Dead Space 3 Catch-All

Pages

So it's totally (il)legit, according to an (un)official clip from an Israeli TV show, Visceral has(n't) confirmed the (non)existence of Dead Space 3

IGN wrote:
Eagle-eyed IGN reader David Porges was watching the Israeli staff tour EA's Redwood Shores office and talk about the evolution of video games. During the piece, some b-roll aired and Porges (from Kfar Saba, Israel) caught a glimpse of a Dead Space 3 logo and what appears to be a Dead Space 3 concept art wall.

link to article

Tagging. I'm guessing that info is bogus, but you never know. At any rate, I'm sure Dead Space 3 will come out eventually.

Mmmmmmm... I love me some Dead Space.

I hope it is true! I love both 1 and 2!

Considering that Dead Space 2 sold and reviewed well but didn't conclude its story, a third one is inevitable.

I absolutely adore the Dead Space series. I have seen all the movies, read all the comics, etc. Just awesome!

I love me some Dead Space and will pre-order the third game, whenever it may come out.

Now, I'm kind of hoping that they pick a new protagonist. I know, I know I said that about Dead Space 2 and I know they did a great job with Isaac and I totally ate my words, but I feel like we've seen his story arc. It'd be picking on the poor guy for him to run into the necromorphs AGAIN. I mean come on, he's already going to spend the rest of his life in therapy. Ellie can probably forgive the screaming in the middle of the night but the third time he holds a plasma cutter to her throat she's going to walk out.

It felt like they were setting something up with Lexine in the Dead Space 2 DLC so maybe they'll go in that direction. There's still a story to tell there.

How long was it between DS1 and DS2? That might give some indication as to when it might be available. I only got around to playing DS1 this year, and finished a day or two before DS2 came out. Loved them both, but have no recolection when DS1 came out.

I've been assuming DS3 was inevitable as both DS1 and DS2 were fairly well received.

Wakim wrote:
How long was it between DS1 and DS2? That might give some indication as to when it might be available. I only got around to playing DS1 this year, and finished a day or two before DS2 came out. Loved them both, but have no recolection when DS1 came out.

I've been assuming DS3 was inevitable as both DS1 and DS2 were fairly well received.

Three years after the Ishimura incident.

ZaneRockfist wrote:
Wakim wrote:
How long was it between DS1 and DS2? That might give some indication as to when it might be available. I only got around to playing DS1 this year, and finished a day or two before DS2 came out. Loved them both, but have no recolection when DS1 came out.

I've been assuming DS3 was inevitable as both DS1 and DS2 were fairly well received.

Three years after the Ishimura incident.

I think he meant how long between the release of the two games. DS1 came out October 2008, DS2 came out January 2011. They also released the Wii Extraction title in 2009, the iOS game in early January 2011, and that god awful arcade title late last year.

Yeah, Dead Space stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Mirror's Edge that Christmas. Did notably better, though, hence the also quite impressive sequel (still upset over Me, as a sequel really could have improved things greatly, but I digress...)

LobsterMobster wrote:
Now, I'm kind of hoping that they pick a new protagonist. I know, I know I said that about Dead Space 2 and I know they did a great job with Isaac and I totally ate my words, but I feel like we've seen his story arc. It'd be picking on the poor guy for him to run into the necromorphs AGAIN. I mean come on, he's already going to spend the rest of his life in therapy. Ellie can probably forgive the screaming in the middle of the night but the third time he holds a plasma cutter to her throat she's going to walk out.

I would totally play as Ellie. You can never have enough characters with eye-patches. Or cyborg eyes.

Or cyborg eye-patches, come to think of it.

Damn, I completely forgot I downloaded that DLC...should probably get around to playing that at some point.

I think they've established that you can just sort of regrow eyes. I mean, Isaac bounced back pretty quick after what happened to his...

This game shouldn't come out for another three years. I'll probably have finished the first two by then. I played about three hours of the first one and really enjoyed it but I got distracted by something shiny.

LobsterMobster wrote:
I think they've established that you can just sort of regrow eyes. I mean, Isaac bounced back pretty quick after what happened to his...

The machine didn't take his eye, it just...ya know...gave it a little love tap.

LobsterMobster wrote:
I think they've established that you can just sort of regrow eyes. I mean, Isaac bounced back pretty quick after what happened to his...

They actually established this in the teaser website/ARG for DS1. There is a medical technician who works in a lab regrowing body parts for injured miners on the Ishimura.

Also: Silicon Era reveals more DS3 details

Early in Dead Space 3, Isaac crash lands on the planet. He believes he may be the only survivor and makes his way to an abandoned waystation, which he uses for shelter from the snowstorm. There he finds a survivor who is severely injured. Isaac speaks to the near dead comrade who reveals there are other survivors that trekked off to another facility. One of them is Ellie, a key character from the original Dead Space game. Isaac grabs a snowsuit and heads into the blizzard.

The glaring error is that Ellie is from DS2, not the original. But other than that, it sounds interesting.

IMAGE(http://i51.tinypic.com/e7jxnq.jpg)

Snowstorm? Sounds awesome. I'm glad they seem to be bringing Ellie back. She was a fun character.

I just want more Maxine. I haven't played Dead Space 2 or Severed, yet, but man, did I ever love her in Extraction. More than any character in Dead Space, Ignition, or the movies (yes, I watched them; no, you shouldn't).

An ice planet/snowstorm is an interesting change from a space station/ship. I can see them doing interesting things with visibility (like the nebulas in Freespace2, giving you glimpses of the enemy), and I guess body heat will be the replacement for oxygen in a vacuum.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
I just want more Maxine. I haven't played Dead Space 2 or Severed, yet, but man, did I ever love her in Extraction. More than any character in Dead Space, Ignition, or the movies (yes, I watched them; no, you shouldn't).

Yeah, I theorized that Isaac & Ellie would somehow cross paths with Maxine since they all escaped the Sprawl within a couple of hours of each other, and the Unitologists have a clear interest in both Isaac and Maxine.

I instantly think of John Carpenter's The Thing. It could be a cool setting.

nel e nel wrote:
Scratched wrote:
An ice planet/snowstorm is an interesting change from a space station/ship. I can see them doing interesting things with visibility (like the nebulas in Freespace2, giving you glimpses of the enemy), and I guess body heat will be the replacement for oxygen in a vacuum.

Dead Space: The Thing on the Lost Planet

Scratched wrote:
An ice planet/snowstorm is an interesting change from a space station/ship. I can see them doing interesting things with visibility (like the nebulas in Freespace2, giving you glimpses of the enemy), and I guess body heat will be the replacement for oxygen in a vacuum.

Dead Space 3: The Thing on Lost Planet

It also reminds me of whichever Penumbra game is set in the Arctic. (They may all have been.)

Latest update, co-op?

Polygon wrote:
Users will experience different cut scenes depending on whether they are playing in co-op or single player mode. Additionally players can co-operatively interact with the environment together by using, as an example, telekinesis. It is stated ammo will be shared with your co-op partner and although there is no revive system it is possible to heal your partner.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...

Hmm. Lack of a revive system might be a pain. The worst part about RE5 was getting a Game Over because your teammate was acting like a moron.

Screeeeenshooooots!

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/AdkUS.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/YEkWx.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/dcKXM.jpg)

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7...

That beard makes Isaac look like a Fremen or something

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/Lv0DQ.gif)

Is that first pic a necromorph with a gun? Looks like an enemy from Doom.

As long as that co-op feature isn't mandatory (e.g., saddling the player with an AI buddy if we're playing it single-player) I'm definitely in for this one at release.

I absolutely love this universe, but I am very uncomfortable with this being co-op.

Puce Moose wrote:
As long as that co-op feature isn't mandatory (e.g., saddling the player with an AI buddy if we're playing it single-player) I'm definitely in for this one at release.

Well, the last update mentioned there would be human enemies in addition to necromorphs in this installment.

Puce Moose wrote:
As long as that co-op feature isn't mandatory (e.g., saddling the player with an AI buddy if we're playing it single-player) I'm definitely in for this one at release.

The same update/rumor also mentioned that co-op is optional, and the game would play differently depending if you had a partner or not (i.e. the non-Isaac character is gone altogether).

EDIT: check the IGN and Verge links upthread.

Pages