Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Happiness is attaching a Posthumous Kills part to your new Strange Flamethrower, then getting a perfect score on Coaltown as scout (all cash, no deaths).

You guys wanna help me start breaking in my flamethrower tomorrow night?

Wakim wrote:

I still think that might be the way to go for a tournament, you would only need 6 - 8 per team. You could play best out of 5 or 7 which would allow for interesting back and forth of strategy.

I was ready for a Tournament all summer and now for October I've got 5 PM till 1 AM classes, which till your post I was absolutely excited for since it meant no longer panicking about sleeping in too long. Oh well that seems to be my luck.

The idea of an arena tournament is intriguing. Not sure how it works but I think if we could get the team setup down it would be easier than putting together a 12v12. The matches would be short and scheduling 8 people should be simpler than 12.

EvilHomer3k wrote:

The idea of an arena tournament is intriguing. Not sure how it works but I think if we could get the team setup down it would be easier than putting together a 12v12. The matches would be short and scheduling 8 people should be simpler than 12.

yay arena tourney!

I like this idea.

My least favorite option, but will take it as there is not much else.

Redneck, you have inspired me.

ukickmydog wrote:

Redneck, you have inspired me.

Nice.

I don't know; I like arena OK as a change of pace but a tourney full of the arenas?

Now I'm sad that I don't have a signature weapon.

Minarchist wrote:

Now I'm sad that I don't have a signature weapon. :(

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/281072/Health_dead.png)

??

Minarchist wrote:

Now I'm sad that I don't have a signature weapon. :(

Haha, noob.

TF2 update incoming. No patch notes yet.

email from valve wrote:

Team Fortress 2
- Added new promo items
- Unlocked the "What's in the Sandvich Box?"
- Unlocked the "What's in the Companion Square Box?"
- Fixed a server crash related to Demoman bot AI
- Updated the Tin Pot to use the correct skin for each style
- Fixed seeing the fire texture on Gold Botkiller items in DirectX 8
- Updated the localization files
- Updated Mann vs. Machine
- Matchmaking search criteria supports selecting multiple missions
- Mann Up servers will retry notification of mission victory to game coordinator, to ensure loot is eventually granted in the case of service disruption
- Matchmaking will prevent late joining into the a server near the end of the last wave
- Added a new currency UI element to indicate money that is active in the world
- Added the tour number to the information on the scoreboard
- Fixed the Medigun overheal duration attribute causing the overheal effect to decay faster, rather than slower
- Added the ability to buy projectile penetration for the Crusader's Crossbow
- Fixed a false positive for the achievement "Clockwork Carnage"
- Added a new command "bot_hurt"
- Parameters -name [bot name], -team [red/blue/all], -damage [amount]
- Fixed the Demoman shields not saving their upgrades upon round reset
- Updated koth_king
- Reflections fixed for the floors and some glass windows
- Modified model file for the sign 6 through 9 to avoid Red signs on Blu side of the map
- Modified light pole to merge bulb and pole into a single model for perf
- Fixed location where mini-sentries can shoot through a bush without being seen
- Clipping pass
- Added glass on footbridge roof and lights nearby
- Prop reduction for perf
- Some props changed to non-solid for player mobility
- Adjusted health and ammo in various spots
- Community requests:
- Add a new server ConVar "tf_avoidteammates_pushaway" to control whether or not teammates push each other away when occupying the same space
- Add a new server ConVar "tf_arena_override_team_size" to allow server owners to set the maximum team size in arena mode

* Added the ability to buy projectile penetration for the Crusader's Crossbow

Hmm.

My connection really sucks for two days now. Getting disconnects or almost disconnects every 5 minutes in tf2, even less. Grmbl.
*boots up FTL again*

It's a Friday night, and yet, I see no mannes to shoot (or get shot by, more likely), no hattes to envy and admire. What are these games, this Torchlight and FTL and Borderlands, that they may come between us and our violent, explosive, gory ends? (And what's with all these games that end in 2 or II? I mean seriously.)

I am lonely. I hope that someone will come and beat me with a frying pan soon, or I may have to go on a Valve pub and play fourth sniper.

On the pub now with Walken. You FTL people can suck it. At least the borderlands people are shooting mannes (despite the lack of hattes).

Nine mannes shooting, wish I could be the tenth. But of course I have to get ready for work now

EvilHomer3k wrote:

On the pub now with Walken. You FTL people can suck it. At least the borderlands people are shooting mannes (despite the lack of hattes).

Not a bad night over all. Had some good moments. It was nice to see Mex back even if he was dominating me.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/09212012-Mexed_zps322840ec.jpg)

Found this kind of a creepy shot of Judge, but I hear he's a creepy old guy (like me I guess).

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/09212012-Judgecreepyeyes_zps6e4b48a3.jpg)

Took this one the other night because I was unfamiliar with the gun Ukick was using, but it's not like I haven't had thousands of opportunities for similar screenshots.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/09212012ukickgun_zps1420daa0.jpg)

I was thinking pantsonfire when I took this one.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/09212012pants_zpsfc2cfe65.jpg)

EvilHomer3k wrote:

At least the borderlands people are shooting mannes (despite the lack of hattes).

There basically are hattes.

Been busy building a new PC today from scratch (well, from parts I'd been shopping for over the past couple months). It's so new, Steam hasn't been installed yet (it's next on my list) or else I would've joined everyone tonight.

Wakim wrote:

Not a bad night over all. Had some good moments. It was nice to see Mex back even if he was dominating me.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Wakim_1/09212012-Mexed_zps322840ec.jpg)

Haha, my soldier looks like a creepy molesting uncle or something... "Come here little scout"

I was very rusty and missing rockets all over, but hannibal kept kritzing me so

What are these unlocked boxes?

FlamingPeasant wrote:

What are these unlocked boxes?

For real?
As in, get a key, uncrate it...and hope for an unusual hatte...

Sparhawk wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

What are these unlocked boxes?

For real?
As in, get a key, uncrate it...and hope for an unusual hatte...

What the? You wouldn't need a key for an unlocked box, but I have no idea what he's talking about.

Wakim wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

What are these unlocked boxes?

For real?
As in, get a key, uncrate it...and hope for an unusual hatte...

What the? You wouldn't need a key for an unlocked box, but I have no idea what he's talking about.

ohhh I think of the update. Sandvich Safe and another one.
Not sure either what that is about.

- Unlocked the "What's in the Sandvich Box?"
- Unlocked the "What's in the Companion Square Box?"
Sparhawk wrote:
Wakim wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

What are these unlocked boxes?

For real?
As in, get a key, uncrate it...and hope for an unusual hatte...

What the? You wouldn't need a key for an unlocked box, but I have no idea what he's talking about.

ohhh I think of the update. Sandvich Safe and another one.
Not sure either what that is about.

- Unlocked the "What's in the Sandvich Box?"
- Unlocked the "What's in the Companion Square Box?"

Limited promo items given to people at comic con I believe.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Ro...
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Fr...

Just ran across this on the intertubes.

Monday night = manne night. Hope to see/heal/blowup peoples on the 'ole steam machine TONIGHT.