The Elder Scrolls Online Catch-All

Hey all... I still regularly (read: daily) play ESO and would love to group up with GWJ peeps. I am in a guild that would likely fit folks here, it's called the Grey Manes (on PC) and the Greyish Manes on Xbox (I play on both). It is a guild specifically catering to folks with lives. Play how you want, when you want.

I originally only played with my wife (heh) on Xbox because we weren't about group chat with strangers or PUGs. I have found the game to be so much more fun with a fun group, and activities that we simply couldn't enjoy (such as dungeons and trials) have given the game some serious legs, for us.

The guild(s) use Discord to organize and are very welcoming. We have actually started a sister guild on PC as the original has hit the 500 member mark, while the Xbox guild has a robust and active population of about 90 people.

Anyone interested can find the Discord at right here or look me up in game, @Abu5217 on PC, GT Abu5217 on Xbox.

Abu5217 wrote:

Hey all... I still regularly (read: daily) play ESO and would love to group up with GWJ peeps. I am in a guild that would likely fit folks here, it's called the Grey Manes (on PC) and the Greyish Manes on Xbox (I play on both). It is a guild specifically catering to folks with lives. Play how you want, when you want.

I originally only played with my wife (heh) on Xbox because we weren't about group chat with strangers or PUGs. I have found the game to be so much more fun with a fun group, and activities that we simply couldn't enjoy (such as dungeons and trials) have given the game some serious legs, for us.

The guild(s) use Discord to organize and are very welcoming. We have actually started a sister guild on PC as the original has hit the 500 member mark, while the Xbox guild has a robust and active population of about 90 people.

Anyone interested can find the Discord at right here or look me up in game, @Abu5217 on PC, GT Abu5217 on Xbox.

Thanks for the recommendation Abu! I’ll check them out!

I have a couple questions I hope folks can help me out with:

1. At what level can I do the new Harrowstorm DLC? I’m hearing 45 but wanted to double check.
2. Can you belong to multiple guilds like in GW?

I am not sure on the level requirement for Harrowstorm. IIRC, this DLC is two new dungeons, so you would be subject to whatever the level gate is for the dungeons. That's if you want to enter alone, you can enter with a group even if you are underleveled.

Yes, you can be in up to 5 guilds at a time.

Isn't all content available at all levels now?

If I wanted to start up on PS4, what should I buy? Base game or a bundle? Does the content ever get discounted? Any trials?

Blind_Evil wrote:

If I wanted to start up on PS4, what should I buy? Base game or a bundle? Does the content ever get discounted? Any trials?

I think you can get the base game for free if you sign up for PlayStation Plus. If you like it, I would then preorder Greymoor which will give you all the past expansions.

I started playing this last week after trying it a while ago but only putting a couple of hours in. It is sticking with me more this time. It is hard not to compare it to WoW which I played for years and some things in this game have rough edges or seem to harder than they should be, but I am liking it.

I still don’t totally understand the money and DLC model but I subscribed to Plus for a month to avoid most of the complication and I figure that is probably the cheapest way to enjoy a month or two and then see if I am still playing.

If you have any newbie guides that are good please post them. I read the official guides on the ESO site but they don’t really contain many tips on things like save that reagent for later or you will regret it or this skill is much more fun than you might expect. Tips on what to spend crowns on would be helpful also!

Altcast has some excellent guides especially for beginners

https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-player-...

I also like the beginner builds from Dottz gaming. Here’s the one I’ve been using as a sorcerer though lately I’ve been having more fun on my necro:

https://dottzgaming.com/build/eso-so...

What class are you doing running? I may be able to give you some beginner pointers as I played them all but Templar to 20 to see which one I liked the most.

I am doing a sneak archer of course! (Nightblade wood elf). I think I am level 7 now, so still early days.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

LeapingGnome wrote:

I am doing a sneak archer of course! (Nightblade wood elf). I think I am level 7 now, so still early days.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

Cool cool - night blades are fun but from what I’ve seen bow sneak attack builds aren’t the auto win that they were in Skyrim. At any rate, Dottz has a beginner’s night blade guide:
https://dottzgaming.com/build/eso-ni...

The only other advice I would give is try to level up two sets of weapons when you hit 15 and can swap between dual blades and bow. That way you have options at max level if you want to change to melee.

The Orc area DLC has a great storyline in it.

Awesome trailer!

Yes, it is pretty awesome, but i'm kinda over these cinematic trailers, just go ahead and make the movie, god dammit. These trailers are fancy and cool but at the end of the day they are just budget wasting non productive marketing fluff.

Oh and I don't like their odds on getting out of this one.

I used to feel that way, but Final Fantasy The Spirit Within and Warcraft basically taught me that these marketing snippets are better than full movies.

Brownypoints wrote:

Yes, it is pretty awesome, but i'm kinda over these cinematic trailers, just go ahead and make the movie, god dammit. These trailers are fancy and cool but at the end of the day they are just budget wasting non productive marketing fluff.

Oh and I don't like their odds on getting out of this one.

They are by far not budget wasting. The 40+ minute queue is proof of that.

So just wanted to say they’ve nailed the feeling of Skyrim in the new expansion. If you’re an old school elder scrolls fan or an ESO player on the fence about the new expansion, I would highly recommend checking it out.

Of course the 40 minute wait times really suck so on second thought maybe wait a few days.

Did you start a new character for the expansion?

This game has sucked me back in over the last few weeks. Since I'm a crazy completionist I'm still playing through the original story content. (Plus I've heard that later expansions are way better and I'm afraid I won't want to go back.) I have two more zones in the Ebonheart Pact and one more zone in the Covenant. Then I'll move on to Imperial City, Morrowind, and Summerset - all of which I also own.

I also occasionally do some thieving and dark brotherhooding to level those skills, and I'm close to becoming a master woodworker. I've already maxed clothing and cooking.

LeapingGnome wrote:

Did you start a new character for the expansion?

I did - recreated my Skyrim character as a dragonknight. He feels very different in play style from my squishy sorcerer. And the intro tutorial is excellent.

But given that I want to start doing trials soon I’ll probably go back to my sorc and grind out champion points. The game is unfortunately not as alt friendly as I had hoped.

jdzappa wrote:
LeapingGnome wrote:

Did you start a new character for the expansion?

I did - recreated my Skyrim character as a dragonknight. He feels very different in play style from my squishy sorcerer. And the intro tutorial is excellent.

But given that I want to start doing trials soon I’ll probably go back to my sorc and grind out champion points. The game is unfortunately not as alt friendly as I had hoped.

The Dolmen grind is still active and constantly running. Use some xp scrolls or potions and you can get there eventually and it can also help you level your character quickly too.

I'm wanting to try the new Vampire line, but not decided if i'm going to create a new character or just pick it up on one of my others.

Just started a character on Stadia. Dark Elf Warden...

Is the GWJ guild accepting new recruits?

Name's Mantark... Manta was taken...