DayZ - ArmaII zombie mod

I see that the latest DayZCommander now has Lingor AND Takistan as install options - wonder how many unofficial maps we're going to end up with!?

omnipherous wrote:

I see that the latest DayZCommander now has Lingor AND Takistan as install options - wonder how many unofficial maps we're going to end up with!?

I've seen some vids for Utes as well.

Someone has been working on porting DayZ to Taviana as well:

Keep getting kicked. Can't tell why. I do get the 3d cfg error on starting.
I've been killed on login once, killed by zombies once, and except for a box of matches and a compass, I'm back up to nearly functional team member again.
Might hit vent this weekend.

Are you getting kicked for signature file not matching errors? This seems to be happening to me for some reason.

Had a pretty successful night today. I lost all my gear to the debug plains last night, but I managed to gear up again with Redhawk's help. I collected a bunch of car parts and stashed them in his UAZ, then we lucked out and found another car. Not sure if it was a fresh spawn or if it had been disabled in a firefight, but it wasn't on at a spawn location marked on http://map.dayzlingor.de/

At one point, we heard the chopper flying over us, so unless there is more than one chopper like on Takistan, some other guys have beat us to it. In any case, I managed to repair the other vehicle and also figured out a nifty anti-theft measure for it as well.

I've been thinking more about gear storage lately. For now, I keep spare guns in the tents, but all the spare ammo goes in the car or distant tent. I'm hoping this will reduce the incentive to for people to steal guns, particularly guns which use rare ammo. Also, it could prevent other players from looting your car while you are gathering supplies and using your own guns against you.

Redhwk wrote:

I move in to a better ambush position and then sit and wait for his return, and return he did. I greeted him with 27 rounds of AKM on full auto and take him down, loot the body and pick up a M-16 ACOG and magazines and a toolbox.

http://servers.vigilantaddiction.com...

Also, I wonder if this was the guy you killed. And it seems the VA guys have a Teamspeak. Maybe we can get in on that if it and work out an arrangement with them.

Ghostship wrote:

Keep getting kicked. Can't tell why. I do get the 3d cfg error on starting.
I've been killed on login once, killed by zombies once, and except for a box of matches and a compass, I'm back up to nearly functional team member again.
Might hit vent this weekend.

Have you tried remaking your ".bat" file? Wait, we are talking about Lingor right? I was geting nowhere until I remade the command-line in my .bat (got it off a site I now have bookmarked). Bug me if you see me on Vent (even if I'm not in the DayZ channel).

Yeah I was thinking about getting on their TS server. With the name tags on I know for sure that it was Brian that I killed at the old Dutch Castle the other night.

Well, name tags are off now, as is map markers showing up in the 3d HUD, 3rd person, 3d HUD crosshairs, and map position viewing of yourself.

GPS is useful now. Very useful.

Trecking around for a couple hours this morning in darkness with GWJ on, found 2 crashed choppers, FAL with 5 mags now in my tent.

AS50 in backpack of this toon with M16 ACoG and M9 SD.

Other toon with M249 and M107.

Just found someone's camp, nothin in their tent but they had a repaired and fueled ATV. Nice. Was in east side of far far NE island, the one across the huge bridges. Gonna see about driving it down to north island and parkin it in deep in the woods when i get back on then using it for some adventuring tomorrow morning my time during the night again.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

Have you tried remaking your ".bat" file? Wait, we are talking about Lingor right? I was geting nowhere until I remade the command-line in my .bat (got it off a site I now have bookmarked). Bug me if you see me on Vent (even if I'm not in the DayZ channel).

Do you have a link handy for this .bat? I've been starting the game manually for a while but I am wondering which options to start the game with for best results.

Also, regarding setting up your own private hive:

http://dayzprivate.com/ - Link to original bliss code that most hives are based on afaik.
http://www.tunngle.net/community/top... - easy installer

Has the hacking cleared up in this yet or still a mess?

There's a partially repaired hatchback South West of Lopatino on US 2883.
I managed to get two tires a windscreen and some scrap metal on it.

Had to log. Rowing practice early tomorrow morning.

Ghostship wrote:

There's a partially repaired hatchback South West of Lopatino on US 2883.
I managed to get two tires a windscreen and some scrap metal on it.

So what does it still need?
Is it at that house in the middle of the field?
I'm up in that area but haven't scavenged any auto parts.
I've found a couple vehicles on various servers. Have them documented in DayZ Commander but need to get a small team to do some raiding and gather parts. Don't want to sacrifice ammo and survival gear for space.
Also not sure if any will survive server reboots. I saved them when I found them but dunno if that matters.

krev82 wrote:

Has the hacking cleared up in this yet or still a mess?

The private hive servers (like Vigilant Addiction) are mostly free of hackers as far as I know.

Ghostship wrote:

There's a partially repaired hatchback South West of Lopatino on US 2883.
I managed to get two tires a windscreen and some scrap metal on it.

Hop on vent sometime and I can give you the coordinates of some tents with spare parts stashed in them. You can also find lots of parts at the factory a few km NW of Solzinichy at 114,78. If you don't find what you need, you can server hop a few times to get more parts. I believe US 1707 saves servers and there are probably a few more that do if they have patch 1.7.2.6. I also have a repaired Ural hidden somewhere, but it's been about a week and it may be gone.

Tried to server hop and got killed on login on one.
Not sure if blessing or curse.
Respawned in Elektro. Lots of car parts, though no engine parts, which I had on me when killed.
That hatchback, while still there on that server, is unrepaired as yet.

Once I get back up there, all it should need is engine parts.

Ghostship wrote:

Tried to server hop and got killed on login on one.
Not sure if blessing or curse.

I logged out in the Elektro power plant tower, logged back in the next evening facing another player. He shot me. I filled him with bullets.

Hope wasn't you...

I stopped server hopping in populated areas for that reason. It seems safest to log off in the woods, with some distance between you and any foliage to avoid getting debugged.

Not me. When I get killed on login, it's debug plains.
I've problems with being kicked recently. Not sure why, unless they don't like your gamma settings being high.
When I get kicked I don't have control over where my toon is, and if he's clipping with geometry.

Sometimes it just happens.
I've been killed by that more than by other players.

Ghostship wrote:

Not me. When I get killed on login, it's debug plains.
I've problems with being kicked recently. Not sure why, unless they don't like your gamma settings being high.
When I get kicked I don't have control over where my toon is, and if he's clipping with geometry.

Sometimes it just happens.
I've been killed by that more than by other players.

I've died several times to this bug and lost a lot of equipment and good placement. This plus cheaters has drawn me to stop playing for almost a month now. I want to keep playing though...

hannibals wrote:
Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

Have you tried remaking your ".bat" file? Wait, we are talking about Lingor right? I was geting nowhere until I remade the command-line in my .bat (got it off a site I now have bookmarked). Bug me if you see me on Vent (even if I'm not in the DayZ channel).

Do you have a link handy for this .bat? I've been starting the game manually for a while but I am wondering which options to start the game with for best results.

Also, regarding setting up your own private hive:

http://dayzprivate.com/ - Link to original bliss code that most hives are based on afaik.
http://www.tunngle.net/community/top... - easy installer

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87240-how-to-get-lingor-to-run-when-youre-always-kicked-for-content-that-has-been-deleted-like-brg-africa-or-chn-crocodile-six-updater-tutorial/

and a little farther down that thread:

HOW TO INSTALL LINGOR ON STEAM IN 5 EASY STEPS (asuming you have a working dayz installation already)

1 > Download the above mentioned Lingor FULL, NOT UPDATE, version required (torrent or download) 500+ mb size
2 > Extract the two folder in the downloaded file (@dayz_lingor & @dayz_lingor_island), to your Arma II OA folder (if you havent already, copy the AddOns folder from Arma II to Arma II OA folder)
3 > Make sure DayZ, Arma II OA beta & Lingor is the correct version, according to server requirements, else update them or downgrade beta proberly
4 > Create a .bat file in Arma II OA folder containing:
start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZ_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island; -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy

(if you dont know how to create .bat = create a text dokument, paste the code in and save it as "DayZ Lingor.bat" remeber .bat and not .txt, should show as a small cogwheel icon)
5 > Execute the .bat file and you should get into the DayZ Lingor menu, now double check all versions before going to multiplayer and connecting

That hatchback on 2883 only needs some engine parts and one wheel.
Someone here should get it. I'm not sure I can survive finding engine parts right now.
The time it will take me to get some food in inventory may see that car go to someone else.

Ghostship wrote:

That hatchback on 2883 only needs some engine parts and one wheel.
Someone here should get it.

I'm jumping on now [about 7:30pm pacific time]
I've got a line on some car parts nearby and will try to round them up.
If anyone's around, meet me in Vent.
Will probably be on for about an hour or so.

Hey Fuzz, I have a motorcycle parked about 20m west of your northern tent. Just an FYI didn't want you to think someone else had found the site.

Found a helo crash just after logging on today, added 2x M-14 AIM and a FAL with 2xmags to Hannibal and his buds UAZ.

Headed on north on my motorbike stopping at the northwest airfield, found but passed on a M240 in the barracks as I didn't have room to haul it to the bike since I was carrying two rifles already. Should have dumped the M-14 AIM I was carrying into the bike before heading down but didn't want to risk getting in a shootout and only having the M4 SD available. To far to run back to where I parked and then back down. I really need to get familiar with the M9SD, I just don't trust it at this point and can't give up the M4 SD when I'm trying to stay sneaky.

Made it to the prison and looks like folks had been farming the it most of the day by the ton of gear piled outside of each of the barracks. Rolled in with a full kit again but this time I dumped the M-14 AIM for a DMR Ran back to the tent to drop it off and ran back in hopes of getting the AIM back, instead I walked out with a range finder instead. First one that I've found.

Somebody got the hatchback.
I had to make a real world value call this morning. Spent 15 minutes too long going in the NW Airfield barracks. Got a DMR, my first sniper rifle. Nobody was on the server, I wanted to loot the rest of the AF, but I need to start work. I was chagrined. Harumph, responsibility.

There are two unrepaired four wheelers on top of Klen, in US 2914. Be careful though. Somebody's watching them, and players on the server have clan tags.
Needless to say I got my well equipped toon killed going for parts in Krasnostav. It had to be a snipe. There was no zombie activity in town. There's no line of sight that makes sense.

I guess I should start asking in group chat, "how did you get me?". Not that anyone would give away their methods and position.

This game makes me even more certain that I don't want to go to war. I'd be dead so fast.

Saw an interesting tent technique today.

Two tents set up over each other. One slightly crossways so just the corners stick out, and it's a bit to one end. One tent is empty, one is loaded. Probably saves about 25% of tent visits from looters.

First test run the other night of my DMR, ending VA Punishers 1k+ zombie kill streak. Culmination of 15 minutes worth of stalking from various points around the Prison.

I really, really miss playing this game. There's really no other experience like it, but because of the hacking I'm gonna wait for the stand alone.

Gumbie wrote:

I really, really miss playing this game. There's really no other experience like it, but because of the hacking I'm gonna wait for the stand alone.

Here here. Probably the best game experience I have had all year and I can't wait for the stand alone as well. I miss playing with everyone when there were 5-10 of us.

I'm all in once the game isn't (a) subject to nuts hacking, and (b) vulnerable/exploitable via server hopping to avoid consequences/difficulties.