Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Psych wrote:

I just hopped in a pub to mess around with some things, and...well. I think I need to retire from TF2 forever.

Why? Did you turn on Beast Mode?

Fxeni wrote:
Psych wrote:

I just hopped in a pub to mess around with some things, and...well. I think I need to retire from TF2 forever.

Why? Did you turn on Beast Mode?

I think I did.

I was playing spy on dustbowl part 2. I didn't die the entire time we were defending. Didn't even come close. It was unbelievable.

FYI, I turned on tourney mode and passworded the pub server in advance of tonight's match.

Hope fully I can get my ping issue sorted out. 995 ms ping was bad news bears.

I just wanna say, if someone could make a youtube video of my daughter singing with everyone, I would possibly perform favors for you. Such as doing your laundry or giving you scrap metal.

Omaha wrote:

I just wanna say, if someone could make a youtube video of my daughter singing with everyone, I would possibly perform favors for you. Such as doing your laundry or giving you scrap metal.

Seconded!

Radical Ans wrote:
Omaha wrote:

I just wanna say, if someone could make a youtube video of my daughter singing with everyone, I would possibly perform favors for you. Such as doing your laundry or giving you scrap metal.

Seconded!

Thirded!!!

I never (and I mean NEVER) watch TF2 demos through the game interface, but last night I went and figured it out just so I could see what I missed after dropping out. Thanks for sharing your daughter's cuteness with us Omaha. Since I don't have kids of my own, I really enjoy it when parents "share" the fun parts of being a parent.

Haha thanks. I wasn't sure how that would go over honestly, but you guys gave me another reason why I like hanging out here so much

The Shogun Pack.

I like being able to craft these things, even if it'll take a ridiculous amount of materials to craft them. At least the option is there.

Cower, peasants! Flee, terrified ronin! Crap in your ancient Japanese bamboo underpants, feudal warlords! For something approaches unlike anything you have ever seen! The Shogun Pack -- a collaboration between Team Fortress 2, the TF community, and Total War: Shogun 2 -- descends upon you like a rising sun! (But in reverse.)

That's right, Japan fans! Unlike other updates, The Shogun Pack represents a three-way partnership of feudal clans to depose a crooked emperor (the emperor being played in this case by "a lack of updates" for this metaphor to work). The awe-inspiring result? Eight all-new, Shogun-themed items for your head-wearing and/or neck-cleaving pleasure. And, in keeping with the three-way theme, you've got three ways to get your hands on them:

1. Pre-order Total War: Shogun 2 from Steam and get all eight items free. (You: "THAT'S INCREDIBLE!")

2. Buy all eight items in Team Fortress 2's Mann Co. Store. (You: "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!")

3. Collect all eight items through in-game item drops or crafting. (You: "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE! I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK! FROM JOY!")

Pick any one of the three to get your items! Heck, pick ALL three! (Don't actually do this. -Legal Dept.) Whatever your choice, be sure to check out The Shogun Pack!

Thusday Night Throwdown @ http://www.giantbomb.com/ today is our beloved TF2!

Pictures of all the new items here.

Do we have any idea what the new items actually do?

Spy stuff looks pretty cool.

EriktheRed wrote:

Do we have any idea what the new items actually do?

Remove money from our wallet that's what they do.

Ok so the items are already in the Manne store with descritions (in haiku form).

http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php

Looks like they actually have stats to them. Sound awesome.

What would the new medic hair look like with the plague beak? Hmm.

lol @ all the item descriptions being written in haiku

Looks like someone rebooted pub already. I'll reboot the private but don't have access to the "new" private.

The pub has crashed twice now on a map change.

FlamingPeasant wrote:

The pub has crashed twice now on a map change.

Maybe it didn't actually get rebooted? I can reboot it now if you want.

ukickmydog wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

The pub has crashed twice now on a map change.

Maybe it didn't actually get rebooted? I can reboot it now if you want.

It may very well be the case. We should probably set it to tourney mode anyways, shouldn't we?

I did reboot it right after the patch dropped.

Second patch dropped, I rebooted again.

New spy knife looks interesting. Also, I need that new spy mask.

I believe Pub should be ready to go, please check while I restart =)

I just rebooted the new private as well. So all servers should be up-to-date.

The spy and medic hat are great!

Speedhuntr wrote:

Thusday Night Throwdown @ http://www.giantbomb.com/ today is our beloved TF2!

I was able to play a few rounds before they stopped, it was so close near the end I think we could've won (or not).

They need to stop releasing weapons and just focus on maps.