Sleeping Dogs (Formerly Known As "True Crime: Hong Kong") Catch All

Pages

acetate3 wrote:

Hey all, I have Sleeping Dogs on the 360 but never played it. The definitive edition is currently on sale on the Xbox One for $15. Do you think it's worth shelling out the cash for an upgraded version with all of the DLC?

It also looks so much better, so yes. I loved playing through it on the PS4.

Has anyone found a way of changing FOV on the PC version? I have the first version and want to like it, but I get queasy before too long. Maybe I'll have to try it on the kids' PS4 but I hate buying something I already have.

I played on PC so not sure how much graphics difference there is between the 360 and the One, but with the DLC, I never really bothered with any of it except a couple totally cosmetic items. There are items in the DLC packs that can make you Wei overpowered and kill the fun.

Either way you decide to play it though, definitely play it. It's such a super good game. Was in my top two the year I played it.

Demosthenes wrote:
acetate3 wrote:

Hey all, I have Sleeping Dogs on the 360 but never played it. The definitive edition is currently on sale on the Xbox One for $15. Do you think it's worth shelling out the cash for an upgraded version with all of the DLC?

It also looks so much better, so yes. I loved playing through it on the PS4. :D

Depends on whether the the Zodiac Tournament and Nightmare on North Point DLCs are included or if it's just the cosmetic stuff. Those two DLCs are amazing and very fun.

Having played both the original (with DLC) and the remastered version... yes, I'd get the upgrade. Besides looks (which alone I'd say didn't merit the upgrade), there is some great DLC story/extras (like the Zodiac Tournament and Nightmare In North Point mentioned by maverickz) worth extra money. Plus some very fun extra costumes and vehicles.

As Infyrnos points out, some of the extra costumes and weapons in the DLC are overpowered. However, the way they've been integrated is great. Some of them have to be purchased, with sufficiently high prices that you can't afford them until they are more balanced. Some of the DLC extra missions only "open up" later in the remastered campaign, and you need to do those missions to unlock other extras. So, unlike buying the DLC extras and immediately getting something that might be over/underpowered, it is instead introduced in places that make sense.

beeporama wrote:

As Infyrnos points out, some of the extra costumes and weapons in the DLC are overpowered. However, the way they've been integrated is great. Some of them have to be purchased, with sufficiently high prices that you can't afford them until they are more balanced. Some of the DLC extra missions only "open up" later in the remastered campaign, and you need to do those missions to unlock other extras. So, unlike buying the DLC extras and immediately getting something that might be over/underpowered, it is instead introduced in places that make sense.

That does sound like an improvement, since some of the DLC were a bit ridiculous, like the one that hands you a chunk of cash for completing the tutorial, or just gives you a bunch of mission points that erases the cop/triad balance.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll be picking up the definitive edition this weekend and will hopefully dig into it soon!

edit: accidental miss post I the wrong thread. Sorry.

@acetate3 Nice portrait. Boards Of Canada are a great listen while gaming.

Rawkinmolie wrote:

Hearthstone, because I'm back, baby! (I got burnt out for about 6 weeks) And Don't Starve. I will be playing both on my iPad 4 , which apparently is being phased out by Apple. I have a feeling that iPad devs that are interested in making money will still support it, though.

Best new DLC of the Definitive Edition!

maverickz wrote:
Rawkinmolie wrote:

Hearthstone, because I'm back, baby! (I got burnt out for about 6 weeks) And Don't Starve. I will be playing both on my iPad 4 , which apparently is being phased out by Apple. I have a feeling that iPad devs that are interested in making money will still support it, though.

Best new DLC of the Definitive Edition!

Real men eat Pork Balls!

Gremlin wrote:

That does sound like an improvement, since some of the DLC were a bit ridiculous, like the one that hands you a chunk of cash for completing the tutorial, or just gives you a bunch of mission points that erases the cop/triad balance.

Oh yeah, the "shortcut" DLCs aren't included.

Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?

Pages