418749101C54B8C204480D6B766/)

Ban Dustbowl for two months!

Mantreads!

evilseed wrote:

Ban Dustbowl for two months!

+1

I had to Ragin' quit tonight on Dustbowl. Being blown up over and over as I walked around the corner was too much. Seems like the scramble didn't work for that round. Many more pubbies on our team for attack.

KUThunderchief wrote:

Mantreads!

Yeah, I thought I could hit you on the way down, but didn't count on the power of the mantreads.

What's up with this? Looks like it should be a new taunt:

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/TC.jpg)

The Stats are still weird. I haven't played in two weeks now almost. And Gumbie just barely passed me.
Only my connection time is slightly more.

shoptroll wrote:

I'm going to have nightmares about this aren't I?

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594745200823172201/B396ED74D60FD418749101C54B8C204480D6B766/)

Ooooh, that looks cool : D

I like Dustbowl but definitely there's Dustbowl fatigue on Stan's. The SD map is fun to start the server too.

I joined late last night but the final hold on Dustbowl was pretty fun, along with our shorthanded Badwater round (clang clang).