Assassin's Creed 3 Catch-All

momgamer wrote:

You do know there are cities in that area, right? Like New York and Philadelphia. I think you'll find your towers. And I don't mind some variation.

You could also take a jaunt to London for part of it, as well.

Either way, I'm hoping you end up clipping Templars on both sides of the line. Massive political unrest and change leaves lots of room for the Templars to play both sides.

As long as I get to meet a foul-mouthed Ben Franklin on a park bench and have him design me pontoon moccasins that allow me to sneak out to British ships undetected and explode their powder kegs right after I steal the Templars' plans for an ironclad warship that spouts fire, I'm in.

Whoa, the new screenshots are bad ass.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/VBhjh.jpg)

ahrezmendi wrote:

Gnaaaaa!!!! I can't wait! I must play this now. Time to buckle down, finish Brotherhood and Revelations, and be ready when this comes out in November.

I still need to play Revelations. There is so much on my pile/plate right now, however, that I'm going to wait till it's really cheap ($10-$20). I think I got some Steam coupons that bring the price down to $25. Still not low enough to get me to bite.

Gnaaaaa!!!! I can't wait! I must play this now. Time to buckle down, finish Brotherhood and Revelations, and be ready when this comes out in October.

EDIT: Oops, wrong month. Still, Oct. 31 might as well be November.

ahrezmendi wrote:

Gnaaaaa!!!! I can't wait! I must play this now. Time to buckle down, finish Brotherhood and Revelations, and be ready when this comes out in October.

Ahem - http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1...

Yeah, I've been there, and posted. I'm not going to drop the AC games off my pile though, I thoroughly enjoy them, and in fact have already put nearly 40 hours into Brotherhood. SSX just got in the way.

I think it'd be really neat if they don't use the hidden blade this time.

Speedhuntr wrote:

I think it'd be really neat if they don't use the hidden blade this time.

What if it were a hidden tomahawk.

Preview Article at the Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...

Escapist wrote:

The wilderness section is 1.5 times the size of the city in Brotherhood.

Plus you get Boston and New York. This game sounds big.

Preview of Connor video at Giant Bomb. Hidden blade confirmed.
http://www.giantbomb.com/assassins-c...

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
Speedhuntr wrote:

I think it'd be really neat if they don't use the hidden blade this time.

What if it were a hidden tomahawk. ;)

Hidden Rattlesnakes. Think about it.

Some info came out about the Wii U version, neat stuff. If I have a Wii U when it comes out I'd most likely buy that version rather than the 360.

I can't help but think of Benjamin Franklin as a character from Dr. McNinja, which will certainly put an interesting spin on ACIII.

Hmm, Ozgameshop has the PC preorder at $38. Wonder what Steam will be...

Redwing wrote:

I can't help but think of Benjamin Franklin as a character from Dr. McNinja, which will certainly put an interesting spin on ACIII. :D

In the Scud: The Disposable Assassin series he is a master of voodoo and commands an army of zombies.

IMAGE(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3281/2980901902_6c8dd9ab9e_z.jpg)

Just saw a commercial. Seemed unnecessarily patriotic. Kind of confused how a Canadian team will handle that aspect. Otherwise, looks like more Assassin's Creed in a different setting.

So the uber deluxe edition which comes with a statue is selling for $118. Still want it on steam, so I think I'll passion that version.

Looking for AC3 on Amazon just made me realize: Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Bioshock: Infinite, AC3, Halo 4. It's going to be another one of those seasons, isn't it? At least there's not Batman or Elder Scrolls this year.

Game informer have done a great AC3 Q&A podcast. No spoilers I'd say and lots of interesting info, as well as nice new (?) AC music.

Vector wrote:

Just saw a commercial. Seemed unnecessarily patriotic. Kind of confused how a Canadian team will handle that aspect. Otherwise, looks like more Assassin's Creed in a different setting.

The marketing department has as much to do with gameplay as your nose hair has to do with your penis.

kazooka wrote:

The marketing department has as much to do with gameplay as your nose hair has to do with your penis.

This is terrible news!

ruhk wrote:
Redwing wrote:

I can't help but think of Benjamin Franklin as a character from Dr. McNinja, which will certainly put an interesting spin on ACIII. :D

In the Scud: The Disposable Assassin series he is a master of voodoo and commands an army of zombies.

IMAGE(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3281/2980901902_6c8dd9ab9e_z.jpg)

Dude, you left out the Master of Sex part. :/

It is incredibly heartening to see Ubisoft putting so much thought and consideration into their protagonist, and how to approach his depiction.

4xis.black wrote:
kazooka wrote:

The marketing department has as much to do with gameplay as your nose hair has to do with your penis.

This is terrible news!

Maybe if you tell me the bad news in a good way it wont seem so bad?

The dash through the building looks particularly badass. I'm thinking this will be pretty great.

Yup. Whatever reasons I've yet to pop in my copy of Revelations have zero effect on my desire to play AC3 NOW. They've reinvigorated me.

I will eventually play AC: Rev, though.

Prederick's preview and the trailer did some solid work cutting through my AC:R-created indifference a bit. And Bioshock being moved helps, too.

Prederick wrote:

It is incredibly heartening to see Ubisoft putting so much thought and consideration into their protagonist, and how to approach his depiction.

At first I thought you were being ironic, but wow. They actually thought for a minute about a few things. I'm somewhat impressed, at least relative to how non-white men are usually handled in games.

Although this quote:

“When we tried to hire voice actors we really realized we were dealing with a minority as a lead for the first time, and not someone in a position of power.”

made me wonder if they were talking about their series, or all games ever made--except for San Andreas, and ... um ...

First, a non-scalping American Indian protagonist, and now acknowledging the existence of slavery throughout the colonies? Yup, definitely not a game made by Americans.

Ubisoft wrote:

“[The issue of slavery is] something we’ve been very aware of,” explains [ACIII Lead Writer Matt] Turner. “Everybody had slaves at that point; the first groups who rallied around emancipation didn’t come around until 1787 – largely driven by Benjamin Franklin funnily enough. That was very much after our game and slavery was maintained in culture.” So how will AC3 deal with the issue? “We feel that kind of a subject deserves a certain amount attention because it’s so serious and it needs to be treated with utmost respect. We’re definitely not going to shy away from it in terms of not showing it.”

Reading a little more and watching this trailer has AC3 rocketing up my list of games that I'm interested in and will be buying this year. I'm very interested to see how a group of non-Americans portray the most celebrated part of our history. Basically, Halloween can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned.

Did people honestly think they could avoid at least showing it? On top of the Colonial practices of slavery and indentured servitude, we have the involvement of his Mowhawk heritage in the practice both in their own wars and as traders in their own right. I don't see how they could have avoided it without going very cheap. They're bit by it in both directions.