Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

I still want to try to finish Wave 666. I think that's a fun challenge that I'm determined to work up to. Love the zombie MvM and the cool Halloween items... but not a lot of replay value on Merasmus.

Past Halloween content is also active now, no? As mentioned, this might be a chance to catch up on Monoculus or the Horseless Headless Horsemann.

Wolfen Victrocious wrote:

Gee, I'm still trying to catch up from two or three years ago. I never ended up getting the Haunted Metal from two years ago and I barely got any of the costumes from last year... this year I'm just glad there was nothing big added so that I could fall behind another year.

I think I got one outfit piece last year, no bombinomicon. The year before I only picked up one mask and got the haunted metal either offline or being incredibly lucky.

Itsatrap wrote:

Past Halloween content is also active now, no? As mentioned, this might be a chance to catch up on Monoculus or the Horseless Headless Horsemann.

Old content is now active too, and I think one of our pub servers is doing the official Halloween Mix map cycle which shuffles between the 4 event maps. They also changed the gift mechanic so that the gift boxes which spawn are private (ie. only your character can see it) which should increase the chance of finding outfit pieces (Eyeaduct) and masks (Manor) on the old maps.

I'm planning on hanging out in the mix server tonight if anyone wants to join.

Do you guys want the pub changed to the Halloween event mix?

iaintgotnopants wrote:
pgroce wrote:

Meanwhile, all the servers running normal maps are kind of interesting. Either I'm getting my clock cleaned or I'm getting a 2:1 or better K:D (which is good for me). No middle ground, I guess everyone in the middle is Bowling for Presents.

I kind of liked the server where you, me and evilseed basically won goldrush by ourselves.

:brofist:

That team was hilariously bad until you guys showed up. I had mostly been gimmick/offclassing, then you guys dropped in and we got to actually win. I wasn't paying close attention, but I think a few other people switched to combat classes when that happened, too. (Like ScoRes demo, but hey, baby steps.)

Gumbie wrote:

Do you guys want the pub changed to the Halloween event mix?

That would be great. As said before, this year's Halloween map got tired pretty quick. Playing different event maps would be neat.

The MvM server is setup on Wave 666. The server will be locked tonight with the usual password.

stansmvm.game.nfoservers.com:27015

Gumbie wrote:

The MvM server is setup on Wave 666. The server will be locked tonight with the usual password.

What's the IP for that? Also, is the same server as the "second" pub?

Edit: so apparently you get no reward for completing wave 666...

ukickmydog wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

The MvM server is setup on Wave 666. The server will be locked tonight with the usual password.

What's the IP for that? Also, is the same server as the "second" pub?

Edit: so apparently you get no reward for completing wave 666...

That's.....evil?

IP is: 74.91.120.94

Although using the DNS name means that you don't need the ip...

Gumbie wrote:

Do you guys want the pub changed to the Halloween event mix?

That would be appreciated

Gumbie wrote:

Do you guys want the pub changed to the Halloween event mix?

Plus-one. Definitely. A good number of us are pretty burned out on the current one.

Note to self: Play less TF2.

Archangel wrote:

Note to self: Play less TF2.

Incorrect answer, sir. Incorrect!

The server is currently set on the eventmix playlist and should be showing all Halloween maps for RTV. I re enabled ultimate map chooser and hopefully edited the map file to correctly include all the Halloween maps. For those who didn't hear me say it last night the way Valve currently has quickplay traffic set up is...

If you aren't running one of the Halloween sv_tags on your server (event247 or eventmix) you won't get ANY quickplay traffic until after the 8th. With that said I don't know how much of our regular (no halloween events) pub traffic is from quickplay and how much is from people using the server browser to find us. If I had to guess I would say most of it is through quickplay. If you guys want I can keep the eventmix going until next Thursday or we can try out normal map rotation and see if we get players. A side effect of having the event last so long is some players will probably be sick of it by now and will want to find servers running regular maps. Let me know what you guys think.

Also Cyranix I edited the umc_mapcycle.txt with the changes you suggested and they should go into effect after the Halloween stuff is over.

Personally I'm pretty tired of the Halloween maps. I vote for giving the normal rotation a shot and seeing what happens.

I assume there's no way for us to switch cycles without a server restart? As much as my casual self enjoys the Halloween events, I agree it gets a bit tired after an hour or so. Would've been nice to switch to a different game mode or two around 11 PM last night. Valve really needs to branch the Halloween events into other game types. While KOTH keeps the action somewhat centralized (good for the boss spawns I guess), it really makes for a stale rotation.

I'd be happy with going back to the regular rotation, and if I want to play Halloween maps I'll just quickplay to a different server. Actually, would it make more sense to just set one pub to the regular rotation, and put the other on eventmix (with RTV enabled)? Based on last night it seemed like there was more interest in the older maps (primarily Eyeaduct and Manor) than the current one.

Gumbie wrote:

Also Cyranix I edited the umc_mapcycle.txt with the changes you suggested and they should go into effect after the Halloween stuff is over.

I hope you tested it too; my suggestions are only as good as my interpretation of the documentation. But thanks much! Hopefully it makes map voting a bit nicer for everyone.

Cyranix wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Also Cyranix I edited the umc_mapcycle.txt with the changes you suggested and they should go into effect after the Halloween stuff is over.

I hope you tested it too; my suggestions are only as good as my interpretation of the documentation. But thanks much! Hopefully it makes map voting a bit nicer for everyone.

Haven't been able to test it yet because of all the Halloween stuff. Everything may go to hell in a hand basket quickly after I make the changes live.

MyBrainHz wrote:

Personally I'm pretty tired of the Halloween maps. I vote for giving the normal rotation a shot and seeing what happens.

Word, I just wanna shoot some mans

So apparently there are custom voice lines for the halloween souls / outfits. My scout was talking a lot last night about zombies and such. After I killed Brainz, my scout even said "Man, do I love Brains".

Zombie soldier apparently wants to give everyone haircuts is what I heard last night.

Is this where I post to get an invite to the TF2 group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/TodMusD

Tod MusD wrote:

Is this where I post to get an invite to the TF2 group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/TodMusD

done as well

Sparhawk wrote:
Tod MusD wrote:

Is this where I post to get an invite to the TF2 group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/TodMusD

done as well ;)

Thank you very much!

I really should by lotto tickets instead.
IMAGE(http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq97/wjones5396/2012-11-01_00001.jpg)

up for trade too.

ragin_redneck wrote:

I really should by lotto tickets instead.
IMAGE(http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq97/wjones5396/2012-11-01_00001.jpg)

up for trade too.

Sweet!

Wave 666 can suck it.

(Still had a lot of fun though - thanks guys for putting up with my crappy heavy work - but seriously, spawn-camping crit soldiers are ridiculous)

ragin_redneck wrote:

I really should by lotto tickets instead.
IMAGE(http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq97/wjones5396/2012-11-01_00001.jpg)

up for trade too.

Lantern's a sweet looking effect, too bad about the hat though

tboon wrote:

Wave 666 can suck it.

(Still had a lot of fun though - thanks guys for putting up with my crappy heavy work - but seriously, spawn-camping crit soldiers are ridiculous)

Pfft, you did great. If anything I was the weak link - I wasn't having much success repositioning the bomb as a pyro. But yeah, Wave 666, what the crap Valve? There's not even an achievement for finishing it, is there?