Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Wakim wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

Don't forget your alts.

This, which I assume is way more common today that when the buds came out, is why I assume the new items will not have much value.

They will probably start at 20 keys and as more hit the market will end up a few weeks later at 1 or 2 keys.

And now HL2.exe keeps crashing every f*cking game. Not sure how or why. Checked my laptop fans. Still working etc.
Did an integrity check on the cache. Also defragmented cache files.
Not sure of reinstalling will help.

Any tips?
-edit-
-dxlevel 8

seems to do the trick for now

I agree with Mex.

I will take the easy way out and give login info to a trustworthy GWJer for Penguinware.
I'll even give you a "Le Party Phantom" just for your efforts.

If it is just logging in on linux with credentials, I am willing to do so for other Goodjers.
No party phantoms needed

When is this? I wouldn't mind loading linux up on an external hard drive and playing around for a bit, but yeah, I'll probably just ask another Goodjer to take care of it for me.

tboon wrote:

Team Not Much Fun 2 tonight.

Sorry for bagging so quick.

Sounds like Fun Times were not achieved, which I disagree with.

Do you guys mind if we try scrambling at the beginning of every new map with that Scramble mod Gumbie installed? I'll try to remember doing it. Just the beginning of every new map, not on every round/stage/etc.

Mex wrote:
tboon wrote:

Team Not Much Fun 2 tonight.

Sorry for bagging so quick.

Sounds like Fun Times were not achieved, which I disagree with.

Do you guys mind if we try scrambling at the beginning of every new map with that Scramble mod Gumbie installed? I'll try to remember doing it. Just the beginning of every new map, not on every round/stage/etc.

Thats fine. Is there an autojoin that would do that? Scrambling in the middle would take up time that could be spent playing.

EvilHomer3k wrote:
Mex wrote:
tboon wrote:

Team Not Much Fun 2 tonight.

Sorry for bagging so quick.

Sounds like Fun Times were not achieved, which I disagree with.

Do you guys mind if we try scrambling at the beginning of every new map with that Scramble mod Gumbie installed? I'll try to remember doing it. Just the beginning of every new map, not on every round/stage/etc.

Thats fine. Is there an autojoin that would do that? Scrambling in the middle would take up time that could be spent playing.

No autojoin and he's talking about before the round starts.

Wakim wrote:

When is this? I wouldn't mind loading linux up on an external hard drive and playing around for a bit, but yeah, I'll probably just ask another Goodjer to take care of it for me.

I don't think it's ever been stated that this will happen. But it's a big jump for Valve, so we just assume they'll celebrate with an item.

Queueball wrote:
Wakim wrote:

When is this? I wouldn't mind loading linux up on an external hard drive and playing around for a bit, but yeah, I'll probably just ask another Goodjer to take care of it for me.

I don't think it's ever been stated that this will happen. But it's a big jump for Valve, so we just assume they'll celebrate with an item.

It showed up in here

Unless it turned out to be fake.

Got tired and grumpy. So I graciously rage quit.

evilseed wrote:

Before Unknown scramble type.

I think those are supposed to be the other way around. I got switched to BLU in the scramble.

Before Unknown scramble type.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578980606990201456/310BA6A93425A4D18C8B1B05757C85C110D28AA1/)

After

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578980606990199328/EAA0884EABAA6FF072076DFABA16EAFF4285B29B/)

Your face supposed to ahh forget it. Order fixed.

For what it's worth, there were no ridiculous rolls tonight, at least the matches I got to play were pretty even. The one time we were getting rolled (Mountain Lab? I think) we had some awful class balance the first points, and we recovered at the last point, so that was deserved.

Good games last night. I agree, no rolls or anything crazy. Fun playing as a Pyro for a few maps.

It was brought up a few of pages ago, but can we enable the losing team MVPs at the end of the round? Things seemed well balanced last night but acknowledgment of the best winners among the losers would be nice.

In other news, it felt good shotgunning tboon's from behind and then inchat saying 'Check yer six'

T-Prime wrote:

It was brought up a few of pages ago, but can we enable the losing team MVPs at the end of the round? Things seemed well balanced last night but acknowledgment of the best winners among the losers would be nice.

In other news, it felt good shotgunning tboon's from behind and then inchat saying 'Check yer six' :D

Done.

If anyone uses the gscramble I would suggest sorting by hlstats:ce skill. The rank is heavily weighted towards time played. I'm still not 100% sure what skill is taking into account but it seems to have made teams pretty balanced last night.

Gumbie wrote:
T-Prime wrote:

It was brought up a few of pages ago, but can we enable the losing team MVPs at the end of the round? Things seemed well balanced last night but acknowledgment of the best winners among the losers would be nice.

In other news, it felt good shotgunning tboon's from behind and then inchat saying 'Check yer six' :D

Done.

If anyone uses the gscramble I would suggest sorting by hlstats:ce skill. The rank is heavily weighted towards time played. I'm still not 100% sure what skill is taking into account but it seems to have made teams pretty balanced last night.

To be honest, though, the top people time-wise are some of the top people skill-wise. Until it puts brainz, ukick, mex, erik, and evilseed on the same team consistently, it's fine.

So I finally got to play a few rounds in Linux. My general thoughts:
- If you have a relatively beefy machine, it's quite playable. It's definitely slower though than its windows counterpart on the same hardware, so older machines will likely struggle even if it's okay on windows.
- Voice chat didn't work, and rumor has it audio drivers are as annoying as video drivers on linux.
- Until Valve get's ATI and NVidia to improve their drivers, I think most people will not bother trying. Also I don't think it quite looks as nice, but part of that I'm guessing is the time to get to used developing against opengl.
- I got nadda for playing on a Linux box, so I don't think there's a specific linux item yet.

Queueball wrote:

So I finally got to play a few rounds in Linux. My general thoughts:
- If you have a relatively beefy machine, it's quite playable. It's definitely slower though than its windows counterpart on the same hardware, so older machines will likely struggle even if it's okay on windows.
- Voice chat didn't work, and rumor has it audio drivers are as annoying as video drivers on linux.
- Until Valve get's ATI and NVidia to improve their drivers, I think most people will not bother trying. Also I don't think it quite looks as nice, but part of that I'm guessing is the time to get to used developing against opengl.
- I got nadda for playing on a Linux box, so I don't think there's a specific linux item yet.

I'm getting about 150fps on it. Sound drivers do not work, but who really needs to hear the frying pan over and over.

I seem to have a weird bug where F12 crashes my game to desktop so don't expect any pictures from me of awesome kills for a few updates.

Edit: Also my brother has started playing TF2. I'll try and see if he can join us on game nights since I suspect he'd enjoy them.

Wolfen Victrocious wrote:

I seem to have a weird bug where F12 crashes my game to desktop so don't expect any pictures from me of awesome kills for a few updates.

You can change the screenshot key in your Steam settings (assuming it's not the screenshots themselves that aren't causing you to crash).

Wolfen Victrocious wrote:

I seem to have a weird bug where F12 crashes my game to desktop so don't expect any pictures from me of awesome kills for a few updates.

Edit: Also my brother has started playing TF2. I'll try and see if he can join us on game nights since I suspect he'd enjoy them.

I've had that happen occasionally. Not sure what the root cause is...

Holy Crap!

According to the Stats we have had players from 27 different countries playing with us so far.
How do some of then even know about us?
I can see auto connect finding us for some of the closer ones but it should exclude us for terrible ping from Turkey, Isreal, and Saudi Arabia.

Check the countries page and change the filter down to 1 to see them all.

I just installed a SSD. Why are there no mannes on server to test?

Ragin, what you doin there...

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/921254178707098446/DB2220D5F28B70CA10B0EFD98A1EE42043DE085E/)

ukickmydog wrote:

I just installed a SSD. Why are there no mannes on server to test?

I was returning some videotapes. Maybe we can try tomorrow?