CD Projekt's Upcoming Title: Cyberpunk

Falchion wrote:
Jonman wrote:

I used to play the P&P RPG as a teenager in the early 90's, when my GM-buddy was hooked on Gibson and Lovecraft. It resulted in some really interesting mash-ups, Cthulu existing as a Neuromancer-like digital entity.

Sounds like something you could easily find in Shadowrun.
Confession: I actually preferred Shadowrun 2nd Edition over Cyberpunk 2020. I think the lore and the novels at the time made Shadowrun more compelling to me somehow. I've since bought every edition of Shadowrun that has come out while I gave away my copy of Cyberpunk 2020 years ago.

You know what, we used to play both, so I might be mis-remembering that. It's been many years and many, many beers since

Yeah, what little information we have here is enough to make me a day-one buyer.

KingGorilla wrote:

Furthermore, CD Projekt might fill that gaping hole in my soul that was wrenched from my being when Microsoft made Shadowrun into a terrible rendition of Team Fortress.

Just in case the news somehow passed you by, you do know about this right?

juv3nal wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Furthermore, CD Projekt might fill that gaping hole in my soul that was wrenched from my being when Microsoft made Shadowrun into a terrible rendition of Team Fortress.

Just in case the news somehow passed you by, you do know about this right?

I do, but call me a scroodge, I do not like pan-handling for games.

Falchion wrote:
Kannon wrote:

I do wonder how they'll handle hacking though. It's... well, it was written in the 90s. It's a mite dated. It's still quite neat conceptually, but could really use some updating.

My fav CCG Netrunner was based on hacking as seen from within the Cyberpunk 2020 universe. I would love for CD Projekt RED to use something based off that for their hacking system in this new game.

If they managed to wrangle the license to the CCG from WoTC and put the full thing into the game (also release it on mobile platforms) I would throw my monies to them all the time (which I'm already somewhat doing since they run GoG.com).

Actually, Fantasy Flight is bringing back Netrunner in a few months...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...

KingGorilla wrote:
juv3nal wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Furthermore, CD Projekt might fill that gaping hole in my soul that was wrenched from my being when Microsoft made Shadowrun into a terrible rendition of Team Fortress.

Just in case the news somehow passed you by, you do know about this right?

I do, but call me a scroodge, I do not like pan-handling for games.

1) Its funding is already over.
2) If you're a Shadowrun fan, Jordan Weisman is involved.

KingGorilla wrote:
juv3nal wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Furthermore, CD Projekt might fill that gaping hole in my soul that was wrenched from my being when Microsoft made Shadowrun into a terrible rendition of Team Fortress.

Just in case the news somehow passed you by, you do know about this right?

I do, but call me a scroodge, I do not like pan-handling for games.

You just encapsulated how I feel about the kickstarter movement.

Color me interested. Tagging.

KingGorilla wrote:

CD Projekt made a damn fine series of character driven RPGs in the Zelda vein(there I said it).

What?

Are you referencing Gorky 17 or Infernal because I don't see the connection.

strangederby wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

CD Projekt made a damn fine series of character driven RPGs in the Zelda vein(there I said it).

What?

Are you referencing Gorky 17 or Infernal because I don't see the connection.

The Witcher?

LockAndLoad wrote:

Actually, Fantasy Flight is bringing back Netrunner in a few months...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...

Thanks to you and shoptroll for the heads up on this. FFG is totally getting a purchase from me when this drops. Hoping and praying for a mobile version as well.

Citizen86 wrote:
strangederby wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

CD Projekt made a damn fine series of character driven RPGs in the Zelda vein(there I said it).

What?

Are you referencing Gorky 17 or Infernal because I don't see the connection.

The Witcher?

Citizen86 wrote:
strangederby wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

CD Projekt made a damn fine series of character driven RPGs in the Zelda vein(there I said it).

What?

Are you referencing Gorky 17 or Infernal because I don't see the connection.

The Witcher?

Ah yes of course. I well remember Link in Twilight princess being thrown in jail, turning to camera and saying

Spoiler:

Abso-f*cking-Beautiful

This might well be my favourite moment in videogames history.

It just got a website and a bunch of details: www.cyberpunk.net

Officially called Cyberpunk 2077

The more I think about CDP working on this and Witcher 3, the more I want to just move to Warsaw and apply for a job there.

This game cannot come soon enough. On a bit of cyberpunk binge here, having recently re-enjoyed Blade Runner and now playing the new Deus Ex for the first time. Looking real nice in terms of style.

jlaakso wrote:

This game cannot come soon enough. On a bit of cyberpunk binge here, having recently re-enjoyed Blade Runner and now playing the new Deus Ex for the first time. Looking real nice in terms of style.

Same. I even bought the Cyberpunk 2020 ruleset off Drive Thru RPG. OH MAN, SO EARLY 90s!

IMAGE(https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sORsifbbAMo/UIBnK7g5wQI/AAAAAAAAEPY/MeVTzki1Dqw/s800/Cyberpunk.jpg)

My co-workers are wondering why I'm bouncing in my seat with a giant cheese-eating grin on my face.

Cyberpunk was always my favorite P&P setting, although the group I ran with in my youth was always more interested in fantasy tropes. I rarely got to play CP. Now I'll be able to play it whenever I want, and they can go take a flying leap! Whee!

UCRC wrote:

The more I think about CDP working on this and Witcher 3, the more I want to just move to Warsaw and apply for a job there.

Forgot you live in Poland and thought "Man, that's a little extreme...".

O.O I am at a loss for words. Can't.Freakin'.Wait.

Wardrobe skills? Awesome!

Oh my - this will rule!

I will seriously upgrade my PC for this game if that's what it takes to run it properly when it comes out. Take all of my pre-orders, ALL OF THEM!

Vector wrote:
UCRC wrote:

The more I think about CDP working on this and Witcher 3, the more I want to just move to Warsaw and apply for a job there.

Forgot you live in Poland and thought "Man, that's a little extreme...".

Yeah, it's funny how being younger I'd think to myself "why am I so far away from places where good, artsy, creative stuff gets made?" and couple years later it turns out that if you want to design ambitious, plot-driven RPGs, Warsaw is the place to be.

bighoppa wrote:

My co-workers are wondering why I'm bouncing in my seat with a giant cheese-eating grin on my face.

Cyberpunk was always my favorite P&P setting, although the group I ran with in my youth was always more interested in fantasy tropes. I rarely got to play CP. Now I'll be able to play it whenever I want, and they can go take a flying leap! Whee!

We should talk FG2 again.
Though the matrix really did a lot to fill in a void there; meaning it's going to be more difficult to do cyberpunk without people calling "matrix".

Teaser Trailer!

Well hello, Blade Runner.

It's been a while.

Huh, that was interesting. I guess it's a CD Projekt game, so they're going to throw in blood and girls. Obviously it wasn't anything too risque, but I'm sure there will be plenty in the actual game.

All I got out of that is there are guns, android girls, and cool music. Damn teasers

Sweet. Now to listen to Front Line Assembly and Clock DVA for the rest of the day.