Steam Summer Sale 2012 Gift-All

Mantid handing out games like delicious candy! Cave Story+? Don't mind if I do... thank ye sir!

Deus Ex:HR? Thanks, Mantid!

Mantid got me too, with F3AR.

What a sneaky little bug, saving gifts for after the sale.

Mantid is Patient Zero for the SteamZombieOcalypse! I got gifted a copy of Eufloria, which is eating my brains as we speak. Thanks, oh jumpy preying one!

A big thanks to everyone who gifted me games:
The Void (Archangel)
Binding of Isaac Collection (Toddland)
Stacking (Bonus Eruptus)
Recettear (Minarchist)
Far Cry 2 (Bonus Eruptus)
Gal Civ II (a friend not on GWJ)
Space Pirates And Zombies (furtivespy)
Secret of the Magic Crystals (furtivespy)

And to those who received my gifts:
Portal 2 (momgamer, passed along I think, though)
Waves (Strangeblades)
Star Wars: KOTOR (Mixolyde)
Puzzle Agent (duckilama)
Thief: Deadly Shadows (Dimmerswitch)
Thief: Gold (Archangel)
Amnesia (Bonus Eruptus)

And to me, for receiving my gifts to myself, which I also appreciated:
The Blackwell Bundle
CKII DLC Combo
SpaceChem

Yay summer sale!! Looking back, I don't think I've bought any games since the winter sale. I guess that's a good thing, as I have way too many good games to play already :-). Just playing through the Witcher (1) right now.

Wow, Mantid is going nuts! Thanks for Stacking!

Is this a precursor to a barrage of Magic Crystal gifts from Mantid? Is he trying to lull us into a sense of complacency?

Thanks to all who were generous enough to keep me rolling in games for the next six months.

Manach - Secret of the Magic Crystals (aka ponycorns for everyone!)
Prozac - Magicka
Greg - Borderlands GOTY

And of course Minarchist, for holding the poetry contest.

I have to say, it's quite satisfying to look at the "Friends Recently Bought" list in the Steam store and knowing that all of those are your own doing.

I've been infected too! Thanks for Trine 2 Mantid!

Reading this thread puts me in a good mood.

And the thread rolls on!

Though I made a ton of new friends this sale, every so often, as a new post is made here, I find a new possible friend and promptly add them

I had a blast with the sale. It was so great being able to gift the way I did. I managed to not buy anything for myself, yet I still ended up with a bunch of new games. I want to thank everyone for their generosity, and I wish I could have bought more for everyone else. Though the winter sale is another opportunity, hence why I'm stockpiling friends; the more people I have, the more hits I'll find of someone with a game on their wishlist I want to gift

I confess: I've been buying games here and there so that I have a stockpile of gifts come Christmas.

AAH! Mantid! Your Zombie Madness caught up to me with Fortune Summoners! Thanks buddy!

ClockworkHouse wrote:

I confess: I've been buying games here and there so that I have a stockpile of gifts come Christmas.

Shouldn't you be up at the North Pole?

maverickz wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

I confess: I've been buying games here and there so that I have a stockpile of gifts come Christmas.

Shouldn't you be up at the North Pole?

I don't start trying to steal Christmas until November or so.

Thanks to Rallick for the late random gift of Tropico 4!

wow, and the zombie gifting continues!

Thats a hell of a gift too, of the few gifts I recieved and what I bought myself during the last sale Tropico 4 is the game i have played the most (outside of Secret World which had nothing to do with the sale)

I agree, I've put in 40 hours into Tropico 4 since being gifted it in the Steam sale.

I've never played any of the Tropico games. I've always heard great things about them, but it's always been something that I stare at from afar and then shrug my shoulders and move along.

JillSammich wrote:

I've never played any of the Tropico games. I've always heard great things about them, but it's always been something that I stare at from afar and then shrug my shoulders and move along.

Same, but with the Civ Series. They were On sale a few Summers(winters) back, and grabbed them. They've sat there mocking me evergvvvvvv

I'm sorry but the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread still going strong this morning was this...

I just realized, and forgot to buy some Popcap games for my mother in law.

Edit : I got the game for my mother in-law, so no more searching.

I would, Acetate. I love GRID and I was told to buy Dirt 2, but I'm definitely curious about 3.

Dirt 3 is pretty fun, despite the reduction of focus on the best part, which is rally. I've actually made it to the final tour of the final season, but have been holding off on finishing it.

Couldn't this discussion be moved over to either the Steam Trading or Steam Guest Passes and Games thread?

Archangel wrote:

I would, Acetate. I love GRID and I was told to buy Dirt 2, but I'm definitely curious about 3.

Sorry Archangel, the key was claimed a bit earlier via PM. I was hoping to get back to the site to update the thread but work got in the way.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Couldn't this discussion be moved over to either the Steam Trading or Steam Guest Passes and Games thread?

I will definitely check those threads out should I obtain another code to give away. Thanks!

Hey, anyone interested in a Steam code for Dirt 3? I got one with a video card I bought earlier this year, and doubt I'll ever get around to playing the game.

UPDATE: claimed!

acetate3 wrote:
Archangel wrote:

I would, Acetate. I love GRID and I was told to buy Dirt 2, but I'm definitely curious about 3.

Sorry Archangel, the key was claimed a bit earlier via PM. I was hoping to get back to the site to update the thread but work got in the way.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Couldn't this discussion be moved over to either the Steam Trading or Steam Guest Passes and Games thread?

I will definitely check those threads out should I obtain another code to give away. Thanks!

And for anyone interested, I obtained my Dirt 3 Steam key just prior to Thanksgiving for ~$7.50 off of ebay due to the glut of keys that came with video cards.