Diablo III Catch-All

LobsterMobster wrote:
Michael Zenke wrote:

Why would you play this game by yourself?

I always feel very rushed when I play a loot game multiplayer. I feel like I can't stop to actually look at the items I've gained, never mind set up my character to use them.

Me too.

I'm probably just going to do what I did in D2. Create a private game and if I want to play with someone or someone wants to play with me bring my character along. Once I'm out of Normal difficulty the story doesn't really matter.

Damn, looks like the first 45 minutes of "play" is going to be solely dedicated to typing in friend requests from the spreadsheet...

Force gaming helps us n00bz out with some helpful tips on how to pwn.

Yogscast CE unboxing (they're careful to avoid spoilers)

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Is there an easy way to add battle.net friends without pre-installing the game? The google doc is huge, and I figure I might as well start adding people during lulls at work.

Anyone? Not having signed into Battle.net since Diablo 2 days, I don't have anyone on my friends list. Are we organizing via Battle.net friends list, Steam, or what?

I updated the list with my D3 tag (Kraint#1257). The adding of tags seems a very inefficient system after experiencing the Battlefield 3 system (for all its other failings, adding friends is rather easy).

StaggerLee wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Is there an easy way to add battle.net friends without pre-installing the game? The google doc is huge, and I figure I might as well start adding people during lulls at work.

Anyone? Not having signed into Battle.net since Diablo 2 days, I don't have anyone on my friends list. Are we organizing via Battle.net friends list, Steam, or what?

I asked this same question this morning up thread. Answer I got was no, it's in game only.

Boo. Thanks for repeating hte answer - too many posts to keep track of.

Anyone else having install issues? I'm running the blizz downloader again to make sure I have all the files, but it's hard to tell if I'm good to go or that I still need to download more.

StaggerLee wrote:

Boo. Thanks for repeating hte answer - too many posts to keep track of.

Yeah, this thread has been out of control for awhile. I hadn't even bothered keeping track of it until now. I have no qualms being a filthy skimmer in this thread.

BTW Certis, this Catch-all has the worst OP ever.

Shame!

El-Producto wrote:

BTW Certis, this Catch-all has the worst OP ever.

Shame!

;)

Haaaaaha... You are correct. That was the first thing I checked and it failed me.

I think we can speed up the friending process by grouping with a few gwjers. There is a list of people you have recently played with. You can add them to your friends list from there. It will probably be easier to click the add button rather than typing in the name each time and clicking the add button. It is too bad there is no friends of friends list.

If you're having trouble installing, getting errors and such, redownload the client installer from your Battle.net account page. Solved my problems.

I added myself to the Google Doc last night but just in case I could use an add to the Steam group. Steam link down below, Battle Tag mrn00b#1602

Added my info to the google spreadsheet.

Battle.net=Edison#1877
steam id=http://steamcommunity.com/id/maxhead...

My digital download is installed, ready to go.... Luckily(?) I won't get home from work until about 1am (Central) so I'll only have about an hour to wait.

What's the name of the Steam GWJ Diablo group? I can't even find it through a search.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

What's the name of the Steam GWJ Diablo group? I can't even find it through a search.

GWJers against Diablo

I'm not sure how useful it will be to have a Steam invite since I'm going to be playing on a Mac, but I've added my info to the spreadsheet.
Friend me up in game for best results: DonDGT#1996

Steam on Mac is free, and while you're at it might as well get TF2 for free.

Since the game's always online, I assume there are cloud saves or something. I intend to play on up to three computers and I don't really want different characters on all three.

DonD wrote:

I'm not sure how useful it will be to have a Steam invite since I'm going to be playing on a Mac, but I've added my info to the spreadsheet.

You know Steam is on Mac now, right?

Thinking that I might actually go to bed early (I'm on the west coast), and get up at like 4am and start playing. That way I can play all day Tuesday, without hitting the wall of not having slept at all. Means I miss the first 4 hours of craziness, but hopefully it also means I miss login hell.

MannishBoy wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I added my name to the google doc. I could use an invite to the GWJ Diablo Steam Group.

Me too.

Third request. I'm getting a complex.

MannishBoy wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I added my name to the google doc. I could use an invite to the GWJ Diablo Steam Group.

Me too.

Third request. I'm getting a complex.

I got an invite! Thanks Tkyl!

Invite sent. I'll try and invite all the people on the page who haven't been invited yet.

Thinking that I might actually go to bed early (I'm on the west coast), and get up at like 4am and start playing. That way I can play all day Tuesday, without hitting the wall of not having slept at all. Means I miss the first 4 hours of craziness, but hopefully it also means I miss login hell.

I was thinking exactly this. I hope I can resist the temptation to stay up though =P

Yay! Thanks tuffalo!

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Invite sent. I'll try and invite all the people on the page who haven't been invited yet.

Thanks!

I really have remained pretty far back from this. I haven't touched Diablo 2 since probably dial up days in the late 90s, and purposefully avoided all the betas. So other than playing through Torchlight, this type of game has been out of my rotation for a LONG time.

Excited, though.

I added my name to the spreadsheet and would like to have an invite to the Steam group please. I also resorted the spreadsheet since the end was pretty out of order.

edit: Thanks for the invite. That's fast service!

I sent invites to all who requested them on the last two pages. I don't think I missed anyone.

Gaming confession: I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I have played a ton of Diablo clones, however, so I imagine I will love Diablo 3.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I sent invites to all who requested them on the last two pages. I don't think I missed anyone. ;)

*raises hand*

Lars wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I sent invites to all who requested them on the last two pages. I don't think I missed anyone. ;)

*raises hand*

Done!