Diablo III Catch-All 2.0

In like flynn

par wrote:

Recent IM conversation I had w/ a buddy of mine

(3:19:19 PM) Gut-gmail: tearin sh*t up on my wizard
(3:19:24 PM) Gut-gmail: got a 35 mob deathblow
(3:19:31 PM) par.002: im f*cking UP this login screen
(3:19:34 PM) Gut-gmail: killed 35 mobs in one hit
(3:20:08 PM) par.002: as soon as I get a f*cking "Cant Connect" button, I toast it and it disintegrates in ONE click!... f*cking awesome!

I feel vastly superior.

PAR

Hmm, that time looks familiar.... OH YEAH! It was right about the time I finished grunting up GM. SOLO! IMAGE(http://gamingtrend.net/forums/Smileys/GTsmiles/damnyou.gif)

Karma!

Steam invite if possible.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/El-Prod...

Hilarious how posts in this thread have fallen off a cliff now that servers are up.

What kind of level gap do people think is acceptable for jumping into a game? I want to jump into a multiplayer game tonight with a new character but most people on my, currently, modest friends list are around level 10 or up.

iaintgotnopants wrote:

What kind of level gap do people think is acceptable for jumping into a game? I want to jump into a multiplayer game tonight with a new character but most people on my, currently, modest friends list are around level 10 or up.

Jump onto vent, see if there are any groups up in your range. Which is what I'm about to do.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

What really annoys me about this fiasco is that Blizzard will use it as an excuse for some outrageous humblebragging. "We knew people were excited, but we honestly had no idea of the incredible volume of people just waiting to partake of our always-on DRM. The hordes of impotent gamers dying to get down on their knees in abject worship of Blizzard's profound greatness surprised even us - a remarkable feet given our omniscience."

There really isn't any fiasco here. The servers have been down for maybe 3 hours max in the middle of most of the population's work day.

I'm in and loving it. Gumbie, I wanted to be your friend, but it says you're full up on friends. The worst part about friends is not clicking on your achievements so as to not spoil anything.

So people are currently playing? I've installed it, but the Login button stays grayed out when I put in my username and password.

Deadly reach monk skill is so awesome looking

Tscott wrote:

So people are currently playing? I've installed it, but the Login button stays grayed out when I put in my username and password.

Your username is your email - just in case. My login button didn't light up until I typed an @ symbol. And for the record, I was thinking it was just cragmyre, not my full email too

Cragmyre wrote:
Tscott wrote:

So people are currently playing? I've installed it, but the Login button stays grayed out when I put in my username and password.

Your username is your email - just in case. My login button didn't light up until I typed an @ symbol. And for the record, I was thinking it was just cragmyre, not my full email too :)

Thanks. Confusing wording- especially after I had just created a new battle.net "name".

TrashiDawa wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:

What really annoys me about this fiasco is that Blizzard will use it as an excuse for some outrageous humblebragging. "We knew people were excited, but we honestly had no idea of the incredible volume of people just waiting to partake of our always-on DRM. The hordes of impotent gamers dying to get down on their knees in abject worship of Blizzard's profound greatness surprised even us - a remarkable feet given our omniscience."

There really isn't any fiasco here. The servers have been down for maybe 3 hours max in the middle of most of the population's work day.

We can all have our own opinions about it, but you seem to have forgotten about last night, etc. The game may have been playable less than half the time since release. Again, if you don't call that a fiasco, no problem, but we're talking about the totality of the launch.

Fedaykin98 wrote:
TrashiDawa wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:

What really annoys me about this fiasco is that Blizzard will use it as an excuse for some outrageous humblebragging. "We knew people were excited, but we honestly had no idea of the incredible volume of people just waiting to partake of our always-on DRM. The hordes of impotent gamers dying to get down on their knees in abject worship of Blizzard's profound greatness surprised even us - a remarkable feet given our omniscience."

There really isn't any fiasco here. The servers have been down for maybe 3 hours max in the middle of most of the population's work day.

We can all have our own opinions about it, but you seem to have forgotten about last night, etc. The game may have been playable less than half the time since release. Again, if you don't call that a fiasco, no problem, but we're talking about the totality of the launch.

rgr, I'll see you in game for the next three-four years.

El-Producto wrote:

Steam invite if possible.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/El-Prod...

Sent.

ChipRMonk wrote:

I'll take a STEAM invite also, if possible.

(Finally got home from ye ole truck park and started a Demon Hunter. Yay!)

http://http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

URL isn't correct it seems.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
ChipRMonk wrote:

I'll take a STEAM invite also, if possible.

(Finally got home from ye ole truck park and started a Demon Hunter. Yay!)

http://http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

URL isn't correct it seems.

It's got two http's

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

That's correct

So ChrisLTD and I played through starter edition content, since for some reason my standard edition key didn't take. Turns out it's only for the Americas servers, if I log off and switch to European my account acknowledges that I'm paid up. Opened a support ticket. Bets on how long it'll be for a response?

Oh my is the Collector's Edition box huge. Time to install this bad boy and get down to business.

EDIT: I think you could get high off the new game smell contained within.

garion333 wrote:

It's got two http's

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

That's correct

Doh. That's what I get for multitasking.

LiquidMantis wrote:
par wrote:

Recent IM conversation I had w/ a buddy of mine

(3:19:19 PM) Gut-gmail: tearin sh*t up on my wizard
(3:19:24 PM) Gut-gmail: got a 35 mob deathblow
(3:19:31 PM) par.002: im f*cking UP this login screen
(3:19:34 PM) Gut-gmail: killed 35 mobs in one hit
(3:20:08 PM) par.002: as soon as I get a f*cking "Cant Connect" button, I toast it and it disintegrates in ONE click!... f*cking awesome!

I feel vastly superior.

PAR

Hmm, that time looks familiar.... OH YEAH! It was right about the time I finished grunting up GM. SOLO! IMAGE(http://gamingtrend.net/forums/Smileys/GTsmiles/damnyou.gif)

Karma!

NOOOOOOO.... I ah... I um... I was just gonna make a character!

PAR

*Legion* wrote:

Steam invite me now!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/legion

Done.

Okay, so I ran a bit in solo mode, then joined Staggerlee and Stwok's excellent game. But... Suppose I wanted to continue my single player campaign? How do I do that?

I tried logging in and changing the quest, but it told me I'd have to start a new game. Wha...? What is the proper course of action here?

Grenn wrote:

I'm in and loving it. Gumbie, I wanted to be your friend, but it says you're full up on friends. The worst part about friends is not clicking on your achievements so as to not spoil anything.

Yeah, tuffalo and a couple of others that had sent me friend requests during the day now had full friends lists and I couldn't accept them.

How many friends are allowed?

FYI: Can not accept some of your friend invites because your friends lists are full. Not sure what the cap is.

I'll take a STEAM invite also, if possible.

(Finally got home from ye ole truck park and started a Demon Hunter. Yay!)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

edit: oops. Sorry about the messed-up link...and much thanks for the invite.

yeah it sucks... I have four friend invites, but I can't accept any of them because they're full. Is there any point in limiting the number of friends? How many do you full people have?

Bah, well that's not good. I just went down the list and friend requested everyone I could. Apologies in advance.

Stylez wrote:

So ChrisLTD and I played through starter edition content, since for some reason my standard edition key didn't take. Turns out it's only for the Americas servers, if I log off and switch to European my account acknowledges that I'm paid up. Opened a support ticket. Bets on how long it'll be for a response?

I'm very impressed lately with Blizzard's support system actually. I bought D2 and its expansion a couple of days ago digitally on their site, then read up the D3 Collector's Edition that I will receive tomorrow, only to discover that it includes D2 and the expansion. I submitted a ticket a few hours after the initial purchase explaining the situation and requesting to be refunded. They replied back only a few hours later that it would be taken care of, and I have by now received refunds on my credit card. So you should be fine.