CD Projekt's Upcoming Title: Cyberpunk

Nevin73 wrote:

I don't know if they changed Skippy or if mine glitched out. I used him a lot but he never changed. I eventually got tired of going back to the kneecapped enemies and finishing them off.

Ooh, I wonder if knee-capped enemies don't increment the kill counter...

Rykin wrote:

Seems like they kind of forgot about Smart Weapons when they were building the Perk System. There are perks related to Power Weapons and Tech Weapons, but none for Smart Weapons.

I feel like therer are some but not where you'd expect them to be. Maybe in engineering or one of the hacking trees?

Rezzy wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

I don't know if they changed Skippy or if mine glitched out. I used him a lot but he never changed. I eventually got tired of going back to the kneecapped enemies and finishing them off.

Ooh, I wonder if knee-capped enemies don't increment the kill counter...

I don't think so because they are still moving when they are down. But then I'm not sure because I always made sure to put a bullet in their face afterwards.

Yeah, I was sad when Skippy changed modes permanently. I ended up returning it to Regina.
*Bum bum be dum dum dum de dum dum.*

Nevin73 wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

I don't know if they changed Skippy or if mine glitched out. I used him a lot but he never changed. I eventually got tired of going back to the kneecapped enemies and finishing them off.

Ooh, I wonder if knee-capped enemies don't increment the kill counter...

I don't think so because they are still moving when they are down. But then I'm not sure because I always made sure to put a bullet in their face afterwards.

They still move sometimes after you for sure kill them. I have seen headless corpses rolling around on the ground like they have a stomach ache. Cabel Sasser should do a Buggy Cyberpunk song to go with his Saints Row one

Coming across bugs that are preventing quest progression now. And for some bizarre reason Steam has stopped tracking playtime for this... that's a weird one.

I'm at the point where I might just put this down and come back in a couple of months. I want to finish it, but it's delighting me and frustrating me in equal amounts at the moment.

FYI - your crosshairs turn red when you look at still-alive-but-incapacitated enemies.

Also, you get double XP for non-lethal takedowns then killing them. I levelled absurdly quickly when I realised that.

Happy Dave wrote:

FYI - your crosshairs turn red when you look at still-alive-but-incapacitated enemies.

Also, you get double XP for non-lethal takedowns then killing them. I levelled absurdly quickly when I realised that.

Plus it's fun!

Nevin73 wrote:
Happy Dave wrote:

FYI - your crosshairs turn red when you look at still-alive-but-incapacitated enemies.

Also, you get double XP for non-lethal takedowns then killing them. I levelled absurdly quickly when I realised that.

Plus it's fun!

That's just monstrous. I mean, I'm all for doing a quick hack and THEN killing them to gain xp in each branch. But that's just toying with them.

And I know it's crazy but I get excited whenever I see a minefield. Engineering XP!

It does underscore something I wish they would have made better - make going non-lethal as powerful as lethal. Make it so not killing folks would get much better something so that it was worth doing.

RPGs are supposed to be flexible like that and I am disappointed in them for how the made the game.

farley3k wrote:

It does underscore something I wish they would have made better - make going non-lethal as powerful as lethal. Make it so not killing folks would get much better something so that it was worth doing.

RPGs are supposed to be flexible like that and I am disappointed in them for how the made the game.

IDK cyberpunk isn't the type of genre where awarding the player for making the Good Choice fits. It doesn't need to be like Bioshock where you got more ADAM right away if your harvested the little sister, but ultimately got more ADAM is you saved them. I could see them ultimately doing something to stop the XP double dipping, but unless there are quest based reasons for it I don't think non-lethal should be rewarded more.

Rykin wrote:
farley3k wrote:

It does underscore something I wish they would have made better - make going non-lethal as powerful as lethal. Make it so not killing folks would get much better something so that it was worth doing.

RPGs are supposed to be flexible like that and I am disappointed in them for how the made the game.

IDK cyberpunk isn't the type of genre where awarding the player for making the Good Choice fits. It doesn't need to be like Bioshock where you got more ADAM right away if your harvested the little sister, but ultimately got more ADAM is you saved them. I could see them ultimately doing something to stop the XP double dipping, but unless there are quest based reasons for it I don't think non-lethal should be rewarded more.

It's not just XP double-dipping though. You do not get a Eurodollar bounty for non-lethally downing an enemy. You only get it after killing them. Ideally, the bounty should be awarded for downing, and no double-dipping of XP or Eurodollar for killing after downing.

Rykin wrote:

IDK cyberpunk isn't the type of genre where awarding the player for making the Good Choice fits. It doesn't need to be like Bioshock where you got more ADAM right away if your harvested the little sister, but ultimately got more ADAM is you saved them. I could see them ultimately doing something to stop the XP double dipping, but unless there are quest based reasons for it I don't think non-lethal should be rewarded more.

The problem is that killing people is clearly better in this game; if you only take them down, you're leaving XP on the table. Cold-blooded murder of unconscious people is the way to best prosper in Cyberpunk, which doesn't fit the genre either.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of faction favor system in effect. . Having a faction favor system and it having consequences would help with the Role playing a lot. For example: Kill too many Tiger Claws, Wakako tells you sorry, I have been warned off dealing with you, unless you pay compensation to the Tiger Claw Benevolent fund, and maybe even if you kill enough then a very high level assassin will come after you.

Actually Wakako has given me missions to kill Tiger Claws. It doesn't really make much sense.

Yeah, fixers seem to be pretty independent aside from working within a specific physical region.

Edit: I'm still super sad that the bars aren't the mission hubs as described in the story. Why are my fixers tracking me and only calling me when I'm looking at the guards for the area they want me to infiltrate?

It feels like the fixers have put a trace on my phone, they get an alert whenever I am in their area. Fixers in Bars that we got to, to get jobs is a much better idea. My guess is they loved the whole phone call system they built so they wanted to use it at every opportunity.

Brownypoints wrote:

It feels like the fixers have put a trace on my phone, they get an alert whenever I am in their area. Fixers in Bars that we got to, to get jobs is a much better idea. My guess is they loved the whole phone call system they built so they wanted to use it at every opportunity.

My head-canon is that as a Solo, you have your head chrome set to ping the network and let any local fixers know you are available for work.

Story and Characters >>>>>>>>>>> Gameplay systems

That's clearly how this game shook out and why people say things like "silo developers who weren't talking to each other".

Cyberpunk 2077 v1.1 patch just dropped on Steam. 5.4GB.

TheVerge article detailing details which I haven't read yet.

Nevermind that, go straight to the source.

Eh

The Delamain fixes are welcome as I've grown tired of the call disappearing, but the game acting like I'm on a call. Happens often as I haven't done any of the missions, so whenever I'm out and about I get a few calls per hour just from Dela.

I'm curious if it'll play better or not on Xbox. Already ran pretty well, but def curious. Bit underwhelmed by the patch list after all this time tho.

The previous patch was just about 1 month ago (1.06 on Dec 23), and that time window spanned Christmas, New Year's, and MLK Day; I sincerely hope CDPR devs were given some well-deserved time off during the holidays. Given all of this, the patch list looks like it covers some of the highest-criticality issues they must be tracking right now: crashes, save corruptions, and progress-blocking bugs. I'm playing on PC, and have run into exactly zero of the issues fixed in this patch, but I'm still very pleased to see CDPR making good progress towards helping everyone who IS affected by them.

Well the latest patch broke a part of the game where I am at. It's the quest "Down on the Street - Wait a day for Takemura's call" bug where he calls but doesn't talk. I cannot take or do any new quests, can't use the fast spawn points and can't use my phone to call people. Apparently it's a known issue and there is a workaround but I am hesitant to use a save game that far out. Ugh..

I’d imagine they’ll hotfix that pretty sharpish, since it’s a new issue and the official forums are absolutely screaming about it. You’d think ‘make sure the main quest lines don’t get broken by our patch’ would be Job 1 of QA, but here we are.

Yes that’s my hope it gets patched soon and yep wondering how this can get past QA.

whispa wrote:

... get past QA.

I mean, I'm loving this game. I'm having tons of fun. But QA? I got stuck on a tower hundreds of feet up by climbing up a guy wire. Uphill was no problem. Downhill I would inevitably clip through and fall to my death. I tried again and again and again. I was stuck. But did you know that if you slide off a ledge you will suffer no fall damage? Still in there as of version 1.1.

My Skippy has gone less than lethal. Sad puppy eyes. On the plus side I just discovered where Stadia keeps the achievement list. If the percentages are to be believed I have completed over 90% of the Gigs and NCPD Scanner stuff in all of the regions.
I have also killed 2,157 enemies, uploaded 1,221 quickhacks, and made 775 story choices.

Rezzy wrote:
whispa wrote:

... get past QA.

I mean, I'm loving this game. I'm having tons of fun. But QA? I got stuck on a tower hundreds of feet up by climbing up a guy wire. Uphill was no problem. Downhill I would inevitably clip through and fall to my death. I tried again and again and again. I was stuck. But did you know that if you slide off a ledge you will suffer no fall damage? Still in there as of version 1.1.

My favorite is how jumping off of something (or just falling) from a non-damaging height and landing on a trash bag or a plant can sometimes instantly kill you.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/7XsO2cR.jpeg)

So I'm about 50 hours in on PC. I was going to do PS4 for remote play but due to the reviews did PC. Moonlight has been great for PC remote play (Steam Link was very choppy). Most of my settings were medium with a 3770k + 980Ti hitting a consistent 60FPS at 1080p which I thought looked pretty good for my aging PC.

So I really like the game. It's pretty clear lots of content and mechanics were cut and scaled back but there's still a great amount of $60 game here.

As far as bugs go most have been hilarious. Pathing issues for characters mostly. People handing me imaginary items, T-poses, items floating in mid-air. Once I picked up my knocked over motorcycle off the street and suddenly dropped out of the sky onto the roof of the building. I called a car while inside of the property of a North Oak mansion only for it to crash and explode outside the gate. I have named bosses and enemies get stuck occasionally and just stand there.

Combat I just use an Epic Overwatch. it's basically easy mode at this point because it shoots through cover.

I really like that Silverhand/Keanu is actually in the entire game. It isn't like Liam Neeson in Fallout 3.

I'm not really sure if they can pull a No Man's Sky here and finish everything. I think that will have to be a paid DLC expansion or sequel.