NCAA13 BCS (XBox 360) League Discussion (1 Spot Open)

Here at MSU we bribe our players with booze and bitches.

Time for a little "Ole Ball Coach" Football at South Carolina.

I like it. A 3 team Big Ten, 3 Team Big East, and a 3 team Big 12 I would say. That last one is tough to place as to where it should go.

Conference Landscape (Draft)

NCAA13 BCS League Members (12/12):

Big East
Kush15 (Rutgers, 3-star)
Leroyog (Cincinnati, 3-star)
ZellbrigeN26 (West Virginia, 4-star)
____________________________________
Big 10
Willhouse4078 (Michigan State, 4-star)
Gdawg27 (Northwestern, 3-star)
Firesloth (Iowa, 4-star)
____________________________________
SEC
Shag26 (Georgia Tech, 4-star)
Coolbeans (Tennessee, 4-star)
SpyNavy (South Carolina, 4-star)
____________________________________
Big 12
Jayhawker (SMU, 3-star)
TheCounselor (Texas A&M, 4-star)
Bill Bonney (UCLA, 2-star)
________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts? I think this looks pretty good as far as school location/prestige. Conferences are TBD.

*EDIT*
I added Conferences

So guess what: NO ADVANCING FROM THE WEB (Unless you buy the "Season Ticket".)

Stay Classy EASport!!!! And by Stay Classy, I mean the OTHER Ron Burgundy quote.

We will be rolling from the Kushnier household this year. I have a vacation from July 27-Aug 3. We'll have to make plans, as I am not going to bring the XBox with me........................as of now

I recommend 4 team divisions so you get a good balance. 2 on one side, 2 on the other.

Kush15 wrote:

So guess what: NO ADVANCING FROM THE WEB (Unless you buy the "Season Ticket".)

Stay Classy EASport!!!! And by Stay Classy, I mean the OTHER Ron Burgundy quote.

We will be rolling from the Kushnier household this year. I have a vacation from July 27-Aug 3. We'll have to make plans, as I am not going to bring the XBox with me........................as of now 8-)

Well, that's pretty raw. But I think we will manage.

Conferences look like we planned them that way when we picked our teams.

Kush15 wrote:

So guess what: NO ADVANCING FROM THE WEB (Unless you buy the "Season Ticket".)

Stay Classy EASport!!!! And by Stay Classy, I mean the OTHER Ron Burgundy quote.

We will be rolling from the Kushnier household this year. I have a vacation from July 27-Aug 3. We'll have to make plans, as I am not going to bring the XBox with me........................as of now 8-)

They'll sell you a $3 DLC to be able to do that. Maybe we can have a fund drive...

Leroyog wrote:

I recommend 4 team divisions so you get a good balance. 2 on one side, 2 on the other.

I figured with 4, we could get 2 major HvH bowl games. Granted, we leave 1 tier with 1 human, and 1 tier with 2, but we're going to constantly rotate, so we can get different conference championship games.

With that said, I am going to flip a coin, for the most part, to decide who gets to be in a tier by themselves. Bonney and Gdawg will be in a tier to themselves due to their prestige. A coin will be flipped by Shag to see who rooms with Zellbrige. And I will flip a coin to decide who rooms together in the SEC.

firesloth wrote:

They'll sell you a $3 DLC to be able to do that. Maybe we can have a fund drive...

Is it $3? I might be able to swing that. Maybe we will have simming from the site after all. Stay tuned!

We flipped coins, and Shag will be alone on one side of the SEC, and I will be alone on one side of the Big East.

Yes, I know, we were the ones flipping the coins, but we did it honestly (Shag guessed right on two flips, and I guessed right on my one).

The other side of that is that we will have tougher teams on our half of the conference. Next season, we will place the runner up in his own division. (IE, Between Cincy/UWV, whoever finishes lower this season will be alone on one side next year)

Yeah, the DLC is here: Week Advance Anywhere for 240 MS points.

Pretty lame that they make you pay for that...

firesloth wrote:

Yeah, the DLC is here: Week Advance Anywhere for 240 MS points.

Pretty lame that they make you pay for that...

Kush,

I may have some spare M$ points you can use. I will let you know when I get home.

Whats our projected start day and whose rosters will we use

We could jettison teams in those conferences, which gets everyone in the same division, like the Big 12. We lose those conference championship games, but avoid possible situations where teams don't get scheduled, since conference schedules are locked.

Just a thought.

Jayhawker wrote:

We could jettison teams in those conferences, which gets everyone in the same division, like the Big 12. We lose those conference championship games, but avoid possible situations where teams don't get scheduled, since conference schedules are locked.

Just a thought.

+1

Leroyog wrote:

Whats our projected start day and whose rosters will we use

We are still two weeks away (roughly). I am sure by then, someone will come up with a good roster list and we will use that one.

Coolness. I will try and finish dragons dogma by then. Great game so far

willhouse4078 wrote:

Here at MSU we bribe our players with booze and bitches.

Oh yeah? Well, at SMU we turned our locker room into a strip club.

IMAGE(http://mit.zenfs.com/214/2011/08/SMU-Locker-Room-Wide.jpg)

Kush15 wrote:

Conference Landscape (Draft)

NCAA13 BCS League Members (12/12):

Big East
Kush15 (Rutgers, 3-star)
Leroyog (Cincinnati, 3-star)
ZellbrigeN26 (West Virginia, 4-star)
____________________________________
Big 10
Willhouse4078 (Michigan State, 4-star)
Gdawg27 (Northwestern, 3-star)
Firesloth (Iowa, 4-star)
____________________________________
SEC
Shag26 (Georgia Tech, 4-star)
Coolbeans (Tennessee, 4-star)
SpyNavy (South Carolina, 4-star)
____________________________________
Big 12
Jayhawker (SMU, 3-star)
TheCounselor (Texas A&M, 4-star)
Bill Bonney (UCLA, 2-star)
________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts? I think this looks pretty good as far as school location/prestige. Conferences are TBD.

*EDIT*
I added Conferences

Great. I'm in the same division as Spy. Well, maybe I'll win a game if the other person doesn't show up...

At least he isn't super team Colts this time :p

shag26 wrote:
Leroyog wrote:

Whats our projected start day and whose rosters will we use

We are still two weeks away (roughly). I am sure by then, someone will come up with a good roster list and we will use that one.

@FairdaleKings wrote:

ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, SEC and Top 25 are done!!!

He's got a ways to go, but should have it done. I've been using PastaPadre's, and it seems fine. Kansas and SMU both look fine. Regardless, there will be one for us to use.

My only preference is that we avoid rosters like OS is doing where they edit the ratings. I don't trust those kids not to dork up the ratings. The default ratings may not be perfect, but they are at least fairly done.

Leroyog wrote:

At least he isn't super team Colts this time :p

Well, he does have the highest rated team in our OD, and in the conference with the highest rated prestige.

Jayhawker wrote:
Leroyog wrote:

At least he isn't super team Colts this time :p

Well, he does have the highest rated team in our OD, and in the conference with the highest rated prestige.

Do I really? I figured Michigan State and West Virginia were higher. I picked a 4 star school in the SEC and I like ole Spurrier. I wanted to dabble with Miami, but they were rated too high. They are actually a worse team, but prestige wise they are higher. If they are too high I can change. Let me know because I have started practicing with them.

Kush15 wrote:

No 5-star or 6-star schools (See: NCAA13 School Ratings)
League start date: Tentatively Monday, July 23rd

I am giving everyone the ok to sign contracts with 6-star schools, after Season II is completed, if you get the offer.

Also, I'm going to warn owners: Be careful which schools you run the score up on. I don't mind if someone goes out and drubs Akron 68-3. If I see someone beating a 5-6 star school and scoring 60+ points, I will start turning up the sliders for the CPU. Also, if I see the XBox losing every time by large margins, I will do the same. I want to make this league as realistic as possible, while keeping it competitive.

after looking over some of the teams, I want to change to the Tar Heels. Already been there done that with WVU

As for sliders, I have been playing around with them too. Player Min Speed is at a 30. It was at this level that I first noticed a difference between a DT and a RB running laterally. So sad.

I'm going to give Jayhawker's a run and see what I can find.

I found roughing QB too high in JayHawker's. Otherwise they feel fine...but I haven't tested in depth.

firesloth wrote:

I found roughing QB too high in JayHawker's. Otherwise they feel fine...but I haven't tested in depth.

Yeah, that's a tough one. There are a lot of factors there. I do like to see one or two a game, though. But even at 60 it was constant.

My main goal was to get a reasonable overall number. I saw one guy boosted facemasks to make up for the lack of defensive pass interference.

But at 50, I was getting zero roughing the passer calls. It's touchy slider. I wish pass interference was as touchy, though.

I give 2 thumbs way up for Very Slow speed. I feel like I can go through more than 2 reads without looking for a running lane or to throw it away.

I definitely recommend lower kick power and accuracy. If you have a 90 kick power, you shouldn't be able to kick it to the back of the endzone with no wind

Yeah, that's a tough one. There are a lot of factors there. I do like to see one or two a game, though. But even at 60 it was constant.

My main goal was to get a reasonable overall number. I saw one guy boosted facemasks to make up for the lack of defensive pass interference.

Yeah, but when the camera swings away, it's too hard to know what your D-lineman was doing. Penalties are okay...but cheap ones suck. I had it at 55 and got *two* in a row, even when I was using an LB to cover the HB. For a 15 yard penalty, that's too much.

Also, there's some discussion at OS about on-line games having a problem wherein the D-line is very susceptible to fake snap calls by the offense. That might need to be turned down, or we'll all be playing that on conservative. I haven't noticed much about that in my games so far, but I'm playing offline (and haven't really been trying).