XCOM 2, WoW: Legion, Header Image XCOM 2 Wrex by Kexx
What is this place? Who are you people? Read this helpful guide to find out!
Want to advertise with GWJ? Sorry, we don't run ads on the website, just the podcast. If you need something else, hit us up!
Launch date for Guild Wars 2 has been announced as Tuesday, August 28th.
The next opportunity to play the game will be the final Beta Weekend Event, planned for July 20-22.
The game is still available for purchase.
Yogscast Profession VideosWarrior SpotlightThief SpotlightGuardian SpotlightEngineer SpotlightElementalist SpotlightNecromancer SpotlightRanger SpotlightMesmer Spotlight
General Links:GWJ Guild Wars 2 Catch-All ThreadOfficial Guild Wars 2 SiteOfficial Guild Wars 2 TwitterGuild Wars 2 GuruCommunity Team Lead Martin Kerstein's Twitter
What the Heck is Guild Wars 2?Arena.net's Guild Wars 2 ManifestoGuild Wars 2 Trailer
On Sea of Sorrows. Elementalist named Shala Baksur
Xbox Live: shonuff27 Steam: gloubass Origin: shonuff27
Hackworth, Sea of Sorrows.
In on Sea of Sorrows as "The Falchion".
"When you can, you hit that like the fist of an angry god. It's not even for you anymore; you do it for us."
| Bnet: Falwing #6946 | 3DS: 5172-1682-5755
"Duke Nukem Forever's switch from Quake II to Unreal technology took six weeks, but it will ultimately save months of development time."
LA is quite a pretty city.
GWJ guild is made. I'm inviting people as I see names in the thread. Everyone I invite I'm giving invite powers to. So if Hack isn't on, just ping someone else you see here.
I'm in as a human necromancer: Elycios
Battle.net - Elycion#1914 | iOS - Elycion TX | Origin - Elycion | Uplay - Elycion
Gah! I was still on the old part of the thread and chose Jade Quarry!
Sea of Sorrows is FULL already. Secondary goodjers head to original destination Jade Quarry?
Sea of Sorrows is full. I can't create a character.
http://www.meetup.com/thetabletoprev... <--Join us!
I made my character on Sea of Sorrows but when I logged off and back on I got dumped onto a temp server.
Apparently some contingent of the GOONs is on SoS. Which is probably why it's already so full.
Sea of Sorrows
Someone in the charr starting town named their character Meatman, and it's weirding me out a little. For the record, that's not me if you see it.
Steam: [GWJ]MeatMan | "Now I know where to go if I have a hankering for testicles." –Higgledy
Where do you get the client?
"It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem." - Malcolm Forbes
Sea of Sorrows - Dravn
Also known as PixelSynth
- Remember: GW2 powers are all about the combination of weapon and class/mode. Don't like your powers initially? Go check out some of the other weapon options on the newbie weapon merchants near the city gates. Their weapons are super cheap.y.
Thanks, I started a Necromancer, and all my skills so far seem to be throwing this dumb little axe around? Doesn't feel very necromancer-ish ya know.
All these people in the starter areas are killing my performance too, game is almost a slideshow on my machine.
It's not the people, it's a known issue. Well, it might be a little bit with the swarms of people.
This weekend is going to be a nightmare for performance. You can safely turn your settings all the way down and still see a damned fine looking game.
Most of GW2's shine is in the art, not the graphics.
Thanks for the tips Micheal, keep 'em coming!
The guild invite bugged out on me, try inviting Elycios again when you get a chance please.
First time GW2 player pro tips:
- Remember: There are no quests in GW2, and there's no such thing as kill-stealing. Help your fellow players at Events, and you're helping yourself too.
- On that note, when you see a dude down on the ground with a little 'angelic' looking symbol by their name, they're down for the count. Walk up to them and hit 'F' to rez them.
- If you see an area circled on the map in orange, it means a 'special' event is happening there. Head there for a unique experience that's not persistent on the map.
- Your first slot power is an auto-attack/auto-combo. Just right click on a mob to start attacking.
- You only start with one power, but you'll quickly learn more as you play. Once you've earned all the powers with one weapon set ...
- GW2 powers are all about the combination of weapon and class/mode. Don't like your powers initially? Go check out some of the other weapon options on the newbie weapon merchants near the city gates. Their weapons are super cheap.
- You can gather any resources you want; you don't need a specific skill to gather them. You do need the right tools to gather them, though. Look for tradeskill tool vendors in the tradeskill area of the big cities.
- Just like in GW1, lots of stuff is salvagable. Look for 'Salvage Item' on random drops you find in the world. To make use of them, buy a Salvage kit from newbie area vendors or karma vendors across the world.
- Want to PvP? Open your character pane(H), and then go to the crossed swords at the bottom right. In there you'll see two options: PvP Now (sends you to battlegrounds), or Be in the Mists. Mists takes you to the Eternal mists lobby, where you can go into WvWvW. You can also access Asura gates there.
- Come out of your starting area and want to team up with Goodjers in another zone? Go to your main city and look for the Gate. It's a big purple swirl on the map. Gating will let you travel between the three available racial cities for the Norns, Humans, and Charr.
- At the entrance to each city are little kiosks. Talk to the people there to get quick speed buffs while you're in the city.
Do the choices you make when you create your character's story have any affect on your character? Like stats or skills, etc.?
Not your build, but your personal story.
Man, this game gorgeeeeus! I have everything turned up to max, which is awesome when in an instance, but not so great in the overcrowded starting areas.
Is there a way to turn an FPS counter on?
Sea of Sorrows is full.
Going to Jade Quarry...
Being fangoriously devoured by a gelatinous monster.
Can we guild invite across servers? Apparently a server change will cost.
We can do PvE stuff across servers in live, but guesting isn't going to be enabled in the Beta weekends. ;P
Went for Jade Quarry...now waiting for a transfer in progress? Took to long, switching to TF2 for a bit...maybe later I guess and hope.