Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

MyBrainHz wrote:

We should make sure pubbies know that we're running HLStats on the server. It will help attract more regulars I imagine. Not sure what the best way is to do that.

I can add it in the server title and motd. I can also turn on hlstatsx notifications in chat, but I'm assuming most people wouldn't want that.

Wow, server keeps being full

On another note....

When is the next tournament??!!!!

No excuse anymore, pub is overflowing with players....

I feel my stats properly show I spent most of the night running around trying to get ambassador kills. When does the page update to reflect my elite ambassador status?

Psych you are super annoying spy

Fun games tonight, I think we have to accept it's hard to balance teams on the pub, not every game is going to be even teams...

Of course, we do have a private server where that happens more often...

That third-point defense of Dustbowl was damn fun, it made up for some gaffes Red made in the first two rounds.

Mex wrote:

Psych you are super annoying spy

Fun games tonight, I think we have to accept it's hard to balance teams on the pub, not every game is going to be even teams...

Of course, we do have a private server where that happens more often...

I loudly announced to my team each time I managed an ambassador kill against you. It was very exciting. I kept catching you with no health behind the lines, sorry about that.

Psych wrote:
Mex wrote:

Psych you are super annoying spy

Fun games tonight, I think we have to accept it's hard to balance teams on the pub, not every game is going to be even teams...

Of course, we do have a private server where that happens more often...

I loudly announced to my team each time I managed an ambassador kill against you. It was very exciting. I kept catching you with no health behind the lines, sorry about that.

Lemme alone jerk. Why you always gotta come after me?

Gumbie wrote:
Psych wrote:
Mex wrote:

Psych you are super annoying spy

Fun games tonight, I think we have to accept it's hard to balance teams on the pub, not every game is going to be even teams...

Of course, we do have a private server where that happens more often...

I loudly announced to my team each time I managed an ambassador kill against you. It was very exciting. I kept catching you with no health behind the lines, sorry about that.

Lemme alone jerk. Why you always gotta come after me?

You are a very good shot who has not yet developed the paranoia of other snipers.

Awards from yesterday are up. Psych got his coveted ambassador kill award... Also, I'd like to congratulate turbocop for winning the "You upset Brian, Congrats!" award. Well done.

Best part of the night for me was lighting someone on fire and chasing after them as they were screaming "Go away, nobody likes you!"

I forget who it was but I got a good laugh out of that.

Hadouken award! Poor pubby sniper.

Brainz, I got your family business award. I think I was an overachiever and got 9 kills.

On another note, evilseed had 17 kills with that beggar's bazooka. The really weird thing is he LIKES the beggar's bazooka and isn't just whoring himself out for digital awards.

MyBrainHz wrote:

Hadouken award! Poor pubby sniper.

All these years playing pyro and I still can never remember to do that taunt kill.

DeThroned wrote:

Best part of the night for me was lighting someone on fire and chasing after them as they were screaming "Go away, nobody likes you!"

I forget who it was but I got a good laugh out of that. :)

Yes hello. For the record, it wasn't just you. No one likes any pyros.

ukickmydog wrote:

Awards from yesterday are up. Psych got his coveted ambassador kill award... Also, I'd like to congratulate turbocop for winning the "You upset Brian, Congrats!" award. Well done.

Woooooooo! This is very exciting.

Having Stats definitely brings out the worst in me.

I'd like to thank Thunderchief for the kritzing of the caber last night and for telling evilseed to shut up when he yelled at you for it. Was fun. I just have to remember that replay is working now so I can capture these wonderful moments.

Holy crap, there's custom awards! :O

There's Gumbie'd and Tboon'd and Nuean Wannabe and even one for me! <3

edit: haha "Psych's Excellence in Jerkiness"... won by pubby -ßЯҢ- ParagonAgent

I can't believe I got a legitamate "Robin Hood" (Sniper arrow stab) taunt kill last night. I shot someone from a long way and was celebrating when a Demoman charged me. He impaled himself.
Woo! Award for that. I am disappointed there are no cannon awards.

The_Judge wrote:

I can't believe I got a legitamate "Robin Hood" (Sniper arrow stab) taunt kill last night. I shot someone from a long way and was celebrating when a Demoman charged me. He impaled himself.
Woo! Award for that. I am disappointed there are no cannon awards.

You didn't replay it? Replays or it didn't happen!

Psych wrote:

Yes hello. For the record, it wasn't just you. No one likes any pyros.

Psych wrote:

Having Stats definitely brings out the worst in me.

How can we tell the difference though?

Mex wrote:

Holy crap, there's custom awards! :O

There's Gumbie'd and Tboon'd and Nuean Wannabe and even one for me! <3

edit: haha "Psych's Excellence in Jerkiness"... won by pubby -ßЯҢ- ParagonAgent

<3 as well

Ragin4Life...won by Ragin! Who else?

ragin_redneck wrote:

I'd like to thank Thunderchief for the kritzing of the caber last night and for telling evilseed to shut up when he yelled at you for it. Was fun. I just have to remember that replay is working now so I can capture these wonderful moments.

That reminds me: this one is for you, Gumbie!

I call it "Poor Man's Manntreads or: One Good Headshot Deserves Another"

Nice rocket jump :O

Mex wrote:

Nice rocket jump :O

Blind squirrel, nut, etc.

Walken Dead wrote:
ragin_redneck wrote:

I'd like to thank Thunderchief for the kritzing of the caber last night and for telling evilseed to shut up when he yelled at you for it. Was fun. I just have to remember that replay is working now so I can capture these wonderful moments.

That reminds me: this one is for you, Gumbie!

I call it "Poor Man's Manntreads or: One Good Headshot Deserves Another"

I remember that and thinking "wtf just happened?"

ragin_redneck wrote:

I'd like to thank Thunderchief for the kritzing of the caber last night and for telling evilseed to shut up when he yelled at you for it. Was fun. I just have to remember that replay is working now so I can capture these wonderful moments.

I care not for your joy and or fun having, it's such a waste of a kritz! [color=#D3D3D3][size=1]Iwanted to be kritz'd as sniper. sadface[/size][/color]

I'm both surprised and disgusted at how I played last night. At first I felt I was doing pretty good as Scout, then things just fell apart.

Oculus Rift went from a "want one when it comes out" to "must buy dev kit"

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/15/388...

Server info incoming.

There's a new gscamble plugin installed on the pub. You can read about it and all the nifty features it has here. It can be accessed using the sourcemod admin menu under server commands. The general idea is to make matches more evenly balanced and competitive when things are obviously out of whack. It will be using HLstatsX rank of players when it balances. Close epic matches = more fun for everyone. Brainz helped a ton in getting it setup but it's still in the experimental stage because it has a ton of settings. If something is wrong or not working please don't loudly bitch and complain. You can msg me, Brainz, or post on here and politely suggest a change.

Also HLstatsX commands can be accessed by typing in hlstatsx in the chat. No ! or anything just "hlstatsx". All broadcast messages are turned off except when people join it will announce their current rank.

Can I preemptively bitch and complain? Autoscramble with no vote sucks.

Edit: Also, here's a video of me poofing away Brian's charge then killing him with a reflected rocket

ukickmydog wrote:

Can I preemptively bitch and complain? Autoscramble with no vote sucks.

It's currently set to only work with an admin calling a vote.