Diablo III Catch-All 2.0

FYI: Can not accept some of your friend invites because your friends lists are full. Not sure what the cap is.

I'll take a STEAM invite also, if possible.

(Finally got home from ye ole truck park and started a Demon Hunter. Yay!)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChipRMonk

edit: oops. Sorry about the messed-up link...and much thanks for the invite.

yeah it sucks... I have four friend invites, but I can't accept any of them because they're full. Is there any point in limiting the number of friends? How many do you full people have?

Bah, well that's not good. I just went down the list and friend requested everyone I could. Apologies in advance.

Stylez wrote:

So ChrisLTD and I played through starter edition content, since for some reason my standard edition key didn't take. Turns out it's only for the Americas servers, if I log off and switch to European my account acknowledges that I'm paid up. Opened a support ticket. Bets on how long it'll be for a response?

I'm very impressed lately with Blizzard's support system actually. I bought D2 and its expansion a couple of days ago digitally on their site, then read up the D3 Collector's Edition that I will receive tomorrow, only to discover that it includes D2 and the expansion. I submitted a ticket a few hours after the initial purchase explaining the situation and requesting to be refunded. They replied back only a few hours later that it would be taken care of, and I have by now received refunds on my credit card. So you should be fine.

Ugh. My hand hurts.

So, this is ... more Diablo. I'm good with that. I didn't play any of the beta, so I'm going into this fresh at this point. There's some nice subtle refinements here, but nothing ground breaking. I really wish Blizzard would come up with a new IP at this point, but I'm happy to have more Diablo.

Aw FFS Blizzard...

Got booted from the server and lost a level's worth of progress. Let me know when they're actually competent at keeping the servers up and I'll be back in game.

played a bit of coop with NSMike as a witch doctor. not sure how much i am lovin that class.

My main is a monk and I absolutely love it. The 100 strikes attack is amazing. For groups I have an ability that sucks everyone around me into myself and another blazing spin kick which boots em all away again.

Rockin.

NSMike wrote:

Aw FFS Blizzard...

Got booted from the server and lost a level's worth of progress. Let me know when they're actually competent at keeping the servers up and I'll be back in game.

Yeah, it seems that you must reach checkpoints for the character state to save. I just lost some sweet upgrades and half a dungeon clear because of a disconnect. Applying an archaic single player save system to a game that requires one to be connected to battle.net is silly ridiculous *(&^)% HULK SMASH!!

If I always have to be connected, it should always be saving my game.

krev82 wrote:

FYI: Can not accept some of your friend invites because your friends lists are full. Not sure what the cap is.

Yeah, I'm full. I have 63 friends online, so I'm assuming the cap is 100 as there are a lot of people offline too. Not postive about this. It's a bummer I imagine they'll patch it.

Edit: I have 63 friends online and 37 friends offline. The limit is 100.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
krev82 wrote:

FYI: Can not accept some of your friend invites because your friends lists are full. Not sure what the cap is.

Yeah, I'm full. I have 63 friends online, so I'm assuming the cap is 100 as there are a lot of people offline too. Not postive about this. It's a bummer I imagine they'll patch it.

Edit: I have 63 friends online and 37 friends offline. The limit is 100.

Bah. Looks like I have to prune my friends list already.

Curses upon all you reasonable and friendly people!

Did anyone else know that Leah was voiced by Jennifer Hale?

Is my voice recognition just that dull or did she just pull off NOT sounding like Shepard (who I feel sounds like she's in her mid-late 30s unlike Leah who seem to be early 20s at most?)?

Monk is fantastic, especially once you get the rune that turns Deadly Reach into a wide-area attack.

So I somehow lost almost all of my achievements from last night. The story ones are the worst (talk to Deckard Cain, Kill the Skeleton King, and Kill the Act I boss). Is there no way to go back and do these again without losing all my progress?

Is there is no such thing as boss runs anymore?

Question time! If I buy this retail, can I then activate it on battle.net and download from there?

Vector wrote:

So I somehow lost almost all of my achievements from last night. The story ones are the worst (talk to Deckard Cain, Kill the Skeleton King, and Kill the Act I boss). Is there no way to go back and do these again without losing all my progress?

Is there is no such thing as boss runs anymore?

Yeah, my achievement list is also full of holes. I'm just taking comfort in the fact that I'll be redoing them all in Nightmare difficulty anyway.

EDIT:

BlackSabre wrote:

Question time! If I buy this retail, can I then activate it on battle.net and download from there?

Yarp.

Is there still an issue with equipping the Templar a shield?

Grenn wrote:

Is there still an issue with equipping the Templar a shield?

I changed the Templar's shield yesterday and had no issues.

Slacker1913 wrote:
Vector wrote:

So I somehow lost almost all of my achievements from last night. The story ones are the worst (talk to Deckard Cain, Kill the Skeleton King, and Kill the Act I boss). Is there no way to go back and do these again without losing all my progress?

Is there is no such thing as boss runs anymore?

Yeah, my achievement list is also full of holes. I'm just taking comfort in the fact that I'll be redoing them all in Nightmare difficulty anyway.

Well, some of the achievements I am missing are for Normal Difficulty. At least I know I'll be replaying them with a different character.

Slacker1913 wrote:
BlackSabre wrote:

Question time! If I buy this retail, can I then activate it on battle.net and download from there?

Yarp.

Crap. There goes my lunchbreak. Looks like I'm taking a trip to JBHifi. It's $69.00 there which is cheaper than buying it online. Curse you people and all your filthy enabling.

I think I'm doing too much wandering and not enough moving forward. Leveling slowed down significantly faster than it used to. Guess I need to get a move on and focus more on the missions.

Either way, it's still pure digital crack. I'd still be playing except my eyes started to hurt and I could feel the headache coming on.

Vector wrote:
Grenn wrote:

Is there still an issue with equipping the Templar a shield?

I changed the Templar's shield yesterday and had no issues.

Slacker1913 wrote:
Vector wrote:

So I somehow lost almost all of my achievements from last night. The story ones are the worst (talk to Deckard Cain, Kill the Skeleton King, and Kill the Act I boss). Is there no way to go back and do these again without losing all my progress?

Is there is no such thing as boss runs anymore?

Yeah, my achievement list is also full of holes. I'm just taking comfort in the fact that I'll be redoing them all in Nightmare difficulty anyway.

Well, some of the achievements I am missing are for Normal Difficulty. At least I know I'll be replaying them with a different character.

Ah, right. My bad.

Also, there's no way this game is too easy. I already got killed twice in first act and I'm guessing some combinations of elite abilities on higher difficulties (*cough* fear-and-teleport) will make that a more common occurrence.

Huh, just got randomly booted

NO. I just took a short break and now I can't log in.

BlackSabre wrote:

Question time! If I buy this retail, can I then activate it on battle.net and download from there?

That's what I did. Now i'm waiting on a response from Blizzard so that I can play on the americas server. Not sure what I did wrong, but make sure you don't do what I did

Pikey26 wrote:

Did anyone else know that Leah was voiced by Jennifer Hale?

Is my voice recognition just that dull or did she just pull off NOT sounding like Shepard (who I feel sounds like she's in her mid-late 30s unlike Leah who seem to be early 20s at most?)?

I didn't know she voiced her until I noticed it in-game (and then looked it up). There are very few times where I think she sounds anything like Shepard. I love Jennifer Hale. She's so damn good.

shoptroll wrote:

Huh, just got randomly booted :(

Me too.

Stuck at authenticating credentials, error 75

Looks like SC2 is down as well. Hooray!

We got as far as the repair the crown quest in about 2 hours of play. Not quite out of beta territory but having a good time again. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to disable the achievement notifications for friends? Some of them seem a touch spoilery so far

So, today's lesson: if you're in game, don't leave to use the auction house as you're not getting back in bar significant luck before people go to bed. Also, the auction house barely works anyway. Meh, back to hitting resume game every 15 seconds.

Yeah, I understand this is "opening day", but I expect more out of Blizzard.