Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Sparhawk wrote:

Steam Community is down, also inventories etc. Hopefully fixed soon.

Isn't that a daily occurrence?

ukickmydog wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:

Steam Community is down, also inventories etc. Hopefully fixed soon.

Isn't that a daily occurrence?

Not this long...

One of the days I'll stop ragequitting because I keep getting destroyed. Last night was not one of those days I stopped

DeThroned wrote:

One of the days I'll stop ragequitting because I keep getting destroyed. Last night was not one of those days I stopped :)

Everyone gets "destroyed" man, I think the average lifespan in this game must be like a minuto or so... best you can do is get used to dying or going medic and learning how/when to run away screaming (err, tactical re-positioning).

Mex wrote:
DeThroned wrote:

One of the days I'll stop ragequitting because I keep getting destroyed. Last night was not one of those days I stopped :)

Everyone gets "destroyed" man, I think the average lifespan in this game must be like a minuto or so... best you can do is get used to dying or going medic and learning how/when to run away screaming (err, tactical re-positioning).

I will usually only play when I am in a place mentally where getting destroyed is OK. I hate playing when I am stressed out about stuff because then it just sucks and I end up rage-quitting, which is no fun at all. I told myself when I started playing TF2 that I would never rage-quit, that if I started getting pissy, I would just walk away. I also told myself that I was not in my 20s and I would suck and that's OK.

I think I have rage-quit three times in the past 5+ years and 1400 legit hours played. all of them were ukick's fault. [size=7](not really, only most of them were).[/size]

All about expectations self-management.

So apparently "Sega kart-racer Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed" is going to have TF2 characters as racers... I wonder if it is going to be like that Poker game where you get unlocks in TF2 for playing it.

IMAGE(http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/212480/ss_5962df4d80bdc04cf1196e60c88428b74548acd4.1920x1080.jpg?t=1358454384)
IMAGE(http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/212480/ss_852b554616cc6b957f49bf162568d7e43921a597.1920x1080.jpg?t=1358454384)

I wouldn't be surprised. But I will pick it up on a Steam sale then.

ukickmydog wrote:

I wonder if it is going to be like that Poker game where you get unlocks in TF2 for playing it.

Either that or preorder bonus hats/items. It's like clockwork with Valve co-promotions.

Though I wonder what the age-overlap Venn diagram is between Sega kart racing and TF2 (or Shogun, or Football Manager, for that matter). Ten guys? Do we really have that many eight-year-olds playing Team Fortress? (Yes, unfortunately, if Gumbie's padawan is any indication.)

I'm slightly sad that TF2 characters are being overused by seemingly any old third-party developer that asks. It's like they're not taking TF2 seriously enou--nah, still can't say that with a straight face. Bring on the Team Fortress Underoos and Legos!

My God.

tboon's golden-forum-supporter-badge-thing.

We are not worthy.

Wow, golden pyro backburner?

Very nice tboon!

Archangel wrote:

My God.

tboon's golden-forum-supporter-badge-thing.

We are not worthy.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/kjlpa.gif)

Hey, just wanted to say it was fun playing with you guys. It's been a while and I'm super rusty, but it was fun. I hope to be on more often.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920126282332530066/B1FAEE144CC4B30407D5DB1172721D6B63A06E66/)

Felt myself getting ragey - called it a night.

Sorry blue I got auto balanced on that last round of goldrush.

Thunder showing off his Bing Crosby Medic. (Sorry the shot's not closer. I like the framing, though.)

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1118284665914375672/EDEE1A082D5D2226EC6458690146358561110E4E/)

I'm proud of you YOLO, so very proud.

YOLOSWAG had a pretty crappy night. I got rolled pretty hard every map. Probably because YOLO.

Man, being on Brainz and Psych's team meant we got slaughtered a lot.

On a happier note. Found the:
IMAGE(http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/4/47/RED_Honcho%27s_Headgear.png/95px-RED_Honcho%27s_Headgear.png)
Made the night worth it.

Can we tone down the kicking? I'm perfectly fine with kicking people to make room for goodjers and kicking people who simply don't listen. That said if we want to kick people for more arbitrary reasons we should put them in the rules. If they're in the rules I say kick away.

I play on ATF sometimes and they kick people to make room for ATF. They simply say, "Kicking to make room for ATF. If you get kicked we're sorry and nothing personal. Hope to see you again." or something like that. Doesn't bother me at all.

EvilHomer3k wrote:

Can we tone down the kicking? I'm perfectly fine with kicking people to make room for goodjers and kicking people who simply don't listen. That said if we want to kick people for more arbitrary reasons we should put them in the rules. If they're in the rules I say kick away.

I play on ATF sometimes and they kick people to make room for ATF. They simply say, "Kicking to make room for ATF. If you get kicked we're sorry and nothing personal. Hope to see you again." or something like that. Doesn't bother me at all.

Agree about first part, not about second. I never play on ATF again because of their indiscriminate kicking like that. I'd be at the top of the board and then get kicked... ya, not happening again.

Did some playing around with the uncrating simulator. Found out there are also unusual Coffin Kits now? Damn.

Sparhawk wrote:

Did some playing around with the uncrating simulator. Found out there are also unusual Coffin Kits now? Damn.

You just saved me 200 dollars, which is what it took to unbox an unusual hat :/

Had a great night and didn't ragequit (Woohoo!). Also, a HUGE thanks to SparHawk for spending way too much time explaining trading, values of items, and just about everything I needed to know to work my way toward a Strange weapon. Even though I still disagree with 1.55ref, I get it now

Can we get a mod to put TF2 characters in DayZ?

My fault for kicking that one dude. I should have just muted him.

ukickmydog wrote:
EvilHomer3k wrote:

Can we tone down the kicking? I'm perfectly fine with kicking people to make room for goodjers and kicking people who simply don't listen. That said if we want to kick people for more arbitrary reasons we should put them in the rules. If they're in the rules I say kick away.

I play on ATF sometimes and they kick people to make room for ATF. They simply say, "Kicking to make room for ATF. If you get kicked we're sorry and nothing personal. Hope to see you again." or something like that. Doesn't bother me at all.

Agree about first part, not about second. I never play on ATF again because of their indiscriminate kicking like that. I'd be at the top of the board and then get kicked... ya, not happening again.

Not everyone will agree with that and that's fine. I believe I'm in the minority on that opinion. Part of why I brought it up is that even though they are kicking you they're not jerks about it. I think we've been a bit more jerky with our responses than we used to be. This includes me and I don't like being a jerk about a game. I am going to try to be more helpful and constructive in my criticism of inexperienced players making bad choices.

MyBrainHz wrote:

My fault for kicking that one dude. I should have just muted him.

Good point Brian. I'm gonna start using the tools in sourcemod before resorting to kicking. If someone is being a real asshole we can even make it a fun meta game of harassing them until they leave or get the point and quit being pricks.