Official Team Fortress 2 Game Nights (PC)

Dimmerswitch wrote:
nihilo wrote:

And my loathing for the pyro has reached new heights upon encountering the degreaser. If pyro gets the jump on you he needs only touch you with the flame, poof you and you're dead. The pyro is easily the most versatile class in TF2 on both offence and defence. Now all he needs is to be able to rocket jump.

EriktheRed, about a feature in current TF2 Betas wrote:

Oh crap....

Apparently the tradeoff is being much more vulnerable to explosive damage, which makes it a nonstarter for me.

If you can't tell, I'm smiling on the inside. Ah what the hell, I'm smiling on the outside too

Dimmerswitch wrote:
nihilo wrote:

And my loathing for the pyro has reached new heights upon encountering the degreaser. If pyro gets the jump on you he needs only touch you with the flame, poof you and you're dead. The pyro is easily the most versatile class in TF2 on both offence and defence. Now all he needs is to be able to rocket jump.

EriktheRed, about a feature in current TF2 Betas wrote:

Oh crap....

Apparently the tradeoff is being much more vulnerable to explosive damage, which makes it a nonstarter for me.

Too bad Fexy can poof damn near anything.

edit: see above

Had some good games and horrible games tonight. Had an awesome round on Badwater with Atomic as my medic, lots of crits and dominations. Good times.

On the other hand, last stage of Dustbowl was a freaking lockdown. Red had 97 for their top scorer, Blu's top scorer was 36 and we never got out of spawn. Good games on the whole, though.

That was awesome, OG and cyrax kept kritzing me and I got 98 points on that first point alone, and 8 dominations =)

Mex is the Mass Murder of Mannes. What have I done!?

Booo. I tried to craft the two crappy Monday Night Combat hats to get a random hat but the game won't let me.

Come on Valve, let me get rid of all these stupid baseball cap hats.

cyrax wrote:

Mex is the Mass Murder of Mannes. What have I done!?

You sent a baby to fight, and the baby won

That was a 17 minute hold. I don't know if it was a balance issue, we just had good healing and a well placed dispenser.

nihilo wrote:

Old vs New stuff

Yeah, there is a lot more variety which I imagine is a challenge stepping back into from a long hiatus. They have added a ton of stuff, and it is not all perfect, but I feel they have done a great job maintaining balance in the gameplay. Don't let the variety scare you off, it's still TF2.

I thought my super-quiet talk volume from Monday was because of my very old mic, but I got a new one and it still had the same problem. The only time my voice was audible was when I put my mouth about a half-inch from the mic. Insane. It's something to do with the on-board sound card it seems. I threw in an ancient PCI SoundBlaster Live and now the problem's all resolved. Good thing the new mic was only like $10.

Thanks everyone for not kicking my buddy last night. He just found out that steam came to Macs (Newly married/father whose wife and child are out of town for a week or so) so it took him a bit to get everything set up.

So...thanks for not being you.

Psych wrote:

Thanks everyone for not kicking my buddy last night. He just found out that steam came to Macs (Newly married/father whose wife and child are out of town for a week or so) so it took him a bit to get everything set up.

So...thanks for not being you.

Who was it? I need to know who to taunt after every kill. INITIATION!

ukickmydog wrote:
Psych wrote:

Thanks everyone for not kicking my buddy last night. He just found out that steam came to Macs (Newly married/father whose wife and child are out of town for a week or so) so it took him a bit to get everything set up.

So...thanks for not being you.

Who was it? I need to know who to taunt after every kill. INITIATION!

If he decides to play again I will let you know. Maybe.

Psych has friends?

I can shens.

nihilo wrote:

And my loathing for the pyro has reached new heights upon encountering the degreaser. If pyro gets the jump on you he needs only touch you with the flame, poof you and you're dead. The pyro is easily the most versatile class in TF2 on both offence and defence. Now all he needs is to be able to rocket jump.

It's worth pointing out that is a bad use of the degreaser. A good pyro would get you on fire, poof, then axestinguish you to death.

The degreaser does less afterburn damage. But allows faster weapon switches. Poohing is the same for the default.

cube wrote:
nihilo wrote:

And my loathing for the pyro has reached new heights upon encountering the degreaser. If pyro gets the jump on you he needs only touch you with the flame, poof you and you're dead. The pyro is easily the most versatile class in TF2 on both offence and defence. Now all he needs is to be able to rocket jump.

It's worth pointing out that is a bad use of the degreaser. A good pyro would get you on fire, poof, then axestinguish you to death.

The degreaser does less afterburn damage. But allows faster weapon switches. Poohing is the same for the default.

I think we're saying the same thing. I left out the axetinguisher part because I thought it was implied.

The poofer is a great tool for the pyro and I'm happy he has it - the class is more interesting with the additional tool. However, I do think that the poofer's range needs to be reduced and it shouldn't pop players so far up into the air.

The range on the poofer seems awfully big. Though I suspect that partially because of lag, as a scout I've been poofed and immobilized by a pyro after I had thought I had gotten away. The poofer range certainly reaches further than melee, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it medium range.

Psych wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:
Psych wrote:

Thanks everyone for not kicking my buddy last night. He just found out that steam came to Macs (Newly married/father whose wife and child are out of town for a week or so) so it took him a bit to get everything set up.

So...thanks for not being you.

Who was it? I need to know who to taunt after every kill. INITIATION!

If he decides to play again I will let you know. Maybe.

Poor guy looked a little lost, he kept getting killed... Then again he picked a demoman to start with, it's a pretty hard class to play specially when you're starting out, I'd recommend at least a heavy or something like that.

The poofer is the most overpowered thing in the game. It has too much range, poofs people too high (and in ways that really wouldn't work), has way too short of a reload time, and is way too lenient with timing.

Nerf the Pyro!

I hate you bastards. Shooting my rockets back at me, cmon.

Also ruins ubers with only one right click, which is kind of what turned me off medic... I'm fine with the other changes because it takes some skill, but it shouldn't affect ubers unless the pyro was ubered too or something.

nihilo wrote:
cube wrote:
nihilo wrote:

And my loathing for the pyro has reached new heights upon encountering the degreaser. If pyro gets the jump on you he needs only touch you with the flame, poof you and you're dead. The pyro is easily the most versatile class in TF2 on both offence and defence. Now all he needs is to be able to rocket jump.

It's worth pointing out that is a bad use of the degreaser. A good pyro would get you on fire, poof, then axestinguish you to death.

The degreaser does less afterburn damage. But allows faster weapon switches. Poohing is the same for the default.

I think we're saying the same thing. I left out the axetinguisher part because I thought it was implied.

The poofer is a great tool for the pyro and I'm happy he has it - the class is more interesting with the additional tool. However, I do think that the poofer's range needs to be reduced and it shouldn't pop players so far up into the air.

The range on the poofer seems awfully big. Though I suspect that partially because of lag, as a scout I've been poofed and immobilized by a pyro after I had thought I had gotten away. The poofer range certainly reaches further than melee, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it medium range.

Yeah, I still don't like the idea that a pyro can poof someone who is running away from them and it slows them down. Instead of 'the poofer' it should be called 'you are now my bitch.'

EvilHomer3k wrote:

The poofer is the most overpowered thing in the game. It has too much range, poofs people too high (and in ways that really wouldn't work), has way too short of a reload time, and is way too lenient with timing.

W+M2: the new easy button?

Really though, I think people are underestimating how much skill is required to use the poofer effectively.

Psych wrote:

Instead of 'the poofer' it should be called 'you are now my bitch.'

You just described Fxeni's relationship towards me.

Itsatrap wrote:
EvilHomer3k wrote:

The poofer is the most overpowered thing in the game. It has too much range, poofs people too high (and in ways that really wouldn't work), has way too short of a reload time, and is way too lenient with timing.

W+M2: the new easy button?

Really though, I think people are underestimating how much skill is required to use the poofer effectively.

Yes. As someone who regularly plays pyro a lot, I still cannot get the hang of effectively using the poofer. which is why I don't use it. I also enjoy seeing my teammates on fire and their screams when they plead for me to "poof them out". It makes me cackle every time.

Nightmare wrote:
Itsatrap wrote:
EvilHomer3k wrote:

The poofer is the most overpowered thing in the game. It has too much range, poofs people too high (and in ways that really wouldn't work), has way too short of a reload time, and is way too lenient with timing.

W+M2: the new easy button?

Really though, I think people are underestimating how much skill is required to use the poofer effectively.

Yes. As someone who regularly plays pyro a lot, I still cannot get the hang of effectively using the poofer. which is why I don't use it. I also enjoy seeing my teammates on fire and their screams when they plead for me to "poof them out". It makes me cackle every time.

Are you talking about the difficulty of reflecting projectiles, or the difficulty of poofing enemies? Because while I can see reflecting projectiles is hard (though some on Stans are way too good at it), I don't think poofing someone into the air is all that hard.

edit: And do reflected rockets really need to be minicrits? The pyro has already negated all of my damage against him, should he get to do more damage back at me with my rocket too?

nihilo wrote:

edit: And do reflected rockets really need to be minicrits? The pyro has already negated all of my damage against him, should he get to do more damage back at me with my rocket too?

Yes, yes they do.

Ok that's it! Next set of weapons need the opposite of poofing.

Don't know which class gets it but it should include:
- increased damage melee weapon + some weird drawback
- a MAGNET to pull a player to you but otherwise do no damage
- a shield (or mirror) to reduce (reflect) damage taken while pulling someone

When used on enemy, fails on ubered opponent.
When used on a teammate they cannot be poofed (can still be bonked)

Are reflected pipe bombs minicrits? Reflected arrows?

FlamingPeasant wrote:

Nerf the Pyro!

I hate you bastards. Shooting my rockets back at me, cmon.

I think you might have been the recipient of my very first ever rocket reflect kill, so thanks for that.

nihilo wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Itsatrap wrote:
EvilHomer3k wrote:

The poofer is the most overpowered thing in the game. It has too much range, poofs people too high (and in ways that really wouldn't work), has way too short of a reload time, and is way too lenient with timing.

W+M2: the new easy button?

Really though, I think people are underestimating how much skill is required to use the poofer effectively.

Yes. As someone who regularly plays pyro a lot, I still cannot get the hang of effectively using the poofer. which is why I don't use it. I also enjoy seeing my teammates on fire and their screams when they plead for me to "poof them out". It makes me cackle every time.

Are you talking about the difficulty of reflecting projectiles, or the difficulty of poofing enemies? Because while I can see reflecting projectiles is hard (though some on Stans are way too good at it), I don't think poofing someone into the air is all that hard.

edit: And do reflected rockets really need to be minicrits? The pyro has already negated all of my damage against him, should he get to do more damage back at me with my rocket too?

Sure, randomly poofing someone is easy. Effectively poofing someone I find much harder. Reflecting projectiles is way out of my league.