Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Anybody want to shoot robots tonight? I have a magic ticket.

I don't wanna shoot robots, but I have free time this evening and damnit, there'd better be some hatzenmannes online tonight!

Free hattes for dominating fleabagmatt!

Spoiler:

No, not really, I don't have that many hattes.

Woo i'm up to $.58 from the market. Living the dream.

I am on leave right now in Cold Front (Canada). Expect not to see me for the coming two weeks! (for online play that is)

Heading off to Tofino for a few days starting tomorrow. Probably can't play tonight, and definitely not until next Friday at the earliest.

I know opinions will differ on this one, but I thought that round of Granary was epic. Lots of back-and-forth, very evenly matched teams. I think I would have preferred sudden death OT, but it was still a great round.

The Badwater rounds after it were pretty lopsided, but it's always easier being the windshield than the bug. But hey, Badwater. My mic also cut out about halfway through. (I'm not sure if the USB hub in my keyboard is flaking, or my controller, or what, but it's been somewhat unpredictable the last couple weeks.)

Thanks for the good games tonight!

Edit: IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1100267109589515884/78843347DFFBD039B2FA50CBA07CE8F72129FCDB/)

I apparently had exactly the right amount of alcohol in my system for Friday night manne killing.

Five beers it is!

pgroce wrote:

I know opinions will differ on this one, but I thought that round of Granary was epic. Lots of back-and-forth, very evenly matched teams.

I agree. Evenly matched games that go back and forth are also my favorite. It actually feels like you can make a difference in these games compared to lopsided matches.

I have really come to enjoy five point push maps. We really don't play them enough.

Phishposer wrote:

I have really come to enjoy five point push maps. We really don't play them enough.

This is what I said like 10 years ago!

Also people don't appreciate Freight enough, it's a great map u_u

Mex wrote:
Phishposer wrote:

I have really come to enjoy five point push maps. We really don't play them enough.

This is what I said like 10 years ago!

Also people don't appreciate Freight enough, it's a great map u_u

I will always vote for 5pt, especially Freight.

Phishposer wrote:

I have really come to enjoy five point push maps. We really don't play them enough.

I enjoy Freight and Stag, but Well and Granary are not my faves -- the mode is a mixed bag. Payload has probably been appealing to a lot of folks because the map timer is more aggressive.

I think the amount of time you get for capping the point on Well and Granary is too long. The back and forth is nice, but we were hovering at 7-9 minutes for probably half an hour.

EriktheRed wrote:
Mex wrote:
Phishposer wrote:

I have really come to enjoy five point push maps. We really don't play them enough.

This is what I said like 10 years ago!

Also people don't appreciate Freight enough, it's a great map u_u

I will always vote for 5pt, especially Freight.

After playing against you all night last night (or at least as long as I was on) I think I now understand what "Beast Mode" is.

Had a blast playing Soldier again last night (Thanks phish) Going to start playing soldier again I notice the more I play sniper the more pissy I get as I play.

I enjoyed the death march on Granary as well. Except for the fact that every time I turned around Erik was behind me.

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559835138774478629/9E91F8FEB83DC3F2ACAB71D6497B0DCA83975969/)

EriktheRed wrote:

I will always vote for 5pt, especially Freight.

Well that's because you are a classy gentleman who possesses great taste

Hey - am I way too late to get into this at a reasonable level? I just played for the first time yesterday (about 4 hours of experience so far). Just on my own, but would be good to have some better formed teamwork than a bunch of randoms. I'm not great, but finished around mid-table. Have quite a bit of previous experience in multiplayer FPSs, so the transition should be too bad!

Not sure what connectivity/timezones would be like for fellow GWJers though...

omnipherous wrote:

Hey - am I way too late to get into this at a reasonable level? I just played for the first time yesterday (about 4 hours of experience so far). Just on my own, but would be good to have some better formed teamwork than a bunch of randoms. I'm not great, but finished around mid-table. Have quite a bit of previous experience in multiplayer FPSs, so the transition should be too bad!

Not sure what conenctivity/timezones would be like for fellow GWJers though...

Never too late to jump in, in fact we love freshmeat new players! The server usually sees the most activity between 8:00-10:00 PM central time. So since you're in Scotland you might have to play at 2:00 am your time.

omnipherous wrote:

Hey - am I way too late to get into this at a reasonable level? I just played for the first time yesterday (about 4 hours of experience so far). Just on my own, but would be good to have some better formed teamwork than a bunch of randoms. I'm not great, but finished around mid-table. Have quite a bit of previous experience in multiplayer FPSs, so the transition should be too bad!

Not sure what connectivity/timezones would be like for fellow GWJers though...

Join our TF2 group if you haven't yet. Announcements are nice to have that way.

Alrighty - Can I have an Invite?

I added pl_badwater_snowy to the pub. It's badwater at night, with christmas themes and has snow so basically it may be the best map EVAR.

Gumbie wrote:

I added pl_badwater_snowy to the pub. It's badwater at night, with christmas themes and has snow so basically it may be the best map EVAR.

Ha I love the cart.

That looks pretty awesome.

It would be kind of cool if you left footprints in the snow. Well, maybe not so much for the spies.

Now that is gorgeous.

Gumbie wrote:

I added pl_badwater_snowy to the pub. It's badwater at night, with christmas themes and has snow so basically it may be the best map EVAR.

Please please please please let's play this tonight.

Archangel wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

I added pl_badwater_snowy to the pub. It's badwater at night, with christmas themes and has snow so basically it may be the best map EVAR.

Please please please please let's play this tonight.

+1, I want this to be a part of my holiday.

I'm down for snowy badwater even if I've only ever seen snow in movies, I imagine it feels like bags of sand

I've been playing robots a lot.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595863935797699434/6CB0D8769959DFCE3D7D3F337EF708BDDA57E757/)