Diablo III Catch-All 2.0

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I logged in just fine this morning. It's fun so far! I'm going to have to go and add everyone's battletag, though. That will take awhile.

Well if you feel done, then you might be done. I've always found the Diablo games are perfect to play for awhile, quit for awhile, then play again months later. If you still have the itch, then start a new toon, grind Paragon levels and/or loot hunt.

Hollowheel wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I logged in just fine this morning. It's fun so far! I'm going to have to go and add everyone's battletag, though. That will take awhile.

Well if you feel done, then you might be done. I've always found the Diablo games are perfect to play for awhile, quit for awhile, then play again months later. If you still have the itch, then start a new toon, grind Paragon levels and/or loot hunt.

That's from forever ago! I never have gone back to Diablo III. Too much on the plate these days. Maybe I'll go back to it sometime, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

That's from forever ago! :) I never have gone back to Diablo III. Too much on the plate these days. Maybe I'll go back to it sometime, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

According to my friends' list, no one did. There's a sad, steady drop-off of GWJers in my Friends list. 200 days, 150, 90, 30... Some seem to login to check their character, but 99% are gone.

I'm planning to play a little bit again once 1.0.7 comes out.

Me too. I'm going to level up a wizard on monster power 10 when the patch drops.

Just soloed 2 of the 3 realms on mp10, woot. Couldn't do maghda and skel. king though, her flies and arcane just hurt too much and my 2.79aps is apparently not enough to keep the ubers perma-frozen, for the other two realms it was enough to keep them from hurting me but her arcane sentries or fly away move could sneak through the tiny gaps .

Had 2 legendaries drop in ~30 mins of play, one of which were barb set boots. Did drop rates change or am I just lucky?

shoptroll wrote:

1.07 is live

exciting. Will have to give it a whirl.

I'll be checking it out tomorrow evening with my hardcore Wizard.

I see nothing in that list that isn't completely awesome. More XP, more drops, more crafting designs, new gems, huge Monk buffs etc. etc. I should go and finish Inferno with my Monk now, and see about re-outfitting her with some new gear.

Played a bit... quick observations:

The change to spirit barrage was very noticeable. As a WD who has used Spirit Barrage with Well of Soul's for a long time, seeing all of the beams hit a single enemy is pretty cool. Kills things much faster.

The new Demonic Essences are yellow loot on the ground. If you're interested in crafting with them make sure you look carefully if you generally ignore yellows.

Seems like loot is a little better tuned. I'm at the point where yellows generally don't offer major improvement but I actually saw monk spirit helms with dexterity and fists with more than 700 dps. Not bad if you have a new monk hitting 60 and you don't want to blow your load in the AH.

MyBrainHz wrote:

Had 2 legendaries drop in ~30 mins of play, one of which were barb set boots. Did drop rates change or am I just lucky?

I'm all "Conspiracy Theory" about it but I'm almost convinced Blizzard does the same thing as Valve where you get increased drop rates for a while if you haven't logged in in a few days/weeks - it's just happened to me too often to ignore now. u_u

Join a game, get 2 legendaries in the first half hour, sometimes in the same run...

Mex wrote:

Join a game, get 2 legendaries in the first half hour, sometimes in the same run...

I haven't logged in since 1.04, will have to give this a try

That this isn't something they anticipated really makes me question how much the developers truly understand how the action-rpg loot carrot is supposed to work:

From VG24/7:

“Making the new crafted items account bound was done for one very distinct reason: to give players more incentives to play the game rather than the Auction House,” added designer Travis Day. “Something we discuss frequently is how the Auction House has impacted the game and how we can refocus players away from farming the Auction House and onto farming monsters."

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/7amxd.jpg)

Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Just from the little I played last night, I don't think I'll be going back to Path of Exile any time soon. The combat in this is just so much more satisfying. I had the plans for the gloves of dexterity drop for me and I crafted a few just to see how they'd turn out. The dex rolls on them are crazy high but getting something that beats my fairly modest monk gloves with 8% cc and 33% cd is going to take a while. I was pretty happy when I got my first legendary drop last night because it was an Andariel's which can usually sell. But, then I identified it and it had 25% fire damage taken. Boo.

I'm definitely looking forward to taking D3 for a spin again with the new patch. I got the game patched up last night, but it probably won't be until the weekend when I sit down with it.

I can't see a reason why from the patch notes but my witch doctor is really squishy on MP2 now. It wasn't very beefy before but now I run into a group of enemies to get soul harvest stacks and I'm immediately down to half health.

I think I'm done here, at this point I find the game is merely killing time rather than having fun and that's my cue to find something else to play.

Anyone want my stuff? mp10 capable (though mp 8 or 9 is far faster) CM wiz.
Also includes a force/weapon that (with swapping the emerald over from chant's will) makes for a decent low mp archon build.

Also have a bunch of gear that's useful for leveling alts or friends, and other various junk.

The new plans are pretty awesome. I've only crafted about a dozen total items and I've upgraded my barb amulet, monk gloves and witch doctor shoulders. The witch doctor shoulders that I just crafted probably would have cost me many millions of gold. 222 int, 152 bit, 42 poison resist, 73 all resist and +5 pickup radius.

krev82 wrote:

Anyone want my stuff? mp10 capable (though mp 8 or 9 is far faster) CM wiz.
Also includes a force/weapon that (with swapping the emerald over from chant's will) makes for a decent low mp archon build.

I may be interested in some of it. Can you link your battle.net profile?

I sent you a friend invite on Steam.

Blizzard just announced Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4. This may get me back into Diablo, I hope I can access my PC content, somehow.

So with the PS4 announcement, what are the odds we'll get controller support on the PC/Mac version? The XBLA version of Torchlight sold me on the controller for ARPGs, and that might be enough to get me back into D3…

Big thanks to krev for the gear. If anybody wants the Cain's set that he gave me, just let me know. I don't need to level softcore characters anymore so it's up for grabs.

iaintgotnopants wrote:

Big thanks to krev for the gear. If anybody wants the Cain's set that he gave me, just let me know. I don't need to level softcore characters anymore so it's up for grabs.

I'll take it, if still available.

SpyNavy wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

Big thanks to krev for the gear. If anybody wants the Cain's set that he gave me, just let me know. I don't need to level softcore characters anymore so it's up for grabs.

I'll take it, if still available.

Sure thing, just add pants#1395 and join my game when you see me on (I'm usually on at least a couple times a week). You can add me on Steam too (link is in my sig) and just send a message if I'm not playing.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
SpyNavy wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

Big thanks to krev for the gear. If anybody wants the Cain's set that he gave me, just let me know. I don't need to level softcore characters anymore so it's up for grabs.

I'll take it, if still available.

Sure thing, just add pants#1395 and join my game when you see me on (I'm usually on at least a couple times a week). You can add me on Steam too (link is in my sig) and just send a message if I'm not playing.

Can do. I will be on tonight after 2130 EST.

Well, I finished normal difficulty on hardcore last night. On to Nightmare!

Long blog post by Blizzard designer about itemization. Too long for me to read at work, but good to see they're still working on improving this aspect of the game.