Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

KUThunderchief wrote:
Psych wrote:

Would you motherf***ers look at that? I didn't f***ing curse ONCE tonight! I think this f***ing time away calmed my f***ing nerves a bit, f**********ck.

You may not have been but OG slinger certainly had is way with the english language last night. Sheesh, it's just for fun mannes!

OG was drunk not harm no foul.

I've played enough games with OG I can tell by the tone of his voice if he's been drinking and last night he was feeling it.

Wakim wrote:
Psych wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

This was the first thing I heard when I joined the server:

Psych wrote:

Diarrhea all over the server.

Diarrhea is NOT a bad word!

It certainly isn't a good word either.

!diarrhea => vote_scramble

Gumbie wrote:
Mex wrote:
tboon wrote:
Psych wrote:

Diarrhea is NOT a bad word!

I had it all day today and I say you are wrong!

Check yer six, indeed

More like check yer underwear, amirite? hurhurhurhurhur

We're soooo the classiest server out there, for sure

Mex wrote:
Gumbie wrote:
Mex wrote:
tboon wrote:
Psych wrote:

Diarrhea is NOT a bad word!

I had it all day today and I say you are wrong!

Check yer six, indeed

More like check yer underwear, amirite? hurhurhurhurhur

We're soooo the classiest server out there, for sure

I still say we need more MLPs.

Gumbie wrote:
KUThunderchief wrote:
Psych wrote:

Would you motherf***ers look at that? I didn't f***ing curse ONCE tonight! I think this f***ing time away calmed my f***ing nerves a bit, f**********ck.

You may not have been but OG slinger certainly had is way with the english language last night. Sheesh, it's just for fun mannes!

OG was drunk not harm no foul.

I've played enough games with OG I can tell by the tone of his voice if he's been drinking and last night he was feeling it. :lol:

Alcohol + TF2 also fun. Agreed.

I seriously thought this linux thing would have gotten significantly easier since I last dabbled, but am coming away disapointed. Problems installing the latest AMD drivers. Doesn't seem insurmountable, but more than I wanted to go through. Would like to get the game playable from Linux, but we'll see. Meanwhile, I think I should probably be able to log in once this finishes downloading.

Posted from new linux install.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/Screenshotfrom2013-02-20214005.png)

Heh heh heh...wat?

Datyedyeguy wrote:

Heh heh heh...wat?

Needs to be on every page of this thread.

Wakim wrote:

I seriously thought this linux thing would have gotten significantly easier since I last dabbled, but am coming away disapointed. Problems installing the latest AMD drivers. Doesn't seem insurmountable, but more than I wanted to go through. Would like to get the game playable from Linux, but we'll see. Meanwhile, I think I should probably be able to log in once this finishes downloading.

Tux is up to 16,002 with one week left for people to get them. That's about 1/4 the number of buds. Given how buds turned out, how many more people are playing TF2 these days, the (lower) cost barrier compared to the Mac, and how many people are probably getting these using alts, I'd say that speaks to how much of a PITA AAA gaming on Linux is right now.

Fortunately, I think the only part of the process that's genuinely painful is graphics, and that's something you can throw money and resources at. Hopefully Steam will be the catalyst to get this mess sorted.

Datyedyeguy wrote:

Heh heh heh...wat?

Ukick

Can we embed this in the intro page for the server or something?

I got ubuntu running in virtualbox without too much trouble, and downloading and installing Steam was actually pretty easy. TF2 installed inside Steam just like it does in Windows. I tried to run the game itself, but CTD'd ever time. It must have gotten far enough to count though, because a Tux did drop for me the next time I played (in Windows).

Phishposer wrote:

I got ubuntu running in virtualbox without too much trouble, and downloading and installing Steam was actually pretty easy. TF2 installed inside Steam just like it does in Windows. I tried to run the game itself, but CTD'd ever time. It must have gotten far enough to count though, because a Tux did drop for me the next time I played (in Windows).

Same experience for me. Good enough for me as well. :p

"No! What the hell happened!?"

HAHAHAHA

Hifives all around

I hate you all

It's not often I stumble upon Vimeo videos that apply to TF2, but hats...

https://vimeo.com/54479784

Datyedyeguy wrote:
Phishposer wrote:

I got ubuntu running in virtualbox without too much trouble, and downloading and installing Steam was actually pretty easy. TF2 installed inside Steam just like it does in Windows. I tried to run the game itself, but CTD'd ever time. It must have gotten far enough to count though, because a Tux did drop for me the next time I played (in Windows).

Same experience for me. Good enough for me as well. :p

Yeah, tried to start TF2 without the drivers installed, and it got me far enough to get my Tux.

Walken Dead wrote:

Tux is up to 16,002 with one week left for people to get them. That's about 1/4 the number of buds. Given how buds turned out, how many more people are playing TF2 these days, the (lower) cost barrier compared to the Mac, and how many people are probably getting these using alts, I'd say that speaks to how much of a PITA AAA gaming on Linux is right now.

Fortunately, I think the only part of the process that's genuinely painful is graphics, and that's something you can throw money and resources at. Hopefully Steam will be the catalyst to get this mess sorted.

Yeah, I guess I had hoped that Valve had done enough work already since they were releasing the Linux version of Steam....

Oh well, got my tux, and will run my alts through the process this weekend, so hopefully I can parlay this promotion into a new spectacular unusual before too long. Anyone have any speculation when (or if I guess) we will be able to trade these?

Wakim wrote:

Oh well, got my tux, and will run my alts through the process this weekend

You can just rename the user folder in you Steam Apps folder to your alts username and you won't have to install anything for it. Took me around 10 minutes to run all seven of my accounts.

What the hell, pants you have 7 TF2 accounts? Why?

Mex wrote:

What the hell, pants you have 7 TF2 accounts? Why?

I'm glad that didn't seem crazy to just me.

Some videos I've been sitting on for a while.

First, random crits + chokepoints = most of my kills that round.

Second, Nuean gets backstabbed. Sort of.

(I may need to do some postproduction on that last one. It's begging for some ridiculously dramatic incidental music.)

Mex wrote:

What the hell, pants you have 7 TF2 accounts? Why?

My wealthy and respectable friend has that many account for the same reason I have multiple. We're hatte whores.

A blast from the past. If you've been playing since beta you've probably seen this. Language NSFW

Mex wrote:

What the hell, pants you have 7 TF2 accounts? Why?

Idlin'. Six alt accounts averages about three refined a week. Although, I haven't idled in a long time.

Gumbie wrote:

A blast from the past. If you've been playing since beta you've probably seen this. Language NSFW

Crit Rocket!

Update

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a client crash related to rendering models
Fixed a client crash related to audio in the web browser
Fixed servers crashing with the error message "Overflow error writing string table baseline"
Fixed a missing material when setting mat_viewportscale to anything other than 1
Fixed windowed mode under certain window managers for the Linux version
Improved performance for the Linux version

Team Fortress 2
Added new promo items
Fixed buildings not always being downgraded at the same rate by the Red-Tape Recorder
Fixed not hearing the sound for the Shred Alert taunt while playing Mann Vs. Machine
Fixed players spamming the Shred Alert taunt in spawn rooms by changing their loadout presets
Fixed giant robots sometimes getting stuck in Mann Vs. Machine
Fixed a problem where traders that send in-game trade requests would receive the error message "The other player is currently busy trading with someone else" when the problem was actually related to Steam Guard settings

IMAGE(http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/8870/extras/bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg)

Bioshock Infinite promo items.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Mantid wrote:

Bioshock Infinite promo items.

Greenmangaming has a bunch of Bioshock Infinite bundles right now. They send you Steam codes prior to the launch so you'll still get the TF2 promos.

I thought in the past you had to buy through Steam to actually get the promos and not buy a Steam code from a 3rd party.

Mantid wrote:

Bioshock Infinite promo items.

Greenmangaming has a bunch of Bioshock Infinite bundles right now. They send you Steam codes prior to the launch so you'll still get the TF2 promos.

edit: It seems the promo items are dependent on a certain number of people pre-ordering. So, I don't know if just registering a Steam code for the game will actually get them.

Gumbie wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:
Mantid wrote:

Bioshock Infinite promo items.

Greenmangaming has a bunch of Bioshock Infinite bundles right now. They send you Steam codes prior to the launch so you'll still get the TF2 promos.

I thought in the past you had to buy through Steam to actually get the promos and not buy a Steam code from a 3rd party.

I want to say there have been cases where it's worked in the past as long as you register your Steam key before launch but I can't remember for sure. Anyway, I think I'm going to pre-order on Steam because I'd rather get X-Com with it than Spec Ops: The Line.

Fancy man Tboon has an employee profile on the front page, he's the model for the modern pyro on the go : http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1...

Mex wrote:

Fancy man Tboon has an employee profile on the front page, he's the model for the modern pyro on the go : http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1...

Why would the modern pyro on the go put himself near water all the time at swim meets? Seems dangerous.