Torchlight 2 Catch-All

Note that the author warns that old vanilla gear at a given level may be a bit weak in Synergies. Also, there can be issues going back from synergies to vanilla. The warnings are in the "how to install" bit on the mod forums.

Synergies looks great, but I still kind of want to wait until I can get it through Steam workshop. I really wish they'd get around to implementing that.

LobsterMobster wrote:

Synergies looks great, but I still kind of want to wait until I can get it through Steam workshop. I really wish they'd get around to implementing that.

Why? Download and pull the Pak files into the folder and you're done.

I would like to be added to the Steam group

Sparhawk wrote:

I would like to be added to the Steam group :)

Done.

SpyNavy wrote:
LobsterMobster wrote:

Synergies looks great, but I still kind of want to wait until I can get it through Steam workshop. I really wish they'd get around to implementing that.

Why? Download and pull the Pak files into the folder and you're done.

That so? Hmm...

Tried synergies with Einbjorn yesterday and I think it is a much better game because of this mod. That and I am having a blast with the necro. I wouldn't mind joining in on the steam group as well if others want to play.

Invite sent.

Well, I wanted to finish the base game before going in the Synergies mod. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: and somehow now today, the thing they should have done is going full steamwork for MP. So you could just quick-join friend like borderlands2.

LobsterMobster wrote:
SpyNavy wrote:
LobsterMobster wrote:

Synergies looks great, but I still kind of want to wait until I can get it through Steam workshop. I really wish they'd get around to implementing that.

Why? Download and pull the Pak files into the folder and you're done.

That so? Hmm...

Yep download, extract, and copy the couple of Pak files into the Torchlight 2 directory. Subdirectory is titled either Pak or mods, something like that. Then fire it up and you're done. The boot screen should say remastered 1.x on the splash screen. I also installed the graphic update referenced earlier.

Not sure if its been discussed already, but here is a mod to allow xbox 360 controller support for TL2.

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbd...

I have not tried it yet, but I can't wait to give it a go. I enjoyed playing TL1 with a controller on the xbox.

Oh I need to jump on the steam invites too. I've been playin' the crap out of this game and synergies just added a whole new level of awesome to it for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...

Invite sent.

I have hit a wall, and think I'll need to level 1-2 more levels to continue. I hate there is no respawn. But to reset a zone, it's only doable in MP?

Manach wrote:

I have hit a wall, and think I'll need to level 1-2 more levels to continue. I hate there is no respawn. But to reset a zone, it's only doable in MP?

The dungeons do respawn eventually but I don't know how long.

The easy way without doing MP is to create a LAN game and select to reroll worlds.

I'm not so sure about this Synergies mod. I am still early on (near the end of Act I) on Veteran but am about 4 levels above the quest lines and just wrecking through everything. I died once very early on due to being distracted, but that was it. On most enemies, even bosses, I am hardly losing health.
I was under the impression the game was supposed to be harder, but the quality of equipment and the rapid leveling so far has made things a cakewalk. Or maybe I just became incredibly good at the game. Does the challenge ramp up later on?

Normal would be described that way on the base game. I had to restart and move my characters up to Veteran to have any chance of dying.

If you're playing with the Synergies custom class (Necro?) then I seriously doubt it's balanced as well as the 4 main classes. Player-created stuff never is.

Stele wrote:

Normal would be described that way on the base game. I had to restart and move my characters up to Veteran to have any chance of dying.

If you're playing with the Synergies custom class (Necro?) then I seriously doubt it's balanced as well as the 4 main classes. Player-created stuff never is.

I'm playing a focus-based Berserker (AoE ice attacks + Eviscerate and the shadow wolf heal attack)

Ha, ironically I just got killed twice on the same floor. Those Mirka Frostbinders are still jerks.
Careful what you wish for, I guess. :p

Those are the patch notes from November. Today's notes are a lot more boring:

Patch 1.21.x.1
Released January 14, 2013

Stability
Fix for potential Steamworks related crash.
Gameplay
Fix for a desynchronization error which can occur in 3+ player multiplayer games in very specific timing circumstances.
Fix for a rare issue where the effects on a merchant's items (or items left on the ground) can be wiped if a player takes ownership of a level while the original owner is departing.

Heh yeah I thought those new pets looked familiar.

ooops, it's what showed up when I clicked on details. Never checked the date, obviously

Update on Torchlight II

Some old info...nevermind

Just got back into this last week. My Embermage wasn't exciting me anymore so I rolled up a Berserker and now the fun has returned.

Runic username is also Maclintok if anyone sees me online and would like to join forces.

I'm Squee9 on Runic. I just hit NG+ with my hammer Engineer, but I've got a berzerker in the teens if people want to roll around.

Also, steam me if I'm not already in there please.

Finished the game. But is playing through it again worthwhile?

-edit-
Name is Sparhawk on Runic

Sparhawk wrote:

Finished the game. But is playing through it again worthwhile?

-edit-
Name is Sparhawk on Runic

Yes. Basically it feels very different with each class. (Outlander (shotgon) and Beserker (claw dual) runs done fyi)

boogle wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:

Finished the game. But is playing through it again worthwhile?

-edit-
Name is Sparhawk on Runic

Yes. Basically it feels very different with each class. (Outlander (shotgon) and Beserker (claw dual) runs done fyi)

Glad to hear so I already thought it was kind of short for upping all my skills. But will also go forward in the plus mode.

So the other day a friend of mine and I were playing the Derinkuyu (leveling) zone from Synergies and my friend was crushing the zone in his normal gear @ lvl 84 while myself at lvl 100 and in my Synergies armor set was getting face rolled by the mobs. Turns out there is an error in MP where the gear is TOO good and the game decides to ignore it... just an FYI.

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index...

Just started playing and I am not digging the Engineer as much as I thought i would. Next up Berserker.