Steam Summer Sale 2012 Gift-All

Garden Ninja wrote:
Archangel wrote:
brouhaha wrote:

I'm hoping Pyro Cycling Manager 2012 goes on sale.

Yes please.

So... TF2: Spreadsheet Edition?

I approve this.

I'm hoping Krater goes on sale. I've been jonesing for a party-based RPG, and even with reports of some initial quirks moving from beta to release, I'm still looking forward to trying it out.

Prozac wrote:

Grubber started spreading the love and sent LA Noire my way.

De nada, really. I got a copy for free for pre-ordering Max Payne 3 and Santa Prozac had it on his wishlist. Plus, it's essentially an adventure game, so everything seemed to align perfectly.

Remember folks, keep your wishlists updated!

merphle wrote:
Garden Ninja wrote:
Archangel wrote:
brouhaha wrote:

I'm hoping Pyro Cycling Manager 2012 goes on sale.

Yes please.

So... TF2: Spreadsheet Edition?

I approve this.

I thought that was what the hard core traders were already playing...

Cobble wrote:
hbi2k wrote:
Parallax Abstraction wrote:
Cobble wrote:

In preparation of the summer sale giveawayfest anyone want "Cthulu Saves the World" or "Breath of Death VII"?

I have codes for these too if anyone wants them. I got free copies with Penny Arcade Episode 3 but I already own them.

I'll take one if they haven't all been claimed. Thanks!

sent you a steam invite. I will gift you the games once you accept

You are a mensch among menschen. Thanks!

[size=10]*not sure if "menschen" is the plural of "mensch"*[/size]

One that's been on my wishlist for a while now is Saints Row: The Third. 25% would set that hook.

Mantid wrote:
merphle wrote:
Garden Ninja wrote:
Archangel wrote:
brouhaha wrote:

I'm hoping Pyro Cycling Manager 2012 goes on sale.

Yes please.

So... TF2: Spreadsheet Edition?

I approve this.

I thought that was what the hard core traders were already playing...

Manneconomy Manager 1958

Anyone know whether Pro Cycling Manager includes hiring steroid/masking agent chemists for the team? That's something that I could get behind, especially if I could somehow port them over to Blood Bowl.

My wishlist includes:

Fall of the Samurai
Alan Wake
Space Marine
Saints Row 3
Witcher 2
25 percent off Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (probably won't happen but maybe)
25 percent off Civ V Gods & Kings

Do you guys think some of the DLC for the various free-to-play MMOs will go on sale? If the DDO Underdark expansion goes on sale, I'll probably pull the trigger.

If history repeats (and history has proven that it does), then the recently released games like SOASE: R and Civ 5 expansion won't be given discounts. Which I actually think is a smart move considering the fact that it would probably annoy a lot of people who only recently bought it.

jdzappa wrote:

Do you guys think some of the DLC for the various free-to-play MMOs will go on sale? If the DDO Underdark expansion goes on sale, I'll probably pull the trigger.

That came out this week. I'd be surprised if that went on sale.

BlackSabre wrote:

If history repeats (and history has proven that it does), then the recently released games like SOASE: R and Civ 5 expansion won't be given discounts. Which I actually think is a smart move considering the fact that it would probably annoy a lot of people who only recently bought it.

Good point - I may have to wait until the winter sale. Then again, I have lots and lots of stuff on my pile already.

There are a few I'm interested in:
Resident Evil: Raccoon City
D&D DaggerDale (in 4 D?)
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Trine 2
Saints Row 3
Rayman Origins
Stacking
Alice Madness Returns
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Ridge Racer Unbound

Not nearly as many on the list as previous sales but these big events are always intriguing.

I'm ready to spend maybe 20 this year. I didn't get everything last year so we shall see....

hbi2k wrote:

[size=10]*not sure if "menschen" is the plural of "mensch"*[/size]

It is indeed the plural, at least in the original German. Not sure how it works when Anglicized or in Yiddish.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of American Nightmare. Played the original Alan Wake, and I'm itching for more.

soonerjudd wrote:

Played the original Alan Wake, and I'm itching for more.

Could be fleas. You should probably check for fleas.

I had no internet connection for 10 months, starting last August 1st. I've been holding myself back for the Steam sale. I'm afraid I may go a bit nuts.

I'm already whetting my appetite since Deus Ex: Human Ventcrawling went on 75% sale. I got the one with all the extra stuff, and I don't even know what the hell the extra stuff was.

This does not bode well for the Steam sales.

BUT LET THEM BEGIN!

(feel free to photoshop that baby "for the horde!" picture into a baby "for the SALE" picture, and insert here...cause I never shopped no shoops before).

Hmmm. 75% off LA Noire just now - is it worth £4.99? is the DLC worth another £2.24 on top of that?

I've been hankering for a point'n'click detective-y adventure for a while, but nothing recent seems to fit the bill - could this be an alternative?

Surely i'm not going to start the madness BEFORE the SSS even begins??

I think the major ones I'm interested in are Walking Dead and maybe Witcher 2 if it goes below $15. Probably some indies for crazy cheap too.

The nice part about having been through all these Steam sales before is that I already have 90% of what they wind up putting on sale. It makes it so much easier on the wallet.

BlackSabre wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:

Played the original Alan Wake, and I'm itching for more.

Could be fleas. You should probably check for fleas.

Wasn't me.

Chaz wrote:

The nice part about having been through all these Steam sales before is that I already have 90% of what they wind up putting on sale. It makes it so much easier on the wallet.

Depends how you think about it, short term vs long term.

Saints Row the Third and The Witcher 2 would both be great games to pick up on a sale. I enjoyed both of these at full price, and if they get some sale love, pick these things up.

I'm on the lookout for The Walking Dead, or a Dawn of War 2 sale. Or anything really.

These are indeed exciting times for anyone who still hasn't bought Mass Effect 1 or 2/Dragon Age Origins or 2/Dead Space 1 or 2 (well I haven't bought 2, but that's coz I'm chickensh*t)/Left 4 Dead 1 or 2/Portal 1 or 2/all of the Elder Scrolls games/all of the GTA games/all of the MW games/all of the Fallout games/ ...I don't need to go on, do I.

For the rest of? Er, well, there's that indie game that wasn't included in the Humble Bundle. I hear it was left out for a reason, though.

I've still got Garshasp from a previous sale 'prize'. I guess it says something that I've been chewing through my pile and haven't been bored enough to unwrap it.

omnipherous wrote:

Hmmm. 75% off LA Noire just now - is it worth £4.99? is the DLC worth another £2.24 on top of that?

I've been hankering for a point'n'click detective-y adventure for a while, but nothing recent seems to fit the bill - could this be an alternative?

Surely i'm not going to start the madness BEFORE the SSS even begins??

Yes it is, yes it is, yes it could, and yes you are.

I'm hoping for

An ARMA package with Day Z
Civilization 5 + Expansion Bundle (or at least cheap Civ 5)
Dear Esther (only £6.99 now but, you know)

Or I might just screw it and buy Endless Space full price.

Enabled. My pile hates you already.

but, thanks!

Oh crap! I haven't even played through most of the games I got in the last sale! At this point I'm pretty much doing what hoarding pirates do, only, you know, I'm paying for the games...

shoptroll wrote:

Since we're giving away stuff already, I took a look in my inventory yesterday. If anyone (ie. non-Coffee Gridners) wants them I have the following available:

Half-Life 2
The Ship
Super Meat Boy
Cogs

Send me a PM to claim them. Thanks!

Huh. Just checked what games I have in the gift bank and I seem to have HL2 and portal. PM me if ya want one.

Rayman Origins

I never thought about buying this for the PC... Interesting... My kids would love it but my XBox is a little twitchy lately so I haven't been buying any games for it. Anyone know if it plays well on PC? If I get a X360 controller wireless dongle for the PC can I run 4 controllers through it? Or do I need 4 dongles for 4 controllers?