CD Projekt's Upcoming Title: Cyberpunk

Well guess I'm rescheduling my week off in September to November....

Jonman wrote:
Spikeout wrote:

If they need more time (no matter how many delays) I'd rather they use it to keep all their systems working well & without hiccups. Plus it just might be we get a day/date optimised next gen version for PS5/Series X. If I'm realistic though, I can see it being early 2021 when that version drops.

Given how many bugs I'm still finding in Witcher 3, five years after release, the idea that an additional two months of dev time will result in it working "without hiccups" seems a bit binary.

Moderately fewer hiccups? Sure.

Major hiccups I should have put in there to be fair. Things that mess quests up, characters or items not showing up etc

I did play 240 hours of The Witcher 3 (on PS4) & can't remember coming across any noticeable bugs.

CD Projekt Red have been in the "polishing, playtesting & fixing" phase of Cyberpunk since at least January, so those two extra months might make the difference.

2020 is truly the worst year.

SallyNasty wrote:

2020 is truly the worst year.

Don’t make 2021 ask someone to hold its beer

Chairman_Mao wrote:

It's sad that they even have to make this statement when Squadron 42 only seems to get more love the more it seems likely it will never be released.

I'm obviously missing some context here? They're going to miss a set date or time. They put out a message to say so. They utilised transparency to explain the reasoning, and apologised for the delay. Isn't that what most everyone does when they're running late or need to reschedule. It's polite.

Factoid: I learned of Squadron 42! Never heard of it.

RnRClown wrote:

Factoid: I learned of Squadron 42! Never heard of it.

You likely have heard of it, just as a different name. Squadron 42 is just the single player component of Star Citizen.

CptDomano wrote:
RnRClown wrote:

Factoid: I learned of Squadron 42! Never heard of it.

You likely have heard of it, just as a different name. Squadron 42 is just the single player component of Star Citizen.

I thought Squadron 42 was a separate single-player game that takes place in the same universe.

I can understand not having heard of it.

It is a standalone, but it originated from the Star Citizen kickstarter project. So, I was just saying that someone might know about the single player component they are working on, but maybe not that it's named Squadron 42. However, I do get your point and I'm making assumptions based on my own knowledge of the project.

I never heard of the thing and my longtime avatar is the PC from Wing Commander!

I'm unsurprised by the delay. Given the massive size of The Witcher 3, and the likelihood that this game is even bigger, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually ships in November.

I might not be as sanguine if we're still having this same conversation in, say, June of 2022, but in June of 2020, this is just fine with me.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day for this game. The first 25 minute Night City Wire stream will be kicking off at Noon Eastern time and the press embargo for the hands on will be lifting as well.

only 5 months before the release date

Only 3 more before they move it back farther.

Lots of preview stuff came out today.

Gamespot preview article

Game Informer live stream

Still waiting on the PC specs.

Rainsmercy wrote:

Well guess I'm rescheduling my week off in September to November....

I stopped scheduling vacations for new game releases a long time ago. Even IF it gets released on time, it's a surprise if it's even an enjoyable playing experience for at least 2-3 more days of patching and fixing crap.

Today's event was decent. Nothing spectacular to me but it did show a bit of the HUD which was nice.

Sydhart wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Well guess I'm rescheduling my week off in September to November....

I stopped scheduling vacations for new game releases a long time ago. Even IF it gets released on time, it's a surprise if it's even an enjoyable playing experience for at least 2-3 more days of patching and fixing crap.

Just going to keep the week off and use it to install my LVP in my basement as the company installing my drain tile in my basement will have it done by then.

Rainsmercy wrote:
Sydhart wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Well guess I'm rescheduling my week off in September to November....

I stopped scheduling vacations for new game releases a long time ago. Even IF it gets released on time, it's a surprise if it's even an enjoyable playing experience for at least 2-3 more days of patching and fixing crap.

Just going to keep the week off and use it to install my LVP in my basement as the company installing my drain tile in my basement will have it done by then.

We put LVP in our kitchen and dining room and LVT in our bathrooms and absolutely love it.

We ripped out the carpet in the basement and found water leaking in the one corner of the basement we didn't have drain tile installed 4 years ago. So we have to get that completed before we spend the time installing the LVP.

Back to game subject: I preordered it through Amazon a couple weeks ago since its on sale for $10, its still on sale if anyone wants to preorder and get the discount. The discount is regardless of version I believe.

I am torn about what system to get it on. I like the Xbox controller better mostly but I got the back button attachment for the PS4 and that makes it nice....

A nice problem to have but it still makes me hesitate on what to buy.

Well that was easier that I was making it. Right now anyway is it $10 cheaper on the PS4 for it has been preordered for that.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Xbox One
ESRB Rating: Mature | Nov 19, 2020 | by WB Games
Xbox One
$59.99
Pre-order Price Guarantee.
FREE Delivery Thu, Nov 19
This item will be released on November 19, 2020.
PlayStation 4
$49.94
Pre-order Price Guarantee.
FREE Delivery Thu, Sep 17
This item will be released on September 17, 2020.
Xbox One Digital Code
Currently unavailable.
Other format: PC

They are going to provide free versions of the game for the next console generation so maybe you should buy it for whichever next gen console you'll go for. (or for the one you'll get first if you will end up with both in the long term)

A German gaming publication at the press demo said it was running at 1080p with DLSS on, using a 2080 ti system, and the game still dropped to around 30 fps at times. The reports are confusing on which ray-tracing effects were turned on.

I know the game is basically done and they can work on optimization until November but that kind of performance is... alarming.

Middcore wrote:

A German gaming publication at the press demo said it was running at 1080p with DLSS on, using a 2080 ti system, and the game still dropped to around 30 fps at times. The reports are confusing on which ray-tracing effects were turned on.

I know the game is basically done and they can work on optimization until November but that kind of performance is... alarming.

Maybe we have a new system crusher a la Crysis that will become the standard benchmarking tool for year to come.

Rykin wrote:
Middcore wrote:

A German gaming publication at the press demo said it was running at 1080p with DLSS on, using a 2080 ti system, and the game still dropped to around 30 fps at times. The reports are confusing on which ray-tracing effects were turned on.

I know the game is basically done and they can work on optimization until November but that kind of performance is... alarming.

Maybe we have a new system crusher a la Crysis that will become the standard benchmarking tool for year to come.

Theoretically this thing still has to run on the base model PS4 and XB1 though.

Rykin wrote:
Middcore wrote:

A German gaming publication at the press demo said it was running at 1080p with DLSS on, using a 2080 ti system, and the game still dropped to around 30 fps at times. The reports are confusing on which ray-tracing effects were turned on.

I know the game is basically done and they can work on optimization until November but that kind of performance is... alarming.

Maybe we have a new system crusher a la Crysis that will become the standard benchmarking tool for year to come.

Video with the least commentary I have seen.

Damn, I hope they are able to optimize it a bit better since I am running a 2060 Super RTX card and would really like to play this with ray tracing on and at least 30 fps.

Rykin wrote:
Middcore wrote:

A German gaming publication at the press demo said it was running at 1080p with DLSS on, using a 2080 ti system, and the game still dropped to around 30 fps at times. The reports are confusing on which ray-tracing effects were turned on.

I know the game is basically done and they can work on optimization until November but that kind of performance is... alarming.

Maybe we have a new system crusher a la Crysis that will become the standard benchmarking tool for year to come.

When TW3 came out, complaints about framerate abounded. But CDPR kept going until it could run at a good speed on a freaking Switch. I am sure we will probably see something similar here. May be a little rough on the old framerate counter at release but will improve.