Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Sorry for hopping in and out tonight (and wasting an uber!). I keep freezing bigtime. I tried to put TF2 on my SSD but it's not cooperating. I guess there's really no need to have it there so putting Steam back on my other hard drive. Not sure if I'll be back on tonight but hopefully soon

I've spent several nights leveling up my strange Natascha. Several nights as well playing Tomislav for awards. I've said it before but the minigun is the only worthwhile weapon for the heavy. The tomislav and natascha are really only good for awards. I guess they are better than the brass beast. It isn't even worth using to get awards.

Gah, stupid phone call right in the middle of building my engie nest.

You guys should have stayed afterwards for Caber Tips with Ragin. Very educational. The man definitely knows his hand-delivered explosives.

EvilHomer3k wrote:

I guess they are better than the brass beast. It isn't even worth using to get awards.

<-- Current Brass Beast and Warrior Spirit award holder

iaintgotnopants wrote:

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118286568238160036/E6BFC5AA8037BA1B049582B20A03332C42B94AE2/)

God, I hate people.

What HUD is that? I'm still using the stock HUD but I've seen screenshots from a couple of goojers with this one and I think it's sexy.

Ok so I found out gscramble wasn't interfacing correctly with HlstatsX. I spent about 2 hours this morning figuring out why and then fixing it. We should be able to scramble using hlstatsx rankings now. I really, really would like to try this sometime soon.

Holy crap: TF2 Chess with swappable hattes!

Edit: oh and Mex, I got the medics defended award again

T-Prime wrote:

What HUD is that? I'm still using the stock HUD but I've seen screenshots from a couple of goojers with this one and I think it's sexy.

It's omp hud. You can get it here. It has a bunch of optional stuff that you can turn on but you have to dig through this thread to find them.

ukickmydog wrote:

Holy crap: TF2 Chess with swappable hattes!

Edit: oh and Mex, I got the medics defended award again :)

Well I only played medic yesterday u_u

Unlike traditional chess, NextChess has a TF2-related twist—swappable hat piece toppers. An ode to TF2, each piece will begin the game with a special hat topper and as the action heats up, hats come off. Players can claim various hats from other pieces and assume the movement characteristics of pieces captured, adding an element of variation and challenge to the standard game of chess.

I must have this

iaintgotnopants wrote:

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118286568238160036/E6BFC5AA8037BA1B049582B20A03332C42B94AE2/)

God, I hate people.

I don't play MvM enough to know, what am I looking at here? 3 spies?

iaintgotnopants wrote:
T-Prime wrote:

What HUD is that? I'm still using the stock HUD but I've seen screenshots from a couple of goojers with this one and I think it's sexy.

It's omp hud. You can get it here. It has a bunch of optional stuff that you can turn on but you have to dig through this thread to find them.

Hooray it's tracked in GitHub, so again it just looks like I'm working ^_^

Mex wrote:

I don't play MvM enough to know, what am I looking at here? 3 spies?

Yes. The medic is also pretty useless. One spy can be helpful on that mission because of the engineers but they have to be not terrible. But, all the people I've seen play spy in MvM are terrible. They ignore engineers, they never sap robots and they aren't even any good at collecting money. Basically, I was the only class in that group that could reliable do any damage.

It's sad that if I take out the MvM specific words, that what pant's said is like playing TF2 with pubbies.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Mex wrote:

I don't play MvM enough to know, what am I looking at here? 3 spies?

Yes. The medic is also pretty useless. One spy can be helpful on that mission because of the engineers but they have to be not terrible. But, all the people I've seen play spy in MvM are terrible. They ignore engineers, they never sap robots and they aren't even any good at collecting money. Basically, I was the only class in that group that could reliable do any damage.

Please tell me you quit without even going through the torture of trying to play with that team lineup.
That group would not even work on the "easy" level, let alone an "advanced" map.

Message me next time you want to go MVMing. At least that will be one less pubbie either of us has to endure.
I have my Strange Parts: Robots Killed counter on my Strange Brass Beast. Alway interested in boosting its numbers. (Only GOOD use for the BB).

I heart Gumbie

Rank scamble
Before
IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578980606952900143/F1834A9991B3D7E22D4D66F1FA0420CD679C4692/)

After
IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578980606952902127/3D2CE8755B049D57F407707F22A9171922D9CB1D/)

Also this has been happening to me since last patch.
IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578980606952897535/E55AB7ADECD534BE62FF48AA4785018B12385C3B/)

Ragin enjoys killing me just a liitle too much...

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/612757604159204515/57CEF4858D89AA5C17C26ED64C1AC5D5D86FA7D2/)

... at least I gave him a bath as I died.

Gumbie's secret weapon. He's got a very special hat but it smells bad.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613883504066064591/260E88F87E6E5E763B5BF1BB757882F4DD2EA69A/)

That's just wrong

the very best of the very few bright spots for me tonight

Lots of good replays tonight.

I've got a couple more vids to upload still. Tomorrow, hopefully.

Holy crap. So I found the login for an old Photobucket account I don't use anymore, and I found a TF2 screenshot on there, circa 2007.

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/T-Prime/tf2_pose.jpg)

Look at those awesome textures. And no hats. And I'm pretty sure that's not JPG compression, but actually how the game looked on my computer at the time.

My how far we've come.

ukickmydog wrote:

I heart Gumbie

I really enjoyed that.

MyBrainHz wrote:

Lots of good replays tonight.

I've got a couple more vids to upload still. Tomorrow, hopefully.

The high five at the end makes it.

I now have a golden pan, sniff sniff, it's so beautiful.

Had an awesome replay of Judge poofing ragin_redneck wayyyyy up into the air and then me headshotting him at the peak of his decent. Talked about how awesome of a replay it was going to be then forgot to save it when I died.

Gumbie wrote:

Had an awesome replay of Judge poofing ragin_redneck wayyyyy up into the air and then me headshotting him at the peak of his decent. Talked about how awesome of a replay it was going to be then forgot to save it when I died.

Tis a shame, I was waiting underneath him to stab him when he landed but you headshotted him and only a dead body fell down.

Also, you do know that you don't have to wait until you die to save a replay right? If I do something I want a replay of (like the taunt kill on you ), then I hit the replay button right then and there while still alive. I may get killed since i stop moving for a few seconds, but it's worth it.

Gumbie wrote:

Had an awesome replay of Judge poofing ragin_redneck wayyyyy up into the air and then me headshotting him at the peak of his decent. Talked about how awesome of a replay it was going to be then forgot to save it when I died.

Was a glorious death. I charge towards a group and watch them all run away like baby mannes except for judge waiting with his poofer and gumbie, I'm sure of this part, saying "Pull".

Got my action figures. Little disappointed at the lack of arm mobility (can't point weapons forward) and that thepyro doesn't have a shotgun (or flare gun) but they look great! Looking forward to the other 7 (inc the engineer play-set with real firing rocketssss)

Infernarl wrote:

Got my action figures. Little disappointed at the lack of arm mobility (can't point weapons forward) and that thepyro doesn't have a shotgun (or flare gun) but they look great! Looking forward to the other 7 (inc the engineer play-set with real firing rocketssss)

Did you see that sites are taking preorders for team blue for pyro and demo, which come out next.